Sign in to follow this  
Verticalsim

Help me a choose another U.S. destination

One I haven't seen come up yet is KCVG. No love for Ohio/Kentucky?

1. KPHL

2. KDTW

3. KOAK

4.  KAUS

5. KHOU

6. KGEG

7. KONT

8. KDSM

9. KSTL

10. KTUS

11. KELP

12. KOKC

13. KICT

14. KSLC

15. KMSO

16. KCMH

17.  KPIT

18. KLIT

Man I'm starting to realize how far we still have to go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, supernova48 said:

KGEG, KONT, KDSM

Others: KSMF, KOAK, KFSD (Sioux Falls, SD), KICT, KCOS, KBZN (don't know if Orbx was going to do this one for MSFS).

In Canada, Regina and Saskatoon.

Would also like to see KSLC and KMCI, but understand they both have major construction right now and it might be a year or so before the dust settles.

I'll also put in a vote for KCOS -- both a civilian and military (Peterson AFB) facility by the Rocky Mountains.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Those are handcrafted airports "I know their not the best" but how many would be willing to shell out for 3rd party version of those airports? that's ORBX territory.

I’d pass on those airports personally

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

On 8/30/2022 at 11:00 AM, Verticalsim said:

Hello everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me decide on a new airport to do! Preferably small-medium in size (U.S./American airports only). 

Since you mention small airports, I' ll make a suggestion for O28, Willits-Ells Municipal.  It is situates atop a nice hill (small mountain) overlooking the picturesque town and valley of Willits in Mendocino county,  northern California.  Takeoffs and landings can be breathtaking but it desperately needs the assistance of a scenery guru to create an exclusion zone to remove the redwood trees blocking both ends of the runway, which is cleared in real life.

It also serves as an active heli base these days.  I have a bit of a personal interest since this is where I first started taking flying lessons in an old Cessna 152 when I was in high school.  I also ran the 9.8 miles up a steep grade from the high school in the valley up to the airport gate and back as part of the cross country team.  My calves still ache just thinking about that run but it was always worth it to get to the top and see what planes were visiting.  Its a great little airport.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2g3KH6JzSLGesmU97

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I'll put a vote for KALB! Its the capital of new york after all! with lots of great airports close by

Juan Ramos

6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That dev is worse than most freeware.

Perhaps you are right. I'm curious why you think he is worse. Did you have a bad experience with him?  Maybe because English is not his main language?  I had a problem with KOAK but he very quickly replied, and all is well now. In any case, his KOAK was the only one available as of a few weeks ago. 

His contact info: Fernando Angel Gonzalez <ferangel2000@hotmail.com>

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

How about KSBN, a reasonably small, 9 gate airport located in South Bend, In.  Home of the Fighting Irish!  There is also a small freight hub  there for Fed Ex.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

3 hours ago, spinoza said:

Perhaps you are right. I'm curious why you think he is worse. Did you have a bad experience with him?  Maybe because English is not his main language?  I had a problem with KOAK but he very quickly replied, and all is well now. In any case, his KOAK was the only one available as of a few weeks ago. 

His contact info: Fernando Angel Gonzalez <ferangel2000@hotmail.com>

No, I meant: His sceneries are worse than most freeware. Certainly not a level of quality that should prevent VerticalSim from doing that airport again, that is.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:00 PM, Jeff Nielsen said:

Yup, we're right in the middle of the new terminal project.  It's almost done, but might pose issues for development.   I could probably get access for anyone though.

I think KGEG from the list and KONT would be really good niche airports.  KDSM also.

Off the list I would love to see KTUS, KSMF, and any of the Montana airports.  I know KABQ was just done, but a good re-do of that airport would for sure still get many sales.   Same for KBOI that you did.  Much better than the one released by other other devs.   I bought yours even though I had the other one.

Any one of the other ones that people posted about would be good also.  There's plenty of good ones do do still.

Thank you for the comments Jeff. Glad you're enjoying KBOI. Was quite fun to develop. :) 

I think you're absolutely right, GEG & ONT would be quite nice to get done. DSM would pair perfect with both BOI & OMA. I've been looking at a possibility of KBZN. Think it would be pretty neat. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, aniiran said:

One I haven't seen come up yet is KCVG. No love for Ohio/Kentucky?

1. KPHL

2. KDTW

3. KOAK

4.  KAUS

5. KHOU

6. KGEG

7. KONT

8. KDSM

9. KSTL

10. KTUS

11. KELP

12. KOKC

13. KICT

14. KSLC

15. KMSO

16. KCMH

17.  KPIT

18. KLIT

Man I'm starting to realize how far we still have to go.

it always seems like DTW is one of the last airports to be done. I know it is a bigger airport, but it sure would be nice to see it get some love considering it is a Delta hub.

SDF would be nice as well.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, Verticalsim said:

I've been looking at a possibility of KBZN. Think it would be pretty neat. 

Bozeman has some beautiful approaches, I loved flying in there with the ORBX version in P3D.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No, I meant: His sceneries are worse than most freeware. Certainly not a level of quality that should prevent VerticalSim from doing that airport again, that is.

Yes.  Better sceneries is always possible. One thing to note though. His KOAK is a lot better than the default. 🙂

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.