Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Sad Day

Thank you all for the kind words and condolences.  They are much appreciated.

As I said in my original post it was not unexpected.  After not hearing from him for so long we knew something had happened to him.  I had anticipated his solo activities in the wilderness might have been why it took so long to find him.

But as the detective I talked to said, given the absence of soft tissue in the remans and having been out there for at least 8 seasons the cause of his death may never be known.  He might have fallen or had a heart attack or a stroke.

It is a comfort to know he died while doing something he loved.  I'll remember him as a six-year-old carrying his sleeping bag strapped to his back on one of our family back-packing trips along a trail into one of the wilderness areas in the Colorado Rockies.  We exposed all four of our children to that experience and it took on two of them...the two youngest.

Our youngest daughter is going to take care of the details once the positive identification of the remains is made and they are released along with his property.

Thanks again for the kind words.  Much appreciated.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

@birdguy  and @Chock --  very sorry for both of your losses.  I hope you both can find peace.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Not the news any one want to receive, rough. Sorry for you and all involved.

Reminds me of a movie I can't remember the name of where this well to do lawyer kid gives it all up to live with nature alone in the Alaska wilderness. Good movie btw.

Edited by VeryBumpy
spelling

My condolences Noel. The loss of a child is something that should never happen. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My sincerest condolences, Noel.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I am so sorry to hear this, I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. May his memory be a blessing.

Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Very sorry to hear this, and you have my condolences. Having lost my mum just last week, I'm presently only too aware how you must be feeling right about now, but if you keep your loved ones in your heart, they do stay with you.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Having lost both my parents years ago, I know how difficult this must be. May her memory be a blessing.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Noel,

I am so very sorry to hear of this. I know that closure is helpful, but it never takes away the pain. You and your family will be in my prayers that you will find comfort in these difficult times.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

9 hours ago, Chock said:

Very sorry to hear this, and you have my condolences. Having lost my mum just last week, I'm presently only too aware how you must be feeling right about now, but if you keep your loved ones in your heart, they do stay with you.

Alan,  I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your mum. I know how difficult that can be. I lost mine a few years ago and still miss her much every single day. You will be in my prayers that you will find comfort and peace in these hard days. The days will get better, just be patient...

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

My sincerest condolences Noel.

Edited by steve310002

So very sorry to hear this news, Noel.  I am somewhat relieved by the fact that you were prepared for news of this kind, and I can only say that "memories" of your son will keep him alive in your mind.  Those memories are precious and I'm sure they will comfort you in the upcoming days.

Alan, I am sorry to hear of your mum's passing.  I, too, lost my mom on July 20, a little over a month ago.  She did enjoy 101 years, and I am celebrating, rather than grieving her loss.  Again, my many memories of her help me accept her passing, as I'm sure your memories of your mum will do the same for you.

Stan

Edited by spilok

What a terrible event.
I hope that family, friends and your community give you both the strength needed to go through such a difficult time.
I also hope, that time will help you and that it will not be too long, when you can start to rejoice in the memory of Eric's life.

Keep strong

Roberto 

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada