Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Help with RC 4

Hello, I have just installed RC4 and I wanted to do my first flight. Upon loading of a Simbrief created .pln plan I get the following error.

pic

RC4.png

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Edited by Samaritano

You need a DLL not available with Windows 10. Download the attached and place it in Windows\SysWOW64 and then register it using the instructions in this pinned topic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59h16v3ebh4hgv0/msstdfmt.zip?dl=0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Great. Thank you Ray. I am just learning how to use this software. As for the getting text display I could not find ADVDISP/ShowText and I don't have install. I don't know what are my options.

I have been using Pro-ATCx for a couple of years now. I do own PF3 as well but it is a frustrating software to use as far as setting up a flight and waiting for the controller to give instructions.

Now I want to start using RC4. Let se how it goes.

You can download ShowText from here.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

It’s best on a separate monitor. If you have a second PC you can run RC4 and ShowText on that with WideFS installed.

As with all ATC programs there’s a learning curve but do some of the tutorials and you’ll soon be up to speed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did my first flight and it was uneventful. Really like the voices and also the fact that I was assigned different squawk codes along the flight (first time in an ATC software for me).

Didn’t expect to see a working Simconnect text window. Don’t know if I am going to need ShowText but I’ll try it. 

I wished the PNF would take care of changing frequencies it was a workout for me 😁

Thank you again Ray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samaritano said:

I wished the PNF would take care of changing frequencies it was a workout for me 😁

You can assign those duties to Otto, your co-pilot. CTRL+SHIFT+K from memory. I give him the comms after I’ve been cleared for takeoff.  The Keyboard option will show you the available settings.

Well done for working everything out. 👍

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Spelling corrected

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I give him the commas

Ruddy predictive text. I suppose you wrote, "command".😀

I usually hand over before taxi.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 minute ago, IanHarrison said:

Ruddy predictive text. I suppose you wrote, "command".😀

I usually hand over before taxi.

Thanks, corrected. I like to get some use out of my GoFlight GF166 units. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather