Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Anti-Virus Software

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place.  What ant-virus software are you using that doesn't interfere with P3Dv5?

None of them will if properly configured. It's all in the setup.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

58 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place.  What ant-virus software are you using that doesn't interfere with P3Dv5?

I have been using the default Windows Security that comes with Windows 10 with the default and recommended settings.  I believe this is good enough for the average user.  The only issue I've had if there is an automatic virus scan while I'm using P3DV5, then the sim may slow down for a few minutes and the FPS will drop slightly.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Windows Security here. No detectable issues while running P3DV5.3. 

Vic green

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

None of them will if properly configured. It's all in the setup.

Exactly. Configure exclusions for sim-related processes and folders.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

In my experience, many anti-virus products are in fact more of a nuisance than having a virus.
For years, I have relied on the inbuilt Microsoft anti-virus software and so far, it has never let me down.
As mentioned above, even that does need to be configured not to waste time checking flight simulator files.
The fact is that the vast majority of virus and malware infestations are invited onto the PC by the user,
who either clicks on links in emails that they should not touch with a barge pole, or visits sites that no one
should consider visiting and/or then clicks on links there.

I don't use anti-virus. Instead of using anti-virus software, I disabled Windows Security and instead use software that makes my large system drive (2 TB NVMe drive which has msfs, p3d, dcs and a plex media server) read only. I also subscribe to a VPN service.

Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I use Avast, and also Malwarebytes Premium (w/yearly subscription).   No real conflicts with flight sims, but will they will sometimes flag other "suspicious" sites..