Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Well they could I suppose but given the reasons for wanting it had to be explained to the Asobo rep I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Yes, P3D didn’t have live weather. I thought I said that. But they changed the program so others could inject it.

Have a think what you just said. It makes no sense.

If they where fined to reply without thinking, they would bother to think, hopefully.

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have a think what you just said. It makes no sense

It makes perfect sense. If I'm flying in a part of the world thats at night and change the time, the weather is still the same live weather. The only thing that changed was the time. It's really not that hard to wrap your head around. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

If I'm flying in a part of the world thats at night and change the time, the weather is still the same live weather. The only thing that changed was the time.

And exactly that is the problem.

The weather does not match the time of day any more. The live weather for example provides the colder and smoother night weather whereas you should have warmer and bumpier weather when you set the time in the sim to noon.

Wether you call the time wrong or call the weather wrong does not matter. It is the combination of time and weather that is wrong.

Only historic weather can provide adequate weather for the time of day or time of year you set in the sim.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

And exactly that is the problem.

The weather does not match the time of day any more. The live weather for example provides the colder and smoother night weather whereas you should have warmer and bumpier weather when you set the time in the sim to noon.

Wether you call the time wrong or call the weather wrong does not matter. It is the combination of time and weather that is wrong.

Only historic weather can provide adequate weather for the time of day or time of year you set in the sim.

Don't waste your time, they don't want to fly the most accurate way possible.  Maybe they fly with an xbox controller and in outside view.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

It makes perfect sense. If I'm flying in a part of the world thats at night and change the time, the weather is still the same live weather. The only thing that changed was the time. It's really not that hard to wrap your head around. 

The actual weather for the location for that time of day is not correct.

For the weather to be correct the conditions need to match the ATIS broadcast by the airport for that time.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It’s very important for someone like me who lives in a time zone very far from their home country and never gets to enjoy a dusk flight there with accurate weather (unless I happen to wake up at 4AM which does happen on occasion now that I’m firmly in the grip of middle age).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, SN737 said:

Don't waste your time, they don't want to fly the most accurate way possible.  Maybe they fly with an xbox controller and in outside view.

That's nonsense. So people who fly with current time and current weather don't want to fly the most accurate way possible and maybe they fly with an xbox controller and in outside view, but people flying with fake time and wanting old weather are the ones who fly the most accurate way possible? You make me LOL.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you don’t care what the weather is it suggests to me it’s not important to you.  But isn’t the weather the most important thing when flying?

First of all Ray, no weather isn't "the most important thing when flying".  It's one of many big factors.  Second, because it's not relevant in how I use the sim that the weather matches what the weather is at this moment in Dubai this does not mean "the weather is not important to me."  I said it's not relevant that when I fly in Europe that the weather isn't actually happening at that moment where I happen to be.  What really matters is:  is the weather reasonably plausible?  And, can I manage my flight given that the weather is offset several hours?  And the answer pretty much now is, of course, to both.  My goal has never been to fly in real time weather especially since weather is only going to be in the ball park anyway.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

he actual weather for the location for that time of day is not correct.

For the weather to be correct the conditions need to match the ATIS broadcast by the airport for that time.

When it's nighttime here in Colorado I am flying in Australia where it's daytime--it is the same weather displayed to the flyer in Australia, no?  I don't change the time of day...

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Noel said:

When it's nighttime here in Colorado I am flying in Australia where it's daytime

Same. Well, similar as I’m in Europe. If I stay up really late I might get a sunrise flight in Dubai.

But I’m not a serious simmer™ though. I use an Xbox controller, and probably a lot of other things that would disqualify me from that oh so noble category. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

When it's nighttime here in Colorado I am flying in Australia where it's daytime--it is the same weather displayed to the flyer in Australia, no?  I don't change the time of day...

Australia is between 14 and 17 hours ahead of Colorado. So at 20:00 your time it would be between 10:00 - 13:00 local in Australia. So in those circumstances you’re getting the correct weather.

Depending on where the user lives and the area he’s flying in it is possible to have the correct weather even on the other side of the world.

Regarding your other post we all have different priorities. Weather happens to be one of mine (and many others in this topic) but it’s clearly not high up for you. That’s fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Weather happens to be one of mine (and many others in this topic) but it’s clearly not high up for you.

Gee whiz Ray, in order to have "weather" be a priority it must include "historical" weather?  Why's that?  I've been very vocal about improving MSFS' weather in terms of cloud depiction, cloud morphology, wind/pressure effects and so forth.  Whether or not the weather is offset an hour or three has no bearing on how I use the sim.  It's the historical weather piece I don't have a use for.  But that should not imply to you that "weather" is not a very high priority for me.  Hopefully you can appreciate the distinction it's not that difficult.

• Like 2

Noel

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Gee whiz Ray, in order to have "weather" be a priority it must include "historical" weather?  Why's that? 

I'm not Ray, but I see the point.  If I want to fly in turbulent warm noontime air we had today with CB's, I can't do that.  I'm going to go home right now, and fly from my home airport, and it will be cool smooth nighttime air with zero convective activity.   Sure I can turn back the clock and make it daytime, but I can't turn back the weather...they're not in sync

And sure I can make a preset with nasty CB's 40,000 feet tall to my heart's content.  But that preset is fixed.  I won't be able to experience the moving line of CB's that MSFS own live weather so wonderfully depicted 7 hours ago.   If I'm wrong about that someone will let me know I'm sure, but in 2+ years I haven't been able to figure it out.  I guess I'm not enough of a Serious Simmer (tm)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes Rhett I understand some will find a use for HW.  I have no use for how I use flight simulators.  I use A Pilot's Life v2 which directs where my next flight will be, so HW plays absolutely no role in this for me.  If I want to fly locally just for fun I'll just fly in realtime so there is no need for HW.  I many months after initial release I would fly anywhere I wanted and change time of day.  Did it matter that the weather I was looking at in Sarzana IT was off by 6 hours?  Heck no, I had no idea what it was 6 hours previously.   Yes, some will find a need for it I fully understand.  To be supportive of MS/Asobo adding this feature, what does it take to support worldwide weather to the extent Live Weather does now?  That sounds nightmarish right off the cuff but maybe that is not what people are asking for.  I would not vote to support it unless the cost/burden of providing it was somehow worth it vis a vis the percentage of active users who will use it.

Noel

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

That's nonsense. So people who fly with current time and current weather don't want to fly the most accurate way possible and maybe they fly with an xbox controller and in outside view, but people flying with fake time and wanting old weather are the ones who fly the most accurate way possible? You make me LOL.

Of course they are not flying accurately, if they want to fly in another timezone. You still don't get it.

Sergio Naiberg