Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Those blurries are killing me.

Guest cbuchner1

Can you try the fsx.cfg file that I am attaching as text attachment to this posting? All you need to change back is the screen resolution and size to match your graphics card and maybe adjust some of the graphics settings to your liking.With this fsx.cfg file my flight sim loads several hundred tiles per second during flight (as measured by the Tileproxy application). I know that only when the sim loads a lot of terrain tiles per second it actually has a chance to keep up with the aircraft graphically.There are a few fsx.cfg files out there which result in terrible terrain loading performance. But I don't yet know which statement in these files triggers this behavior.Christian

Guest CDAhmedEH

WOW ! Your cfg helped my blurries alot. At 240kts, I can see the textures loading in front on me. Much much much better than the texture taking ages to load up. Maybe we can find the statement you are talking about and increase it even more... !EDIT : I did some more research and here is what I discovery. The texture get blurry and then load up. Blurry and then load up. When suddenly, FSX suddenly gives up and doesn't refresh anymore. It seems to be the more I increase the Detail Radius, the later it 'gives up'. Hmm.. maybe there is some bug...

Guest cbuchner1

Okay, this "pumping" between bluriness and crisp textures appears to becaused by FSX periodically spending a lot of time updating terrain near the horizon. While it is dealing with the terrain in the distance (which may have just moved into the visual range), it doesn't have any time to update the terrain around the aircraft.If I had designed the FSX, I would have implemented two concurrent texture jobs. One that updates the stuff close to the aircraft permanently and another thread dealing with new terrain that has moved into the visual range. Right now it seems the sim is doing these jobs one after the other, causing a temporary loss of fidelity near the aircraft while it is busy loading the new terrain.

Guest CDAhmedEH

For those who want to see the phenoemenon happening, Here is a flight in which you extract its contents into the My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files folder.(http://www.mediafire.com/?ebsjxzbhzx1) Just simply press up a couple of times until you reach 320 knots (its already in slew mode). Then you will see the ground textures clear in the beginning. Then getting blurry and attempting to clear itself. And finaly it will give up. I think the problem is that FSX is overloading itself with attempts to refresh scenery. Maybe some developer can shed some light on this problem. For those who don't see any blurry textures even after 5 mins of flight. PLEASE tell us your specs, cfg tweaks, other tweaks and settings.Thanks again EDIT : I did even more research. The blurries seem to happen much sooner in cities than in rural areas like Friday Harbor. In the rural areas they are pretty rare. However in detailed cities like Chicago, the blurries happen in about 30 seconds at 240 knots. There must some inefficiency in the texture system. In other Flight Simulators the textures switch instantly. While in FSX, it takes a long long time. Maybe FSX is having trouble calling the textures or its doing to many calls at the same time and is overloading itself. It obvious that isnt the computer that is the problem because even people with very powerful computers (Latest Core2Duo, 8800GTX, 4GB RAM) have blurries. The devs really need to wake up and see whats wrong with textures. Espically post sp1

>For those who don't see any blurry textures even after 5 mins>of flight. PLEASE tell us your specs, cfg tweaks, other tweaks>and settings.>No Sp-1, no tweaks, no autogen most of the time, and 2x low water settings.Prefer mountain areas, and use FSGenesis mesh.Usually prefer simulated aircraft in the 180 kias range, but have let the default Airbus and 747 romp for hundreds of miles on A/P.At this, point, I'm letting the sim stay as is, because the texture crispness under the aircraft and in the distance is still a lot better than my FS9.Athlon 3800+/2Gig/Geforce 7600GS 256MB/ 1600*1200*32 -- 21" CRT monitorL.Adamson

There seems to be a second process at work... Once FSX gets behind in updating the textures close to the aircraft, it takes a LOOOONG time for it to catch up. Even if you hit the pause button and the aircraft is no longer moving, it can take up to 20 seconds for the nearby tiles to un-blur and crisp up.20 seconds is an eternity in computer terms, so something has gotten really out of kilter... it is more than priority allocation... it also seems like some stacks overflowing and the cleanup routines taking forever to recover.

Bert

I would agree that well tuned disk drives are a good thing and will contribute to overall performance, especially stutters when a lot of texture data has to be loaded. This particular blurry issue, however, seems not to be disk access bound. The nearby blurries can occur and then resolve themselves without any noticeable disk activity, so I would be tempted to believe that this is a CPU/software issue, not a disk bottleneck.

Bert

I'm sorry Larry but he specifcaly asked those with no blurries to react. As we all know from your frequently posted screenshots you do have the occasional blurry.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I tried your config file, but it is actually worse than my standard config. Not only that, but your config has a 15 fps cap which is insufficient to hand fly the plane... sooo back to my standard config at 20 fps. {JOBSCHEDULER}AffinityMask=1 // Single core CPU *************{Display}BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20WideViewAspect=False{Main}FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.34 // TWEAK 2 ***********{TERRAIN}LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=60MESH_RESOLUTION=20TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=24AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4

Bert

Based on my experience to date, the cause of the problem is the 280 kts.. On my system at least the texture system can barely keep up at 120 kts.How to fix it is the $64,000 question to which no one has yet provided an answer.I would suggest turning off autogen and if you have an AGP video card, set the BIOS to 256MB AGP aperture.

Bert

>I'm sorry Larry but he specifcaly asked those with no>blurries to react. As we all know from your frequently posted>screenshots you do have the occasional blurry.I still say you're confused! :-lol My "so-called" blurries are just distant scenery fading into the distance. I've seen plenty of blurries, since they were common with FS9 on my old cpu, and even a bit with the new one.I have many real life pics, that as the scenery fades from precise crispness in the foreground, to less than focused in the distance; that you'd call them blurries too. :-hah Of course, someone else claims that's just camera focus. Of course my eyes see the same thing too; but someone else would just say I'm blind! :-lolI often take the freeway, which sits about 500' above the valley floor, where you can see 30 miles across the city. The objects/textures "always" fade to a much less focus in the distance.........with my 20/20 corrected glasses. When someone else said that distance objects should still be in focus, I thought whatever...edit -- 2nd pic FS9 on current cpuFSXhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174181.jpgFS9http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174183.jpg

Please don't try to change the subject. This isn't about FS-9 vs FS-X this is about running FS-X without blurries.Some people (in the past) already went to the trouble of pointing out the blurries in your FS-X screenshots so I won't repeat that. Maybe you should visit an optometrist so you can see for yourself what we all can see in your FS-X screenshots.You have the same problems everybody else has with FS-X its just your standards that are different. I have no problem with that you are happy with FS-X RTM but don't deny that your setup occasionally has the same problems that we experience. You're only mortal after all ;)I'm also puzzled by the fact that you stick with FS-X RTM. Not trying out SP1 or Tileproxy. What are you affraid off?

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

You can always uninstall SP1. It will most probably fix the blurries.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest RonB49

>For those who want to see the phenoemenon happening, Here is a flight in which you extract its contents into the My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files folder . . .WOW, what a demo. I didn't know I had a blurries problem until I tried your demo flight. I usually fly either low and slow (< 120 KIAS) or fly the Learjet up high and I'm only near the ground for a short (and very busy) time taking off anf landing.The demo flight did just what you said plus it stopped auto generation of trees (I have autogen building turned off). I slewed until the blurries got really bad and autogen had ceased, then tried pausing the sim and/or stopping the slew (Numpad 5). I could then watch the textures clear up section by section, from background to foreground, then watch the trees "pop" into view from closeup to distant. It seemed to happen faster if I paused rather than just stopping the slewing.My system is an AMD Sempron 3500 @ 2 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and an ATI X1300 Pro w/ 256 MB running Win XP SP2 and FSX SP1.R-