Sign in to follow this  
Guest fruitfly

What kind of missions do ytou want to see in the Adrenaline add on

I originally posted this in the FSX missions forum, but not much traffic there, as the forthcoming Adrenalin pack will have new missions, perhaps its better to post this topic here where Phil and others from the aces team can see what we want?I remember Flight Unlimited II or was it III had some good ones, one mission in particular had a guy hijack the plane and had a bomb wired up that would go off if the speed and altitude went below or above a stated level, they obviously got the idea from the film called Speed, maybe hijacking would not be a great idea in todays climate though?I'd like to see more search and rescue ones, as well as cloak and dagger stuff like Tokyo Executive, perhaps a mission dealing with a bird strike and engine loss as well, what about you guys? what kind of missions would you like?

You mean documented real World emergency's? yes that would be great.

Guest jshyluk

I think that the greatest mission would be one where you are sitting in a passenger seat in a jetliner. You hear coughing and gurgling sounds from behind the cockpit firewall. Then, two loud, heavy, soft thumps. The stewardess (or steward, depending on your preference) come out of the front of the plane, a shocked, yet somehow fetching expression on his/her face, hair dishevelled in a most attractive way, and says:"The pilot and co-pilot have just succumbed to food poisoning!" (Big surprise considering some of the airline food I have sampled over recent years -- I am saying the part in the brackets to myself, but maybe the cabin crew feels the same way) Then, the phrase I have been preparing myself for, for months and months now: "Can anybody fly this plane?"Despite the fact that the cabin is filled with folks attending both the "Retired Airline Pilot's Association Convention", and the "Jetliner Pilot Instructor's Federation", as well as a couple of fighter pilot aces and a guy who flies a traffic helicopter for a living, it is my voice that says, "I have some experience with Microsoft Flight Simulator!" that somehow gets heard above all the rest. I am shepherded into the cockpit, ablaze with dials and data screens. The unconcious pilots are dumped off to one side (although they will live -- they'll have a bit of a nasty tummy ache for awhile, but that will soon pass) and I strap into my ride.I connect to ATC and inform them of the situation. They tell me that the airport is too full to land, and would I mind please flying underneath that bridge over there. "Am I cleared to fly under the bridge upside-down?" I ask. "Sure, why not?" ATC replies. Earth and sky exchange places as the jetliner shrieks towards zero AGL, plus a few feet for clearance. The passengers cheer with wild glee as I squeeze the airliner betwixt bridge and water...... wait a minute, maybe the Adrenaline Pack doesn't need this mission after all. It's the mission I fly half the time in FSX anyway: a game of "what gap will this aircraft fit through today?"Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

>>I connect to ATC and inform them of the situation. They tell>me that the airport is too full to land, and would I mind>please flying underneath that bridge over there. "Am I>cleared to fly under the bridge upside-down?" I ask. "Sure,>why not?" ATC replies. >heheh. You were doing so well up until this point! :)Personally, I like SAR (Search and Rescue) type missions...I think it is fun to navigate and try to find some object/location/person, etc.Also maybe a fictional air race through a canyon would be wild.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jshyluk

"heheh. You were doing so well up until this point!" ... that's usually how I feel when I decide I've had enough of Pilot In Command and decide to be the next great Waldo Pepper in a 737.With that in mind, I think it would be a blast to have a series of barn-storming missions with the old WWI airplanes. Another adrenaline-pumper is crop-duster -- not low & slow but really low and really fast for those guys. I was looking at crop-dusters when I did research for the BeaverX, which has a nice crop-duster variant. Those pilots are amazing, and the stories they have to tell, both with new technology and old are almost too crazy to believe. After 9/11, I don't think I want to deal with hi-jackers, either. I like humanitarian flights, like rescues, firefighting, etc. I also like commuter flights with emergencies thrown in, or flying film crew work. Sort of like the stunt action in the old Crimson Skies game without the goofy combat. Not that I dislike air combat games, but I prefer to keep the guns away from MSFS. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

I would like to see some scenic VFR flights and a "career" mode compared to FS Passengers or ATP Pilot.Pat

1) A realistic birdstrike that cracks and splatters the windscreen leaving you with almost no vision in front of the aircraft.Maybe a 2nd hit on one of the engines so you have a nice workload. For fun try it in a fully loaded prop twin on take off.2) A James Bond like catch the skydiver that falls out of another plane3) A Fulton surface-to-air recovery http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_surfac...recovery_system4) Lumber/heavy slung load helicopter operations5) Failing tail rotor / autorotation6) Failing ailerons (hydraulics) so you need to use differential power on the engines to steer.7) Lost behind Iron Curtain in the eigthies. You come out of a cloud. See 2 East German MiG's scream by and hear the radio come alive with calls to unidentified aircraft. You have 2 options: Follow the MiG's to their homebase or turn West and apply full power. When you choose the 'go west' option you get to meet the Nato scramble and can follow them to their base. Works best in a small business jet or a period military aircraft.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

"7) Lost behind Iron Curtain in the eigthies. You come out of a cloud. See 2 East German MiG's scream by and hear the radio come alive with calls to unidentified aircraft. You have 2 options: Follow the MiG's to their homebase or turn West and apply full power. When you choose the 'go west' option you get to meet the Nato scramble and can follow them to their base. Works best in a small business jet or a period military aircraft."That's an awesome idea! Or you could have a more modern version of that, something like "an A321 has a problem with its GPS and has accidentaly strayed 15 miles inside North Korean airspace and only learns of this when it flys out of a cloud and is met by 2 Migs telling you to divert to the nearest airfield (some obscure place that sounds like a trap). You have 2 options either do what they say or punch off the flight computers, slam the throttles to full and either dive down to 30 feet above the terrain or outmaneuver them with the almost aerobatic A321. The final challenge would be to land the A321 in a top secret South Korean cave/airbase.";) I also think it would be cool to have a military chopper come with the expansion pack (MH-60S Knighthawk, HH-92, US101, etc.)They could make a couple missions for it like flying deep into enemy territory to extract a seal team w/ hostages, all the while flying nap of the earth at 160kts. Another cool idea would be to have a mission where you start off in cold war era UH-1 Huey sitting on the deck of an old tramp steamer that was actually a converted mercenary ship. You would have to pick up a defector behind the Iron Curtain and then fly him and his family back out to sea and land on the deck of the ship in a gale.

> Sort of like>the stunt action in the old Crimson Skies game without the>goofy combat. Not that I dislike air combat games, but I>prefer to keep the guns away from MSFS. >Ah, CRIMSON SKIES! Flying some of those interesting aircraft in those types of stunt missions in FSX would be a blast. Has anyone ever ported over any of those fictional aircraft to FS?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have a few. Bob's top 10, as it were...10. "Desert Rats of Arrakis" Find a secret green Oasis in FSX' global desert Dunescape.9. "Don Juan of Electron" Seduce that big-chested electro-babe in the back of your FeelThere Embraer bizjet and join the virtual mile-high club.8. "Sliders" Fly a complex low-level route in FSX with all the sliders to the right without locking up or melting down your CPU.7. "Now you see me, now you don't" The pilot with the most occurrences of MS Flight Sim's CTD (it's actually a top-secret "cloaking device") in a 24-hour period wins. Note: OOM errors don't count...see #3.6. "Release Date Roulette" Fly the most number of miles possible in any actually available Airbus add-on before the AXP Airbus is actually released. Special bonus if Airbus designs and flies a new aircraft type or if you reach retirement age before the AXP release.5. "Mission Impossible" Find a way to fly an FSD model you bought and paid for to pick up the Virtual Tom Cruise on the back side of an important mission. Use any combination of negotiating skills, panel hacking abilities, or reengineering strategy to get off the ground. (Note--paying for the software a second time is cheating)4. "We know how to deal with traitors" Fly a case of cheap Vodka to the Captain Sim Customer Service Agent and prevent a whole new wave of stupid customer service gaffes. (As if there was ever a wave of customer service of any kind from those guys...)3. "dOOM Gauntlet" Fly a low-level mission in a high-threat scenario. Dodge a threatening array of missiles, fighter jets, and OOM errors. Double your points if you can do it in FSX.2. "Northwest Airlines Job Interview" Consume 6-10 drinks in a hour, then go fly KORD to KMSP in a severe winter storm. Now FSX won't be the only blurry thing seeing you're seeing on final approach.1. "Return to Sender" A heavy cargo mission flying containers full of unsold copies of FSX back to Seattle for delivery to Microsoft.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest RonB49

>I have a few. Bob's top 10, as it were...>>10. "Desert Rats of Arrakis" Find a secret green>. . .>1. "Return to Sender" A heavy cargo mission flying>containers full of unsold copies of FSX back to Seattle for>delivery to Microsoft.>>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>Well Bob, after I gained so much respect for you for your work with TinMouse, I must say that it has all evaporated because of your constant, and in this case, infantile bashing of FSX. It makes me sad. R-EDIT, cause I can't type. R-

And I'm sad that some folks apparently can't take a little light sarcastic satire without "losing respect" for someone. If it's so easily lost it wasn't worth having in the first place.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Right-on as always Bob. I love it. :-beerchug Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.