Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Scandinavian "Spinnaker" issues remain

Hi,

I have still issues with the SAS subsidiary Spinnaker with the code SZS- very often is not the SAS AT76 ircraft model from AIG selected but some other livery. I was of the opinion that this was fixed earlier? If I would understand what "Insert image from URL" ment I would have provided photos..

Åke

1 hour ago, Akki said:

Hi,

I have still issues with the SAS subsidiary Spinnaker with the code SZS- very often is not the SAS AT76 ircraft model from AIG selected but some other livery. I was of the opinion that this was fixed earlier? If I would understand what "Insert image from URL" ment I would have provided photos..

Åke

Hi Ake,

That was fixed indeed.

It also depends on the real time data coming from RT, if that is not right you may see a different livery.

Please come up with an example, set log live matching on, and show me the piece of the Log.txt. There is no need to show pictures..

Nico

BTW show image from URL means that you place the picture somewhere reachableon the internet and provide the URL.

Edited by kiek

I do not understand this. If you are using my regcode-file, all 6 ATR's of SAS are assigned to the correct SAS-livery.

In real life, the ATR's are operated by Xfly, with the ICAO-code SZS. 

Could it be that this problem is only with the static parked aircraft? There remains a problem with PSXT sometimes override the converted ICAO-code with data from AirlineTypeConversions.txt. An interesting thing here, is that if an airline lease an aircraft and flying it with their ICAO-code, then this often show up in AirlineTypeConversions.txt from PSXT database. 

Example:
Iberia A321 is now substituded with code FIN, making a lot of Iberia A321 show up at Helsinki as static parked aircraft. This is of course not very realistic, even if Finnair lease one airframe from Iberia that happens to be the exact one with a livery and atc_id=* in our simulator aircraft.cfg.

3 hours ago, vhaaland said:

if an airline lease an aircraft and flying it with their ICAO-code, then this often show up in AirlineTypeConversions.txt from PSXT database. 

Only if the database entry misses the opf field, which is probably the case.

In your example, it should read IBE, A321 opf="FIN"  Whether it is leased  by FIN and flown by a FIN crew or an IBE crew does the job for FIN does not matter.

You can change this yourself in the dbase.xml file. Please give me a copy of your changes.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

In your example, it should read IBE, A321 opf="FIN" 

I will check it out.

BTW, I see the model matching 2 or 3 value has impact on this, correct?

Edited by vhaaland

1 hour ago, vhaaland said:

I will check it out.

BTW, I see the model matching 2 or 3 value has impact on this, correct?

Yes, but only after a match on registration code has failed.