Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

PMDG 737 800 (not)

1 hour ago, TrafficPilot said:

GA all the way. There is very little skill involved in pushing buttons.

LOL, and takeoff and landing a GA takes "skill" ?

Landing a GA at what feels like walking speed is so boring and unskillfull its unreal. The only thing I can think of thats skillfull in a GA is old school VOC nav and learning all that. But GPS.....is now in the world.

But i think your just baiting people. Nice one!

Having time in a 152 IRL, I truly think its harder in the Sim than IRL as you "feel" the plane IRL you dont in a sim nore do you have all the vision you do IRL. IMO landing a GA is 2/10 difficulity landing a NG, 320, 777, 747 is around 6-7/10. DCS Landing an F-18 on a deck is 8/10 doing the CATIII with a F-18 on a deck is 9/10.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

was going to make a new post but saw this and thought it'd be appropriate. I was assuming that as an existing owner of the 737-700 that there would be a steep discount for the 737-800, as it's 95% the same thing. Same textures, same cockpit, etc. Am I crazy to think it's nuts to shell out $75 to purchase basically the same plane, with just a few more rows of seats?

I see the 737-600 is half the price at $35, which makes sense. 

Agree 100%. I want the 800 too, but the principle of it is bothering me. I’m all ready at the P3d bundle price if I buy the 800 since I already got the 700. I’m sorry, but I think it’s a bit greedy. Since I didn’t buy the NGXu until after the promo period ended, I didn’t get the “loyalty” credit, even thought I’ve bought almost every plane they’ve made since FSX. It actually annoys me when people call that $100 a “loyalty discount.” I bought the exact same things, just not quickly enough. Oh well.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, TrafficPilot said:

Well, I guess that some of the 7 (!) subscribers to your YT channel might agree - the rest of us don’t 😉

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

12 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Agree 100%. I want the 800 too, but the principle of it is bothering me. I’m all ready at the P3d bundle price if I buy the 800 since I already got the 700. I’m sorry, but I think it’s a bit greedy. Since I didn’t buy the NGXu until after the promo period ended, I didn’t get the “loyalty” credit, even thought I’ve bought almost every plane they’ve made since FSX. It actually annoys me when people call that $100 a “loyalty discount.” I bought the exact same things, just not quickly enough. Oh well.

Cheers, Pete

The offer was only up for a month I think and I also think your right, it should have been for all NGXu customers. Also like you have pointed out the history of PMDG pricing is really bad. When people where saying how cheap the 700 was on release etc, I bet Robert was siting there laughing his head of....." you just wait and see".........

FSX PMDG 737 777 747

P3D PMDG 737 777 747

P3Dv5 PMDG 737 777 747

MSFS PMDG 737.......

I left out the 2 props and the 11 as there a diffrent story. talk about milking it.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, Iadbound said:

I have seen this point made repeatedly about the PMDG pricing, and I just don’t understand where this assumption about a discount came from. PMDG made it clear that the pricing was by variant and that they would not have discounts tied to buying a second, third, or fourth variant. To be sure, a multiple-variant discount would be nice, but it wasn’t part of the plan. 

They made it clear, but I think many of us don’t like this pricing strategy, myself included. I’m sure most of us here can afford these items, but out of principle we don’t pull the trigger.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

I just read this morning that another company ( I think I fly)   is going to come out with a 737 MX that they are also developing for P3D. I wonder how many 737 owners will add the Max to their hangar? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, odourboy said:

Well I'm not talking about it because I haven't bought it. I bought the 700, but that's it for me. I'm not playing that pricing game. But I'll post and give your thread a bump! 😁

Same. The 700 will do for me. I'm not paying RSR another bunch of money to fly a slightly different variant of the same bloody thing 😛

EDIT: Not slamming those who did buy it, just saying... it's not for me. I find PMDG's (and especially RSR's) attitude to be smugly superior which, in P3D days, was somewhat justified because their products were objectively the best. Now, they're competing with devs who release genuinely amazing products.

Edited by aktorsyl
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

2 hours ago, TrafficPilot said:

Guess piano music isn't for you then. 😉

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just read this morning that another company ( I think I fly)   is going to come out with a 737 MX that they are also developing for P3D. I wonder how many 737 owners will add the Max to their hangar? 

I would definitely pull the trigger on any iFly product. Those guys are top notch, and I’ve received a discount, I’m pretty sure, on every new iteration of a plane they’ve come out with. I’d welcome a MAX from those guys.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Guess piano music isn't for you then. 😉

I think for some of us who fly GA IRL, we get bored flying GA in the sim. I fly mainly Piper Warriors IRL, and I did buy Just Flight’s Warrior for that reason. I like it a lot, but I basically use it to fly around cities or look at the new airports I buy, since I can fly slowly above and look around. Flying the big birds is what gets my juices flowing. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I think for some of us who fly GA IRL, we get bored flying GA in the sim

Not just a question of bored. MSFS does a rather poor job in replicating or even coming close to the way a real plane flies. Unlike tubeliners where the twitchy nature and the problematic controls of the sim  can be partially ignored for being a "procedural" sim where dynamics may matter less for an everyday flight. 

Edited by ha5mvo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ha5mvo said:

Not just a question of bored. MSFS does a rather poor job in replicating or even coming close to the way a real plane flies. Unlike tubeliners where the twitchy nature and the problematic controls of the sim  can be partially ignored for being a "procedural" sim where dynamics may matter less for an everyday flight. 

Yeah I agree. The seat of your pants feel of real flying can’t be replicated, which to me is everything. 

Cheers, Pete 

3 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

OH No, not again......🤪

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Yeah I agree. The seat of your pants feel of real flying can’t be replicated, which to me is everything. 

Cheers, Pete 

One can always buy a full motion platform. The one that CAE uses for it's Airline Sims costs a few million dollars. 

• Like 1

T

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB