Sign in to follow this  
kkbelos

New SU10 beta now available (build 1.27.17.0)

10 minutes ago, Mroberts95 said:

Normally my PC only takes about 5-7mins, So this was not normal.

I am also seeing a much longer time than usual to recompile the PMDG aircraft.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Wow, that recompile took me 15+ minutes for the PMDG 737. That's almost double what it normally took for recompile.  On the second start selecting the PMDG 737 it back to normal startup, FLY to READY TO FLY was 34 sec. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Started the sim four times.  Still no upgrade..Still 1.26.5.0  Also tried Microsoftsoft Store.  No upgrade.

Will keep trying.

Roy

Sorry.  I missed the word "beta" update.  I thought it was SU10

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren

23 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Started the sim four times.  Still no upgrade..Still 1.26.5.0  Also tried Microsoftsoft Store.  No upgrade.

Will keep trying.

Roy

Try Rebooting your computer. This is sometimes necessary to force the Microsoft Store to update.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Every single update by MSFS or PMDG, the plane will loading from 10 to even 20 minutes. This is nothing new. You have to go then make a coffee and wait patiently.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

PMDG 737 -800 at CYVR FimStudio. Gate 13 heavy. Ultra Preset. LOD 200

DX12 : 42fps

DX11 : 54 fps

Panning the camera is on par with DX11 now. by yeah. DX11 is much better now. 

• Like 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

He, after a crash I tried to restart MSFS and I got the dreaded "app can´t open" error. I am running through all the troubleshooting and when I finish checking the disks for errors, the last remaining option is to reinstall. And I read that even that did not work for some people (apparently, the error is linked to a corruption of the windows account credentials).

So it was not a good update for me. It´s a pity, because the previous one was running great. 

EDIT: In case someone gets here with the same issue... the solution was not to reinstall. You need to go to the Xbox app and check for updates there. Then, MSFS gets updated (Again) via the Xbox app and it finally launches. No clue why Microsoft has created such a cumbersome and complex system

Edited by kkbelos
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I doubt it. I think they would have mentioned NVidia and DX 12 if that were the case. They are probably still working with NVidia on the DirectX 12 issues and this probably isn’t it.

I think you're exactly right. My DX11 is working fantastically now. But DX12, after today's update, is still lacking compared to the initial SU10 beta release, when DX12 was faster and smoother than DX11.

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Initial impression after flying the analog Caravan over the Canadian West coast for about an hour or so: 

• no huge negative surprises so far
  • performance in DX11 still good; smooth when panning, few stutters
  • HDR still requires the window "fix" to activate
  • haven't tried DX12

EDIT: no negative surprises, looking quite good in fact

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I can confirm that the VR windows are fixed in relation to position and size, happy bunny time 😀

• Like 6

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I installed SU10 yesterday and I am very glad I did. This is going to be one of the best updates MSFS has seen when its officially released in my opinion. Performance degradation is gone for me, performance in general is significantly improved and the sim just feels overall much more stable, eventhough this is a beta.

For those still on the fence, I would highly recommend upgrading to SU10 beta, its just awesome and I was far too impaitent to wait for mid September for it to officailly release.

• Like 9

It does seem very smooth. I'm thinking it might be a bit more fluid than the latest build, but these things can be hard to judged unless compared side-by-side. I've barely had any noticeable stutters so far while panning around. Really trying to stress test it with Reshade, AIG, a GA traffic mod, FSRealistic, map enhancement mod, all settings ultra in 4K with terrain LOD at 400, lol. Still somewhere over the Canadian wilderness*. So far the benchmark results are good with a 1% low of 40fps. 

*To be honest I'm lost, lol. Flying without GPS and there's no navaids within range.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

hitting 75-80fps while flying over the rockies in the 738. Pretty good patch for me

xzR72nx.jpg

qhEZp4Y.jpg

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 4

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The votes are open. 

"Please rate the degree to which you agree or disagree with the following statement - PC performance is better compared to the current Live version:"

[1.27.17.0] SU10 BETA Survey - Performance (PC) - Sim Update 10 BETA / Sim Update 10 Surveys - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I'd say probably yeah, but not convinced yet. Need to test at some major hubs and photogrammetry locations first. Once I find Bella Coola 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett