That was quick.

Hi !

Update for this addon :

v1.0.5

- Pilot weight not state saving - fixed
- Autopilot heading following magnetic instead of gyro - fixed
- Unable to add flight plans into the Garmin - fixed
Use of the PMS data mod is recommended so that the config
and FPLs do not get deleted on plane updates.
- Major file restructure leaving base plane intact - finished
- Ground eye candy added - finished
- Visual effect behavior correctly synchronized across multiplayer - 
done
- AP baro setting not saving - fixed
- Annunciator test switch interaction - fixed
- "No Pants" plane version - added
- Flight model tweaks - done
- Engine oil temp/pressure logic tweaks - done
- Plug fouling logic tweaks - done
- M803 Clock LT 12/24H format choice - added

• Like 2

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Nice. I hope they will implement the correct startup procedure in the next update.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Nice. I hope they will implement the correct startup procedure in the next update.

Out of genuine interest, which part is wrong or missing? 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I add this comment from the forum :

Flight Model tweaks are mainly take advantage of new Flight Model Parameters, introduced in SU11, in particular to improve ground handling in crosswind situations.
Stall & Spin characteristic are also improved to match real world.
Most of the other Flight Models improvements over teh standard Asobo C172, were already implemented in the previous version.

For specific details, ask in the WB-SIM DIscord , so the information is shared there.

That's what I was expecting ! 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Out of genuine interest, which part is wrong or missing? 

See below checklist for the start of a real C172S:

1. Throttle……OPEN ¼ INCH
2. Mixture……IDLE CUTOFF
3. Propeller Area……CLEAR
4. Master switch……ON
5. Flashing Beacon……ON If engine is warm, omit priming procedure of step 6, 7 and 8 below
6. Auxiliary Fuel Pump Switch……ON
7. Mixture…..SET to FULL (full forward) ……until stable fuel flow is indicated (usually 3 to 5 seconds), then set to IDLE CUTOFF (full aft) position
8. Auxiliary Fuel Pump Switch……OFF
9. Ignition Switch…..START (release when engine starts)
10. Mixture……ADVANCE

In the offering by WB-Sim there is a default startup procedure, different from the one above. Compare the above to the WB-Sim checklist. For instance, you have to add full throttle and full mixture when engaging the fuel pump. For the start you still need ¼ mixture input, otherwise she won't start. A2A Simulations had it right with their 172 for FSX/Prepar3D. I remember having read somewhere WB-Sim would implement a correct startup procedure at some point, but I can't find that anymore...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just now, Rimshot said:

I remember having read somewhere WB-Sim would implement a correct startup procedure at some point, but I can't find that anymore...

Thanks for that Bert!  Yes, I remember seeing that statement as well.  I believe they used the reason that the sim or SDK doesn't allow for it yet.  Hopefully it will follow.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.