Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

GENERAL AVIATION TRAFFIC MSFS

1 minute ago, Beagle12 said:

I am confused 🙁 Does not "offline" indicate that your connection to MSFS is lost, due to server interupption etc.

Who wants to play offline if you did not have to ?? Offline scenery is pretty bland.

You use the "offline traffic" slider to control the amount of GA traffic. It's a way to get GA traffic when using e.g. AIG to inject commercial flights. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

I am confused 🙁 Does not "offline" indicate that your connection to MSFS is lost, due to server interupption etc.

Who wants to play offline if you did not have to ?? Offline scenery is pretty bland.

You are indeed confused😁  what is meant is that just the AI traffic should be offline. Other online stuff like weather or streaming scenery will still be available

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

Pass.

There's another one that looks more interesting to me, here:

https://secure.simmarket.com/simflea-offline-ga-traffic-msfs.phtml

Not sure about it, but would like to know if someone has tried it already.

I think that's the one that was free on flightsim.to called Simple GA Traffic and then the author removed the file.

That and the original free one on flightsim.to not being available anymore was the reason I made, so that I would have one to use alongside AIG. It's available at https://flightsim.to/file/38966/ga-stock-aircraft-traffic and is nothing special. It uses the stock MSFS GA aircraft from the base game.

James

9 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

With AI, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it means that you are not using "live" traffic but schedules that are built into a file (.bgl or ,AIGFP). For me, I don't care as I don't have all the real world schedules memorized. I see what looks like appropriate airplanes (Lot in Warsaw, Lufthansa in Hamburg, etc.) and that works for me.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

9 hours ago, Phantoms said:

I think that's the one that was free on flightsim.to called Simple GA Traffic and then the author removed the file.

That and the original free one on flightsim.to not being available anymore was the reason I made, so that I would have one to use alongside AIG. It's available at https://flightsim.to/file/38966/ga-stock-aircraft-traffic and is nothing special. It uses the stock MSFS GA aircraft from the base game.

Yes, I think you're right, that version was removed and put for sale at SimMarket.

I downloaded your mod yesterday after reading the useful post from @ricka47 and will try it today. Thanks a lot for that.

I have a question though: it'd be possible to include the editing of the original (or default) sim traffic file (layout.json or the *.bgl names) in your mod to avoid changing any base files of the sim?. I never like to change any of the sim base files to avoid trouble.

Thanks so much again!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

@edpatinoUnfortunately, I'm unable to accomplish that. If you don't do one or the other, msfs will still use the base traffic file (including the commercial flights) along with the GA traffic file from the mod.

If someone else has a better way, they are free to modify and change any or all of my mod for their own.

Even if someone just wants to mess with the stock MSFS traffic file, it's not hard (it only took me a couple hours to make the mod). Just use AIFP to decompile the traffic file, make the changes you want and then recompile it.

• Like 1

James

Quoting here from the Aerosoft support forum for Simple Traffic...

In AI Offline mode, the presence of offline GA AI traffic is governed by the internal stock traffic BGL file instead, which is located in the Official fs-base-ai-traffic package. The stock traffic file generates GA AI traffic at most GA airports globally

Q. If GA traffic is provided by the stock BGL and you have just removed the commercial traffic, what is the difference to using your BGL? Have you added more GA flights into it?

Thanks for doing the work and sharing this, much appreciated..

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

On 8/27/2022 at 6:58 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

You use the "offline traffic" slider to control the amount of GA traffic. It's a way to get GA traffic when using e.g. AIG to inject commercial flights. 

If combining this with FSLTL, how would you prevent the MSFS offline commercial traffic from appearing?

32 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

If combining this with FSLTL, how would you prevent the MSFS offline commercial traffic from appearing?

Good question. With Phantoms freeware mod there's the need to edit the layout.json file in the Official folder. With Simflea's payware option there's no need to do this IIRC. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

You can also just rename and replace the stock traffic file with Phantom's custom version, very easy.. it comes with instructions

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Good question. With Phantoms freeware mod there's the need to edit the layout.json file in the Official folder. With Simflea's payware option there's no need to do this IIRC. 

Ok, I've been testing this quite extensively for the past hour or so (sometimes I feel like I test stuff in this sim as much as I fly, lol).  I believe if one wants to use GA traffic with FSLTL right now, the best solution is to combine Simfea's GA payware option with FSLTL's GA traffic disabled.  Here's why:

• You are correct, using Simflea's option, one doesn't need to edit the layout.json file.  
  • When I insert Simflea's GA traffic, I notice planes spawn at various altitudes, and they don't seem beholden to the general offline traffic quirk of spawning within a certain altitude of the user. Using my drone camera, I can go out to their locations and see and hear them.
  • Conversely, when spawning FSLTL's GA traffic, the tool says they are being injected, my Pilot2atc map shows they are injected, but for the life of me, I can't see or hear them when searching with the drone.  By all accounts they're being injected, but not necessarily "appearing" in the sim--at least, not that I've seen so far.  

Perhaps this will change as FSLTL finishes more of their work with GA.  Also, I didn't test the combination of FSLTL and Phantom's freeware mod, so I'm not sure how that combo compares.  But I like what I'm seeing with the FSLTL and Simflea's GA traffic at the moment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

Ok, I've been testing this quite extensively for the past hour or so (sometimes I feel like I test stuff in this sim as much as I fly, lol).

Great, thanks for your feedback. At the moment there's at least several options to get very decent GA with FSLTL.