Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

Ten Hours of Flight in X-Plane 12

The weather/cloud behaviour seems odd and in some instances repetitive, other than that, XP 12 looks quite promising. 

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yup - something is still off with the cloud rendering. The same clouds seem to disappear and reappear at the same location periodically.

Think it looked rather nice tbh, especially at day time. However there still seemed to be some light popping at night. 

Looking forward to it. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just now, CarlosF said:

The weather/cloud behaviour seems odd and in some instances repetitive, other than that, XP 12 looks quite promising. 

Agree, the separate layers are very visible, and the clouds appear, disappear and reappear just like and where they were before they disappeared.

Just now, Beerz said:

it's Early Access, it will have many many issues/bugs at launch👍

The pop in of the night lighting has been there in earlier versions too. That's not a bug, that's how it is designed.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Well, the clouds fading in and out was very apparent and also a shame they didn't do something about the night lighting. It actually puzzles me, there was this mod for X-Plane 11 that extended it to the horizon with little performance impact. Surprised they weren't able to implement something like that natively. 

Other than that, lighting looks pleasant and vibrant, trees look nice and I'm ready to dive in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Well, the clouds fading in and out was very apparent and also a shame they didn't do something about the night lighting. It actually puzzles me, there was this mod for X-Plane 11 that extended it to the horizon with little performance impact. Surprised they weren't able to implement something like that natively. 

Other than that, lighting looks pleasant and vibrant, trees look nice and I'm ready to dive in. 

Hope the mod still works.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 hour ago, oldflyguy70 said:

You guys can tell "there's something off" with the clouds at 100+ times rendering?  

Exactly this!  Since this thread will be locked soon let me put in my honest opinion.  This is another Laminar Research marketing blunder to put out a video that will confuse people with cloud pop up that will not really be visible when played in normal speed/cockpit view. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

So is it out now? I can't seem to find a way to buy it? Why is the vid speeded up? I'm sorry but this video does not look good.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So is it out now? I can't seem to find a way to buy it? Why is the vid speeded up? I'm sorry but this video does not look good.

Not out yet. It is pre-alpha footage to test video equipment in LR Marketing dept. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Sims Smith said:

Not out yet. It is pre-alpha footage to test video equipment in LR Marketing dept. 

Oh I see.

It looks like the disappearing and reappearing of the clouds is the engine's attempt at simulating cloud deformation. It won't look as jarring in real time but going by the distances travelled by the plane, it will still be noticeable.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Why isn’t there a proper video of a full flight from the cockpit shown yet from one of the beta testers…not a good video that at all 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Regards

Paul EGCC