Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Flight1 ATR 72-500 for FSX: Ready for Take Off!!!!

>Yes!!!>Here you can find the free upgrade :--)))))>http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=atr1>>A warm thanks to the Flight1 team.>The airplane is beautiful and no fps hit at all :-)>Guys, you rock!!!>>:-beerchug To say there is no FPS hit is rather meaningless when you don't provide your system specs and FSX settings I just installed it and it does indeed have a hit on my system which I expected. Still a great addon and flyable on my system at the airports where there isn't a great deal of scenery. Runway 34R KSEA 13.5 FPS VC 18.2 2D Target FR 35 1280x1024x32 Global Text Med Advanced Animations High High Res 3D Cockpit Scenery LOD Med Mesh 70 Mesh Res 5 Terrain Res 2 Water Med 1x Clouds Low Scenery Dense AutoGen 0 Special Effects HighCraig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Aspire 500W P/SWinXP Pro SP2Track IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshFS Genesis Land ClassActive SkyRC4

Guest JIMJAM

Alot of us running ASX with the ATR are having CTDs.You will first have switches going crazy,my winsheild wipers go nutts then it will freeze.No solution yet.

JIMJAM,Interesting.I had my very first " MICROSOFT encountered ....error and need to shut down " using FSX with my first flight in the ATR running ASX. Really took me by surprise, FSX has been solid as a rock so far on my machine.Hope a fix is in the works.cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest JIMJAM

I visited the ATR forums and the word is out.So far its the "we cannot recreate the problem" being repeated but someone will or already has figured it out.Its such a nice plane I do not mind shutting off ASX until a fix is found.

I am getting good frame rates with the ATR. That is with reduced settings (no autogen,2 meter terrain, 38 meter mesh, just about zip for traffic, no major city in the distance, etc) along with UT USA (also reduced setting). The plane is very flyable from the VC and much smoother that FS9 relative to gauge update rates. However, with my system, I still prefer FS9 with lots of traffic, autogen, UTUSA maxed out and KPDX. And I'm still very disappointed that ACES released FSX knowing full well it's performance stunk. The ONLY excuse is they were also blind sided by a late Vista and DX10 release. Other than that, they are not getting my Simulator of the year award. (this year). :)Bob...PS Thank you Flight One and the ATR project folks for offering a free upgrade! Flight One is the best in the business!

Guest Shalomar

I guess it doesn't work with shared cockpits- or does it? Free, wow! Flight 1 rocks!Best Regards, Donald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

While all add on developers have their own business decisions to make, and I wouldn't suggest what they should do, Flight 1 has repeatedly shown that they are willing to make free and very low cost upgrades available, even for completely new products like Ultimate Terrain X - USA. This is in contrast to developers who have taken existing FS9 products and charge a high percentage of the original price to port to FSX. I'm not arguing the business specifics, correctness, validity, or necessity of anyone's decision, only that I make my own purchase decisions accordingly. Thanks Flight 1.