Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Flight Plan Question

Guest TonyPiech

I'm new to FSX and the Microsoft FS series; I'd like to create a flight plan taking me from Orlando FL (KMCO) to London (EGLL) with a lay-over for refueling in Halifax NF (Canada). I'll be flying the LearJet. Can I do this in one flight plan or do I have to setup two flight plans, one from Orlando to Halifax and then another from Halifax to London?

If you use the ATC function, you need to do two plans. If you don't, you can get away with just the one.scott s..

Guest TonyPiech

Scott, if I use the ATC, but fly VFR, I should be able to set-up a flight plan taking me by Halifax, landing there, refueling, and then taking-off for London?

Guest asb3pe

I believe there are add-on payware packages that can perform much more robust flight planning.But there is definitely no way to set up multiple destinations in the default FSX flight plan routine.It's been one of my pet peeves for years too. In fact, I wanted to set up a 5 airport loop around my home state to fly occasionally and was hopeful FSX would be able to do it. It cannot. The flight planning is exactly the same as it was in previous versions.

Another excellent payware package is FSBuild www.fsbuild.com by Ernie Alston. Great support, not too expensive and simple to use... exports to FSX, FS9 and all addon aircraft as well as creating a flightplan for FS. Cheers

\Robert Hamlich/

>Scott, if I use the ATC, but fly VFR, I should be able to>set-up a flight plan taking me by Halifax, landing there,>refueling, and then taking-off for London?If you file VFR you should be OK with the "stopover" at Halifax, and then continue on.scott s..

Guest PPSFA

There is a way to do it in FSX. Select VFR in the Flight Planner and it will give you a course line from your departure to destination. Then 'grab' the course line and 'drag' it to any midpoint(s) you want, it will show as a waypoint. You can add as many as you want and the GPS will give you info to each. Check your fuel though, that trip sounds ambitious :-)

Guest PPSFA

I just checked, you can drag the line using any option, IFR, VFR, etc