Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

FSX SP1 Stutters - Am I screwed?

Hi, I have tried all the suggestions for getting rid of FSX SP1 stutters with no luck:1) Latest nvidia drivers2) Latest directX3) deleted FSX.cfg and let FSX make a new one4) Tried FSX tweaksI put ALL of the sliders to the left with no AA. And I still get stutters (half second freezes) no matter what. My system is a:AMD Dual Core 2.42 Ghz2 GB RamNvidia 7800 256mbFlight sim is running on a RAID 0 10k RPM HDD, defraged by name with OOAntivirus is offWhat gives? My systems works fine with FS2004 with almost all settings maxed out, I average 25FPS! I am at the end of my rope...Jim

Guest Irishman

Disable anti-virus and maybe even Windows Defender.

I am at the end of my rope too, but I still keep swinging :-lolThe Z tweaked 158.19 drivers off Guru 3D have given me a major reduction in stutter and an FPS boost to boot, but it is early days for me with this driver. Of course, the 1xx.xx drivers aren't supposed to work with the 7x00 series cards, but there ya go.Something to try at least while we swing on our ropes :-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I've never seen much mention of it, but something that causes stutters are the ATC announcements. Something about that type of soundfile is a problem. It did it in FS9 and it's doing it again in FSX. You watch when you are taxiing out and you start hearing ATC and AI talking to each other, especially at busier airports, little pauses creep into the game. I've tried sometimes shutting off AI and having no ATC. Things are then a little smoother in the stutters dept.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest av84fun

OMG!!! Due to time constraints, I have been completely out of simming since before FSX was released. I just stopped by for a quick look at what was happening and this is the first thread I saw!!!My heart goes out to all who are having trouble and I am equally happy for those who are not.Best to all.Regards,Jim

>I've never seen much mention of it, but something that causes>stutters are the ATC announcements. That's one possible cause of stutters. Everytime a new sound is being loaded into memory, you'll see a stutter.Same happens when you set anti-virus software to check every file when it opens (or get's written to or when a new file is created). Anti-virus should be set to only check incoming mail and downloads, nothing else.Another cause can be loading of scenery. But witt all sliders to the left, this will not be the problem.Do you have HD access when you see a stutter? If yes, then writing to or reading from the HD can cause the problem.Do you have much unnessecary tasks/services running in the background? Shut them down.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

AA and AF doesn't work for me with FS9 and the 158.19 driver. Back to the drawing board - again :-(Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Redvan

>>I've never seen much mention of it, but something that>causes>>stutters are the ATC announcements. >>That's one possible cause of stutters. Everytime a new sound>is being loaded into memory, you'll see a stutter.>Same happens when you set anti-virus software to check every>file when it opens (or get's written to or when a new file is>created). Anti-virus should be set to only check incoming mail>and downloads, nothing else.>Another cause can be loading of scenery. But witt all sliders>to the left, this will not be the problem.>Do you have HD access when you see a stutter? If yes, then>writing to or reading from the HD can cause the problem.>Do you have much unnessecary tasks/services running in the>background? Shut them down. I'm going to have to try that! I have NOD32 and it checks all opened files... Never knew that could be a cause of the stutters I've been getting!

>Hi, >>I have tried all the suggestions for getting rid of FSX SP1>stutters with no luck:>>1) Latest nvidia drivers>2) Latest directX>3) deleted FSX.cfg and let FSX make a new one>4) Tried FSX tweaks>>I put ALL of the sliders to the left with no AA. And I still>get stutters (half second freezes) no matter what. My system>is a:>>AMD Dual Core 2.42 Ghz>2 GB Ram>Nvidia 7800 256mb>Flight sim is running on a RAID 0 10k RPM HDD, defraged by>name with OO>Antivirus is off>>What gives? My systems works fine with FS2004 with almost all>settings maxed out, I average 25FPS! >>I am at the end of my rope...>>JimWhen you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on.Dewey