Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Give Reshade a try if you have been reluctant!

I don’t think my eyesight is good enough to tell the difference.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

About wide gamut monitors:

I have never been satisfied of the colors of MSFS. First I tried to adjust them with nVidia's tools, then I found FinalLight's preset. The latter was pretty ok for reducing green tint, I suffered from, but some green fields still had nasty neon tone. Yesterday I realized that the problem is probably my monitor that is a wide gamut monitor. Since the source image is rendered in sRGB color space (no HDR in use), the result in my screen is more colorful than meant to be. I also found color gamut converter effect from prod80 library. That made a big difference. It wiped out that green tint and over saturated reds and greens at once.

If you have a wide gamut monitor, I suggest you try this. For me the best setting is Adobe RGB. There is also Wide Gamut RGB profile, but that removed too much saturation for me. My monitor uses Quantum Dot technique, so it may differ from yours.

The effect file is PD80_01_Color_Gamut.fx and it's installable via Reshade installer.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

normally I start MSFS via AMD software, and then in the Amd software select the game. I assume this is not possible when I need to use a batfile? I have mstore msfs.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I have just started using MSFS again after being away with XP12 since that was released.  I have been tinkering with Reshade again and found a really good filter to adjust colours - prod80_04_SelectiveColor_v2 [PD80_04_Selective_Color_v2.fx]

There are two sections that I found to be useful - Selective Color:  Yellow-Greens & Selective Color: Greens. I Turned the saturation sliders to maximum in each section to maximum.  I then adjusted 'magenta' & 'yellow' in each section until colors looked more natural.  When it looked good I set saturation in each section back to default.  I finished up by using the Colourfulness [Colourfulness.fx] to adjust overall saturation.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 6/9/2023 at 4:20 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have just started using MSFS again after being away with XP12 since that was released.  I have been tinkering with Reshade again and found a really good filter to adjust colours - prod80_04_SelectiveColor_v2 [PD80_04_Selective_Color_v2.fx]

There are two sections that I found to be useful - Selective Color:  Yellow-Greens & Selective Color: Greens. I Turned the saturation sliders to maximum in each section to maximum.  I then adjusted 'magenta' & 'yellow' in each section until colors looked more natural.  When it looked good I set saturation in each section back to default.  I finished up by using the Colourfulness [Colourfulness.fx] to adjust overall saturation.

@MrBitstFlyerwhat numbers are you using for each filter adjustment please? Trying to dial it in on my PC but having little luck. 

Thank you. 

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

7 hours ago, jay281 said:

@MrBitstFlyerwhat numbers are you using for each filter adjustment please? Trying to dial it in on my PC but having little luck. 

Thank you. 

I would advise to download FinalLight filter for ReShade.  Nothing to configure just select it, but it makes MSFS lighting and colours very natural, better than I managed myself!  I now only have FinalLight!

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

47 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I would advise to download FinalLight filter for ReShade.  Nothing to configure just select it, but it makes MSFS lighting and colours very natural, better than I managed myself!  I now only have FinalLight!

I agree, FinalLight is excellent! Wouldn't want to use the sim without it.

• Like 1

Went to Flightsim.to to get the to get the FinalLight preset but it says "File unavailable".

Is there somewhere else to get it?

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

i9-13900K, Z690-P DDR4, 32GB 3000Mhz XMP, RTX4080, Win11 // Honeycomb Throttle+Yoke, TCA, TRPP Rudder Pedals // CEO Lun'Air Virtual Compagny VATSIM/IVAO : https://lunair.fr/en/

45 minutes ago, Noell said:

Went to Flightsim.to to get the to get the FinalLight preset but it says "File unavailable".

Is there somewhere else to get it?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the modsfire link here but you'll find the download link in this thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes/454411/4

TNX for the download link, guys.

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I'm wanting to give this a go, but when I launch ReShade, MSFS isn't in the list and if I try and browse to the MSFS exe location, I'm getting hit with a protected folder alert. Any ideas? Thanks!

Can I use Reshade while also using the Map Enhancement mod?  It seems both require using their own launcher?