Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I thought you only flew the bus. 

I'm glad in a way Im working this weekend.  There will be an avalanche of Ryanairs at EGLL on vatsim 

The 800 means I can fly with Ryanair Virtual not done so since leaving P3D and they wont let you use the 700. So yer I will do a few flights with the 800.

But like before it will be 90% the bus. Belfast had been a great release for short flight to lots of UK airports with EZY. Virtual.

BAV has closed my account....^^

Also the 800 is only costing me £30

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

As the 800 costs twice as much as the 600 is it twice as good?

Well it has significantly more variants than the -600 included so you can argue yes it is justified to ask double for what's included.  

• Includes the 737-600 in passenger configuration.

• Includes the 737-800 in passenger configuration with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglet configurations.
  • Includes the Boeing Business jet in with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglets configurations.
  • Includes both the 737-800 BDSF & BCF freighter with main deck cargo door with blended winglets.
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Frankly after owning them all, the only one to have is the 800 hence why it will never be the cheap one. Unlike the 600 and 900. PMDG know only to well the 800 is "the" NG

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

40 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

When recording the purchase of the 800, my checkbook program pulled up my last PMDG purchase, which was the NGx in Nov, 2019. I decided to pull up all of them and do a little math.

11/30/2018 737-800 NG $89.99
11/7/2019 737-800 NGx $99.99
8/24/2022 737-800 MSFS $39.99

$229.97

I've spent $230 on PMDG 737s. It sounds like a lot, but if I break it out by time, it has been 3.74 years of flying at a cost of $5.13 per month. I think that's pretty reasonable since one 6 pack of my favorite beer (Harp) costs $9 and only lasts a few hours on a good day. 😁 

Of all my hobbies, flight simulation is a drop in the bucket compared to the others.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Frankly after owning them all, the only one to have is the 800 hence why it will never be the cheap one. Unlike the 600 and 900. PMDG know only to well the 800 is "the" NG

900 is better for me. More interesting as more of a dog. The 800 is the vanilla ice cream of airliners 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Personally, I think the 600 is like the “dwarf” version of the 737, it just looks weird.

Haha... Beauty is lying in the eye of the beholder. Me think -800 and -900 look like straight from the rack in the dungeon. 😄

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

Agree. 600 looks more powerful than the others 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

900 is better for me. More interesting as more of a dog. The 800 is the vanilla ice cream of airliners 

Yes it is but PMDG know only to well, like Ryanair only fly the 800, its the most used NG hence why it is the "vanilla" one but its by far the most used one and Virtual airlines I use wont even let you  fly anything but whats used IRL. If people want cheap then the 600 and 900 are perfect. Anyone should known the 800 was always going to be the most costly. Its $79 after "sale"

If not matching IRL ops is not important then dont buy the 800. Save money.👍

What looks best is a down to taste, the 900 looks pulled out far to long and wrong, the 600 is a joke....😛 pocket rocket...

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

I posted a message on the PMDG forum ( a long time supporter of them, and purchased earlier 737-800/700/600 and 777)  just saying that I was annoyed at the pricing structure for the 737-800 considering I had already bought the -700. If it was $35 I would have been more than happy to spend the money. It was a cordial message, and nothing mean or malicious. Now the post has quietly been deleted by someone.

That speaks volumes.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The 800 means I can fly with Ryanair Virtual not done so since leaving P3D and they wont let you use the 700. So yer I will do a few flights with the 800.

But like before it will be 90% the bus. Belfast had been a great release for sort flight to lots of UK airports with EZY. Virtual.

BAV has closed my account....^^

Also the 800 is only costing me £30

You can't fly the 700 or the 800 with BAV.  There were about 4 flights in South Africa with Comair but they are no longer part of BA (maybe went out of business) so these aircraft have been permanently removed from the schedule.  BAV is mostly an Airbus simulation these days for any short haul.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Since the question has not been answered yet:

Does the -800 at least support secondary flight plans (so has it the latest FMC update) or is the option implemented to use the modern communication panel (with the numpad)? They had promised to add this in FSX days...

Does anyone know if aerosoft will bring out boxed versions again?

3 minutes ago, MarkW said:

You can't fly the 700 or the 800 with BAV.  There were about 4 flights in South Africa with Comair but they are no longer part of BA (maybe went out of business) so these aircraft have been permanently removed from the schedule.  BAV is mostly an Airbus simulation these days for any short haul.

Was not talking about the NG with BAV mark. I want to email them to get my account re opened but there are no email links to anyone on there site I could see. https://www.bavirtual.co.uk/

Edited by Nyxx

3 minutes ago, loiphin said:

I posted a message on the PMDG forum ( a long time supporter of them, and purchased earlier 737-800/700/600 and 777)  just saying that I was annoyed at the pricing structure for the 737-800 considering I had already bought the -700. If it was $35 I would have been more than happy to spend the money. It was a cordial message, and nothing mean or malicious. Now the post has quietly been deleted by someone.

That speaks volumes.

In fairness to PMDG they announced the pricing structure and reasons behind it (Marketplace limitations for product family pricing) well in advance.  I don't really like it either but I can't say they pulled a fast one, we all had the option of waiting for the 800 if that is all we wanted.  I have the 700 and still undecided on the 800 but will probably get it at some point as I do like the look of the aircraft and want to simulate real world flights that use this model.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

5 minutes ago, loiphin said:

That speaks volumes.

Hi mate - I tend to agree with you.  I'm annoyed with the pricing as well.  I've purchased the 800, albeit reluctantly.  

Not great they've deleted your forum message either.

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr