Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

EDDS (Stuttgart) - ILS25 - Approach

Your chart is over 2 yrs out of date. OOPS, guess it's not outdated - just opened in Navigraph Charts and get same date.

Will give it a try today in PMDG B738 and report back.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

33 minutes ago, somiller said:

Your chart is over 2 yrs out of date. OOPS, guess it's not outdated - just opened in Navigraph Charts and get same date.

The date only changes if/when something changes for the procedure. These days this usually only happens when the airport layout changes (additional runways etc.).

15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

The date only changes if/when something changes for the procedure. These days this usually only happens when the airport layout changes (additional runways etc.).

No, it happens way more frequently.

Change to:

missed approaches, mag var, station call sign/communication  (Stockholm control was renamed to "approach" last year. Every chart for Stockholm region needed an update to reflect that), airspace changes (example change in Restricted area),  OCA(H), approach fixes 

List is long 🙂

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just flew the approach into EDDS, intercepted GS approaching UNSER, and tracked to ;landing perfectly.

Hi Bob, thanks for trying and reporting.

EDDS is the recently updated "vanilla EDDS" from Asobo.

DId you fly completely managed from LBU direct to approach ILS25?spacer.png

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

1 hour ago, Paladin2005 said:

Hi Bob, thanks for trying and reporting.

EDDS is the recently updated "vanilla EDDS" from Asobo.

DId you fly completely managed from LBU direct to approach ILS25?spacer.png

Yes,except the last 500 feet when I disengaged the auotpilot. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

DId you fly completely managed from LBU direct to approach ILS25?

Hi

which app is this please?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

14 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Hi

which app is this please?

It's the Navigraph map client.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes,except the last 500 feet when I disengaged the auotpilot. 

At what point/time did you engage the APP mode?

I still have the feeling my fault lies in the timing of things.

Regards, Jan Ast

Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

One more time.
Are all your assists disabled.
If not these miss approaches do happen.

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Yes, sorry, did forget to answer your question. Everything assisted is off.

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

flyingpauls, i see the solution on the right screen: Your flightpath is different than the one i had in my Airbus. It was going from LBU direct to UNSER, without the wide curve. The aircraft then turns short before UNSER to the ILS (and is within seconds over the G/S). Then it just holds the altitude.

In other words, im coming from roughly 000 degrees and turn to the runway at UNSER. thats a too hard angle. I realized it now.

Thanks for that video!! 💕

Now i need to find, why my waypoints are not the same as i see it in your Airbus.

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

I simply selected ILS25 via LBU. It inserted those two waypoints. This is with the current AIRAC by Navigraph. If you get a bad approach planning, consider to vector yourself instead.

By the way, there was a problem with my approach too. The chart clearly state +5000 for the first waypoint I have to check again, what's going on here. 

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Here's my attempt in the PMDG B738. ILS25 LBU transition. The approach specifies 4000A at LBU and the leg to UNSER 4000. GS intercept at FI25 2410'. Just prior to TOD I usually set alt. to FAF alt. or whatever the chart specifies for GS intercept alt. - in this case 2410. The FMC will manage the descent, including alt. restrictions and speeds to arrive at FAF alt. on speed but It's up to you to configure flaps and landing gear and set final approach speed usually prior to FAF.

The PMDG flew the approach perfectly to flare and autoland...with one major exception - the GS is WELL low at the threshold compared to the PAPI as you can see from the pic on short-final. I flew it several times and all looks good while still 2-3 miles out. It appears the GS is positioned incorrectly and if flown exactly on profile to touchdown one would land a bit short of the runway. I'm using up-to-date Navigraph data in the sim and the PMDG FMS, so I don't know if it's a problem with ASOBO's airport, or the Navigraph data.

spacer.png

Here we are 0.4 FI25, exactly on profile including speed. Gear down, landing flaps set - it took all my willpower to NOT disable the AP/AT and hand fly it. Was a bit bumpy on the way down and the automation was close to getting behind the curve, but I let it go and it did a great job getting it on the runway centerline, but a scary bit short (as can be seen in the last pic).

spacer.png

Here you can see autoland is almost a ball high of profile and getting higher (but look at the PAPI - we're WAY low) yet we'll be lucky to not drag the gear into the LOC antennae. The mains managed to TD on the runway (just), and the nose started to come down before rolling over the aim bars. Had this been TNCM the folks at the fence would have been able to slap the main gear wheels.

spacer.png

I don't know what happened to this pic - there was no appreciable cross-wind, yet it looks like the panel is aligned 20 Deg. to the right. I must've looked to the left (using TrackIR). The aircraft was actually pointed straight down the centerline.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Very interesting, thank you somiller.

I also found a difference to my approach: My target alt in the autopilot was 4000 ft @ Unser. You have set directly to 2400 ft, so the aircraft descents further at UNSER.

Regards, Jan Ast