Sign in to follow this  
MrBlueSky

AIG/AILRP No aircraft lights when taxiing

Love the product, a real game changer, but I am unable to see any AI aircraft lights at night when taxiing other than the tail light.

All AI aircraft lighting works as it should (strobes, wing, nav and takeoff) when entering the runway, in the air and on the landing runway. As soon as the AI enter a taxiway they all turn off.

I have read on here that strobes and landing lights are activated by atc take off and taxi clearance and that works.

AILRP config profile is set to Full HD but it doesn't make any difference which I use. All of my AI are recognised in the dB scan and all seems correct with the setup.

I am using Wideview64 and Widetraffic to sync external views across 2 identical pc's but that shouldn't affect anything I woukd have thought.

Any ideas please?

Edited by MrBlueSky

Confirm things work via the preview module, if they do.. all effects are installed and working correctly.

You can tweak there the effect sizes, etc. this is the first step before checking anything else.

S.

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Confirm things work via the preview module, if they do.. all effects are installed and working correctly.

You can tweak there the effect sizes, etc. this is the first step before checking anything else.

S.

Thanks for the reply. Yes all lights show as they should in preview mode irrespective of where the aircraft is positioned (in air, on runway or taxiway) and work perfectly as configured whilst in the air and on the runway in normal mode. Its just on taxiways that all lights go out and only the logo light shows

Edited by MrBlueSky

2 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes all lights show as they should in preview mode irrespective of where the aircraft is positioned (in air, on runway or taxiway) and work perfectly as configured whilst in the air and on the runway in normal mode. Its just on taxiways that all lights go out and only the logo light shows

Ok, this is odd what version of  P3D? nav lights should be on while taxing.. unless AIGM is doing somthing strange,..

I'm using latest P3Dv5.3. I read on here that I need to remove or change any AIG effect files or entries in the AIG addon.xml, is that correct?

Edited by MrBlueSky

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, this is odd what version of  P3D? nav lights should be on while taxing.. unless AIGM is doing somthing strange,..

I'm using latest P3Dv5.3. I read on here that I need to remove or change any AIG effect files or entries in the AIG addon.xml, is that correct?

13 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

if you using AIGM and you installed AILRP after AIGM, you need to open AIGM so it detects AILRP and it does this change for you.. AIGM detects AI Lights Reborn and avoids the conflicts.

Howver if effects are showing perfect via the preview module, then the behavior you are experiencing is odd... regardless of AILRP being installed or not, nav lights and taxi lights should work on AI models while taxing, AILRP doesn't change this behavior.. it only injects effect files..

S.

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

if you using AIGM and you installed AILRP after AIGM, you need to open AIGM so it detects AILRP and it does this change for you.. AIGM detects AI Lights Reborn and avoids the conflicts.

Howver if effects are showing perfect via the preview module, then the behavior you are experiencing is odd... regardless of AILRP being installed or not, nav lights and taxi lights should work on AI models while taxing, AILRP doesn't change this behavior.. it only injects effect files..

S.

Hmm, yes it is strange. Are you able to confirm that the behaviour where landing and strobes turn off when not on runway is correct and what triggers it?

Should I remove AILRP and clear shaders to check if P3d is causing the taxiing behaviour?

3 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Hmm, yes it is strange. Are you able to confirm that the behaviour where landing and strobes turn off when not on runway is correct and what triggers it?

Should I remove AILRP and clear shaders to check if P3d is causing the taxiing behaviour?

P3D always instruct AI traffic to turn landing lights and strobes only when they are cleared for take off. they will turn them off after landing as soon as they are cleared to taxi to gate even if they remain in the runway.

You are more than welcome to disable AILRP and confirm the behavior, but as I said, AILRP doesn't change the behavior of when such lights come ON or OFF.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

P3D always instruct AI traffic to turn landing lights and strobes only when they are cleared for take off. they will turn them off after landing as soon as they are cleared to taxi to gate even if they remain in the runway.

You are more than welcome to disable AILRP and confirm the behavior, but as I said, AILRP doesn't change the behavior of when such lights come ON or OFF.

S.

Ok thanks, yes I understand. So can I confirm that when P3D instructs the landing lights and strobes to turn off say, the nav, taxi and beacon should remain on all the way to the gate? Just checking that I understand what should happen.

Sorry to be a pain but it's really important to my immersion requirements that I get this working.

Edited by MrBlueSky

Just now, MrBlueSky said:

Ok thanks, yes I understand. So can I confirm that when P3D instructs the landing lights and strobes to turn off say, the nav, taxi and beacon should remain on all the way to the gate?

Sorry to be a pain but it's really important to my immersion requirements that I get this working.

That is the default behavior for default AI Models indeed. And to confirm, AILRP doesn't change this behavior.. I only inject replacement effects.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

That is the default behavior for default AI Models indeed. And to confirm, AILRP doesn't change this behavior.. I only inject replacement effects.

S.

Appreciate that this isnt an AILRP issue but to gelp point me in thevright direction would you know if using AIGTC to inject traffic (with P3D slider set to 0%) might cause the problem. Or that I am using Wideview64 and Widetraffic to sync the AI may be an issue?.

1 minute ago, MrBlueSky said:

Appreciate that this isnt an AILRP issue but to gelp point me in thevright direction would you know if using AIGTC to inject traffic (with P3D slider set to 0%) might cause the problem. Or that I am using Wideview64 and Widetraffic to sync the AI may be an issue?.

it could be AIGTC indeed, ask Kaiii :)