Sign in to follow this  
orchestra_nl

King Air steam gauge overhaul preview online

Just noticed Justflight has put a preview online of their next overhaul after the Caravan: the King Air.

It looks great sofar. An almost study level Kingair is greatly appreciated!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Hopefully they'll release it soon! It looks fantastic!

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Yes this looks awesome.  When the narrator tells you why he's doing something and if you do it wrong something could break, you know it's an in depth addon.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh man that KNS-80 RNAV looks like it could be fun! Can’t wait!

Eddie
KABQ

It's almost €34 according to this page but considering what's changed it seems a complete systems overhaul. Price is pretty steep for an aircraft mod but the  KNS-80 might make it worth it. The GTN 750 is also available for those who want more modern avionics.

• Crew/Passenger oxygen system that depletes according to pressure altitude, passenger occupancy and the biological demand of each passenger based on weight

If they have treated the other systems with the same attention to detail than we could be in for a treat.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The Caravan was great and I can't wait for this and do Royal Flying Doctor Service runs into remote bush strips.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Oh wow, this could be fun! I’ve pretty much never flown the King Air in MSFS after trying it out once. Loving the analog Caravan! 

Oh wait, but can the doors be opened??

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I hardly ever touched the Caravan in FS before, with the Overhaul it has become one of my favourites. Looks like the same is about to happen with the King Air.

And kudos to the devs for including integrated checklists. Looking forward to buy this!

• Upvote 2

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

Are these upgrades supposed to use the base MFS aircraft, like for instance REP does for base aircraft and other addons in XP11 ?

Or are these standalone / full aircraft ?

EDIT: Ok, just read the posts above and became aware that the Caravan upgrade is actually available already !

Wow, I am looking fwd into the Kingair one too !!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Are these upgrades supposed to use the base MFS aircraft

You've already answered your own question. But what I'm thinking is that it really makes sense to do this. I mean, the exterior models are already very good. It's sort of the opposite of what Cpt Sim did with one of their releases, isn't it? 

I watched that Flight1 video of the King Air, and the systems depth seems very well done. I'm definitely buying this one! 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Just want to add that I keep discovering things about the Caravan that impresses me. Like the extensive failures modelling, the different choices in terms of avionics, the way you actually have to handle the plane within the parameters or you might get into trouble. I think they've done it in a really clever way. Just the other day I discovered that they've "hidden" the failures menu in a part of the weather radar (the menu options itself are very comprehensive). And I had to resort to the manual to figure this out, as I had overstressed the engine on an earlier flight, leading to a persistent warning on the annunciator panel. Yes they've also implemented state saving. 

https://youtu.be/8_4ugN5ZriA

So I expect the King Air to be of the same quality with the same attention to detail. Hence the purchase will to me be a no-brainer. It'll be fun to learn how to fly it - can't wait 🙂 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

Impressive and will certainly get me that plane.

What I don't understand though is why they didn't model a complete B200 with that analog cockpit instead of using asobo's B350. 

Roland   

1 hour ago, roland said:

What I don't understand though is why they didn't model a complete B200 with that analog cockpit instead of using asobo's B350. 

Roland   

They might just not be interested in modelling complete aircraft or they don't have the resources for developing an exterior, sounds and flightmodel from scratch.

Flightsim rig:

Regarding the Caravan, do you owners of this "updated" version notice any fine tuning with the flight dynamics as well ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

After watching a video about this King Air, I remembered the happy times of FS9 and Aeroworx King Air. It was then very detailed and fun. That was the first time I learned what a "Hot Start" is that can damage the engine.

Here now I see a very detailed implementation of this interesting aircraft. This is a Must Have.

• Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020