Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Texture corruption bug with Geforce 7 series in FSX

Ok guys still waiting meanwhile I did some testing for myself...Tested with new drivers 160.03 and 162.15...Both don't work in full screen and AA s mode thats why I reverted back to the 94.24After downloading NHANCER instead of rivatuner and back to the 94.24 WHQL I don't have the issue anymore *:-* *:-*So the only difference is NHANCER instead of rivatuner.Going to do some more testing myself...Cheers,Andr

André

I played with nhancer and it caused my FSX to crash.I just installed the Guru of 3D 160.xx driver last night. I did a day flight though, so I couldn't test the nighttime coastline shader issue. Yet. But I will!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest aafuss

No problems with textures using my 7600GS

Guys,I managed to get a contact at Nvidia and I've submitted a full report on everything I'm aware of that are issues with their cards and FS... hopefully we'll see some action in the next driver release.The new 162.15 that came out today has fixes for a ton of games including LOMAC, so it's probably just that they weren't aware of the issues. They are now for sure...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest aafuss

Hi Phil,I never get any texture corruption bug with a Geforce 7600GS card.

Great job Ryan, thanks for setting them straight. Hopefully they'll act on those issues sooner rather than later.:-ukliam

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>No problems with textures using my 7600GSHave you looked at coastal water textures at night?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Also make sure you have the date set to "summer" when testing.On my system, at least, that is when the problem started.

Bert

Guest D17S

Troubleshoot: FSX Texture Corruption/Stutters.Had a little bit different problem, but at least something finally fixed something! Here's the way it went.Initial Conditions: A fresh FSX (RTM) install will default the "Anti-alias" control check-box to 'unchecked.' A fresh Nvidia 6XXX and 7XXX Vista 32 driver install will default the AA andf AF settings to "Application control." With a fresh, untouched FSX/RTM install and an equally fresh and untouched Nvidia 6XXX (then later, 7XXX) driver install, I got severe texture corruption on entering any flight. The game is running. Choppy audio plays as the corrupted textures try to load. Aggressive ALT/TAB-ing between the desktop and the game will occasionally force the flight to clean-up and load, but often the task manager's 'end task' function is necessary to kill the FSX process. Checking FSX's AA checkbox provides no change in the symptom's personality. Fix: 1) Setting the Nvidia control panel to AA-4X and AF-8X allows normal texture loading and game play in FSX. The game functions normally. And here's a nice bonus: 2) Once Nvidia AA/AF is set to some manual value, checking the "Anti-alias" box in FSX doubles the in-game frame rates.This is entirely repeatable with both 6600GT and 7600GT hardware and Vista/32 158.24 drivers. Unless Nvidia control panel is set away from its default "Application Control" setting to some manual AA and AF setting, FSX experiences terminal texture corruption (on my box). With Nvidia CP's AA and AF set to a manual value, the game runs normally. Checking the FSX AA check box then doubles frame rates. Checking FSX AA checkbox WiTHOut Nvidia set to some manual AA/AF value does not help. Now load SP11) Fresh SP1 without FSX's AA checked and with Nvidia control panel AA/AF set to "Application Control": Terminal texture corruption when entering any flight. 2) Setting Nvidia to some manual AA/AF setting allows flight to load normally, but severe STUTTERS occur. Frame rate counter says 17-20 FPS. Actual frame rate ~2-3 FPS. Game is unplayable. 3) Checking FSX AA check-box -entirely- eliminates stutters and increases overall frame rates. On the road again.So try this: Set Nvidia control panel to any manual AA and AF setting. Try 4X and 8X first. That's what worked for me. Then, make sure FSX setting screen's "AA" check box is checked. It's worth a try, anyway.

>Guys,>>I managed to get a contact at Nvidia and I've submitted a full>report on everything I'm aware of that are issues with their>cards and FS... hopefully we'll see some action in the next>driver release.>>The new 162.15 that came out today has fixes for a ton of>games including LOMAC, so it's probably just that they weren't>aware of the issues. They are now for sure...Glad you did hope that all little bits will help to solve it ;-)Andr

André

Has there been any news on this issue?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>I have this problem with Summer Textures, not with Spring>Textures.>>7600GT, 92.24. drivers.Try the 93.71 driver release.

Be careful what you wish for. Nvidia has released new drivers to deal with problems in varous programs including FSX for xp (162.18). Installed them and got a real surprise. I use Nhancer to set my game profiles instead of nvidias control panel (read more about this on simviations FSX forum) When I tried to set AF to 16x Nhancer popped up with "option has been explicitly diabled by Nvidia for this application" When I set using control panel AF is able to be set although Nvidia will override user settings with their own custom settings (and you will not know it even if control panel says you can use that particlar setting), which is why I use Nhancer instead. So it appears that your words have been heard and Nvidia's response is "fine, complain and no outside game AF for you" lol. I use a 32 in lcd tv with 1360x768 resolution and high AA and AF settings are mandatory to make up for lack of resolution on my monitor. Makes me wnt to buy ATI. Not happy. Will