Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

Development update for Majestic Dash 8

In a few weeks we should expect a development update for the dash 8

Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/890/majestic-softwares-plans-for-microsofts-upcoming-flight-simulator-2020

Edited by Cyrex1984
  • Like 3

Good for MSFS if they bring the Dash 8 to MSFS. Unless Majestic has commercial customers on P3D, I don’t think they will make much money developing new products for P3D. If Majestic is depending on the home PC market for extra income, the money in the home PC market is in MSFS right now.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

That is one aircraft that I had in P3D. that I would purchase again. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Very interesting... Their Q400 is my favorite plane of all time. Would love to see a proper (MSFS quality!) Q400 in MSFS! Unfortunately I don't expect anything real soon... After reading the posts and knowing their lack of speed I think it may be years before we really see anything. 

• Like 4

I’m hopeful we see it soon. But wish sometimes they would team up with another developer to get it to market faster. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

oh baby!  In my top 3 favourite addon's ever........I reckon it will be worth the wait.  Bit of a shock for those airbus taxi drivers though 🙂 Lots of buttons to fiddle with definitely keep you working hard.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

oh baby!  In my top 3 favourite addon's ever........I reckon it will be worth the wait.  Bit of a shock for those airbus taxi drivers though 🙂 Lots of buttons to fiddle with definitely keep you working hard.

That was the only aircraft that I ever bought the training videos for. They made it much easier to learn. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Bit of a shock for those airbus taxi drivers though 🙂 Lots of buttons to fiddle with definitely keep you working hard.

It's about the same amount of buttons. Maybe there is one or two more key sequences needed on the Universal because the system actively works against you but let's not pretend you need a degree in astrophysics ok? :rolleyes:

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

The ATR etc doesnt really do it for me, the DASH 8 really has something about it that I love.

There was nothing like standing at the fence at Sydney airport near runway 25 on a windy day and the small -200/-300's battling the wind almost looking like they are about to stall. I say "was nothing like" because I had time back then to plane watch as a youth... still plenty of dash 8s flying around YSSY. The Q400 is a nice looking plane IMO, however I remember reading somewhere that the pilots hate landing it. 

20 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

It's about the same amount of buttons. Maybe there is one or two more key sequences needed on the Universal because the system actively works against you but let's not pretend you need a degree in astrophysics ok? :rolleyes:

Lighten up matey, who mentioned astrophysics?  Not me.

Thomas Derbyshire

57 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

The q400 is way more challenging than most newer airliners. Probably the most challenging thing about it isn’t actually the systems. But the fact it will bite you very quickly if you give it an inch. The airbus especially will not do that. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

38 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The q400 is way more challenging than most newer airliners. Probably the most challenging thing about it isn’t actually the systems. But the fact it will bite you very quickly if you give it an inch. The airbus especially will not do that. 

Yup, compare the jets vs the Q400s in these two vids:

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

How does it compare to the Maddog as far as a challenge? Did not own the MQ-400 FSX version.

Edited by jbdbow1970

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

How does it compare to the Maddog as far as a challenge? Did not own the MQ-400 FSX version.

Quite a bit of a challenge.
No autothrottle, 'clunky' FMC, has condition levers to manage and need to keep power on until touchdown. Plus, as you may have seen in real world videos I linked above, can be a bit of a handful in windy weather compared to A320s and 737s.

Nevertheless, a great turboprop airliner whose cruise speed and service ceiling is more like that of a jet. Lots of fun quirks, like slowing during taxi and landing by setting the props in their 'beta' range as much as using the brakes.
Incredibly well modelled by Majestic and designed to give fantastic performance in an older sim despite being a very complex piece of software.

Look forward to this coming to MSFS.

• Like 8

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Love the Q400...it would be great to fly these in and out of the excellent FSimStudios YTZ scenery.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU