Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

Ten Hours of Flight in X-Plane 12

Yeah, it's funny how those videos made me more excited about the product than anything LR put out. They just have this uncanny knack for producing very unappealing and uninteresting marketing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Having good sim ATC would be a huge winner for me. Especially if it is integrated into the Ultimate Traffic addon as hoped. I believe it is the same guy working on it.

Other than that, the visuals still needing significant upgrades: clouds/cloud types, weather effects, lightning, smoother shadow lines, grass, variations in trees. These must be addressed.  XP12 is not ready for prime time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

XP12 is not ready for prime time.

Given the reaction to these leaked videos (and as demonstrated by my screenshots), your opinion seems to be in the minority. 🤷

In any case, XP has always been in continuous development, even after release.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Given the reaction to these leaked videos (and as demonstrated by my screenshots), your opinion seems to be in the minority. 🤷

If you only read "curated" places like here and the org, that perception may be correct.

• Like 4

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Also quite noticeable that the person recording the videos isn't probably ( so I hope ... ) a rw pilot or even someone with basic understanding of aircraft control under x-wind given the excessive use of aileron downwind during landing and takeoff, unless he's using the same axis for yaw and bank ( ??? )...

I'd say that overall the quality of the details I could glimpse so far impresses me quite positively.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeah guys I'm sorry but while this is a clear improvement on 11, I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking it's up there with MSFS visually. If the clouds in MSFS looked like that, @Noelwould probably want to kill himself lol. I will give it this tho, at least up close, XP 12's trees are a lot better.

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 minutes ago, Krakin said:

XP 12's trees are a lot better.

Killer puddles too 😂

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

50 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Yeah guys I'm sorry but while this is a clear improvement on 11, I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking it's up there with MSFS visually. If the clouds in MSFS looked like that, @Noelwould probably want to kill himself lol. I will give it this tho, at least up close, XP 12's trees are a lot better.

You do realize that it is actually possible to enjoy two or more simulators at once. You appear to experiencing a strong case of a false dichotomy logical fallacy on this one 😀

• Upvote 5

Of course there’s room for improvement but this is a massive improvement over Xplane 11 and it’s only an alpha.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

You do realize that it is actually possible to enjoy two or more simulators at once. You appear to experiencing a strong case of a false dichotomy logical fallacy on this one 😀

You seem to have a serious case of not knowing what you're talking about. I was responding to a specific comparison made above and I never said XP12 was not worth getting. Maybe tyry adressing what I actually said and not insinuating things I didn't.

29 minutes ago, Randall said:

Of course there’s room for improvement but this is a massive improvement over Xplane 11 and it’s only an alpha.

Already confirmed to be beta footage. Austin said the cloud issue would be logged as the first beta bug.

16 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You seem to have a serious case of not knowing what you're talking about.

No mate. You clearly don't.

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

This kind of looks like a Nuke blast with black smoke!  spacer.pngNot sure what this, maybe some kind of off-world cotton candy storm with really bad lighting again... 64bed0ae72519b68.png

Edited by strider1
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 minute ago, strider1 said:

This kind of looks like some Nuke blast with black smoke!  spacer.pngNot sure what this, maybe some kind of off-world cotton candy storm with really bad lighting again... 64bed0ae72519b68.png

Congratulations, you did the hard work of fishing up photos of clouds from many sim updates ago. Why the desperation? Why go to those lengths?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Congratulations, you did the hard work of fishing up photos of clouds from many sim updates ago. Why the desperation? Why go to those lengths?

I booted the current version thats installed on my hard drive. Still waiting for the next update.

FYI: I am on version 1.26.50, update 9. 

Pick your city and I will take a screenshot for you :cool:

Edited by strider1
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Do we know if the weather in XP12 is primarily fed by METAR, I.e. will it have priority over the weather forecast model and the sim will impose the observed conditions at the airports?