Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

PMDG 737 800 (not)

I guess the OP is using Avsim as their single means for gauging PMDG's success...  Maybe go look at the number of repaints on .to  They may as well call it 800.to  

You do also realize there is a "real world" piece to this equation right...  It's the last week of summer.  

But hopefully starting an additional thread because the 12 pages of PMDG -800 discussion wasn't appropriate for your -800 discussion made you feel better.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Great, just what we need: Another thread were people pointlessly whine about the pricing model. 

As if the other one isn't littered with that already.

26 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

while people are complaining about price...

23 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

yep  don't  know  why users  keep posting  about  pricing, not  like  they  forcing  you to purchase  the  addons

Complaints, yes. But importantly, this is feedback.

If RSR has good business acumen, he will realise that there are a significant minority of people who would consider buying his firm's products if there were a bundle pack or more competitive pricing per model and move their pricing strategy once this initial release phase is over.

It's not like developers haven't previously reduced the prices of their offerings following concerted commentary on the price of an add-on.

https://fselite.net/content/just-flight-updates-bae-146-for-msfs-pricing/

Kudos to JustFlight for listening. I imagine I'm almost certain that the $15 lower price helped to sell more products and achieve greater overall revenue, than if they had stuck with the original $79.99 price tag.

16 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

The PMDG 737-700 and Fenix A320 came out at a time when there was a dearth of high fidelity birds (during May 2022 which was the big inflection point for the sim with their arrivals)... so naturally much more forum activity then vs now for a new variant of the 737 after two variants already released.  I suspect future big inflection points and buzz will be around the MSFS 40th anniv edition release with support for helis & gliders, the iniBuilds A310.. and then another when the PMDG 777 lands, MSFS seasons, significant new world updates, etc. Probably might be even more forum activity when the PMDG EFB free update arrives compared to the -800 release :)

^^This.
Far more excitement will be generated by new forms of aircraft - spinning wing things and the no engine things.
The arrival of two freeware long-haul Airbus aircraft in the form of the A310 and A380 will also be notable, since it will be every simmer's favourite price of free.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's an unfinished product without an EFB IMO. I don't need another short hauler I'll use my credit on the 777. The pricing was always a cash grab.

Watching the streams it's exactly the same plane I flown in P3D and I honestly never really flew it as I was flying the A333 mostly.

Looking forward to the A310 and A380.

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

2 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

no one is talking about it because they are all in the sim flying and enjoying it.

Those are some short hops then!

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I surely hope someone starts a thread to discuss reasons to buy/not buy the PMDG 737-800, as there has been hardly any discussion in that area.

Actually we get it...there are those that won't buy it for reasons...and NOBODY CARES. There are those that will buy it because they want to and they can. There, can we be done with it now?

One more reminder - if you don't buy it...WE DON'T CARE. If you do buy it, WE DON'T CARE.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Personally, I think if PMDG continue to bring such wonderful aircraft as the DC-6 and the 737 to MSFS, then long may they profit from it.

• Like 6

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

19 minutes ago, somiller said:

I surely hope someone starts a thread to discuss reasons to buy/not buy the PMDG 737-800, as there has been hardly any discussion in that area.

Actually we get it...there are those that won't buy it for reasons...and NOBODY CARES. There are those that will buy it because they want to and they can. There, can we be done with it now?

One more reminder - if you don't buy it...WE DON'T CARE. If you do buy it, WE DON'T CARE.

well said  needs  to be  pinned  to the top 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, somiller said:

if you don't buy it...WE DON'T CARE. If you do buy it, WE DON'T CARE.

Who is we? the users and fanclub or the folks over at PMDG trying to sell a product.? If its the latter than there is a serious problem that needs to be an attitude adjustment, maybe the disciples needs and adjustment of attitude to a prophet mindset also. Non believers are not feeling it at this moment. They got $35 out of me in MSFS after about $200 in FSX, Im good untill a 77 or 74 drops. Maybe if more people took a stance in price model things would maybe change.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm still waiting for their "early adopter access" phase to end before I purchase any of the 737s 😅. See if they will fulfill their stated goals/promises.

• Like 1

This price strategie is only to make fast money with 20 years old stuff that is just optimised for the sims that coming and goeing..

That's just rude but we all have a choice, to buy or not..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They are taking their posts to the appropriate forums which is the PMDG forums. Fenix don't have forums they have a discord that is ridiculous sometimes and the fact I can't visit their discord is because I refuse to give my Cell phone #, that's why more people post here about Fenix my guess.

Gosh, get a prepaid card. Problem solved. Some people create problems where there are none. 

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

This price strategie is only to make fast money with 20 years old stuff that is just optimised for the sims that coming and goeing..

If you are correct, then PMDG and other developers must simply feed their FS9 models into an online converter, press a tab and then sit on their hands for two years, before releasing the "optimised" product.

The other possible truth could be that each simulator requires sometimes years of work to create a new working model that replicates everything that needs to be replicated under the new simulator.

I wonder if you are being misled by the fact that the 737 still "only" looks and behaves like a 737.
Or if your post was just meant to be a joke.

• Like 1

Bought the -700

No reason for the -800 for me it's enough 737-wise.... Bring a 787, 777, 757, 748i or 744 and I might buy it 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The 700 does the job for me. I really don't care if some route actually has an 800 variant on it, and I certainly don't care enough to drop another 70 quid on it. If it was maybe thirty quid for another variant I might consider it, but even that's just a maybe.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here