Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

3 hours ago, northtexas said:

Is it just me or are the AP Up/Down vertical speed buttons not working?

I would say.. you are correct..

Bert

Has anyone noticed the discrepancy between the airspeed indicator and the ground speed reading on the HSI?

The ASI appears to me to be reading low..

Edit: I got the ADF gauge to show Indicated Airspeed, and yes when the ASI shows 150, the correct indicated airspeed is actually 162, with ground speed at 164.  (at 1100 feet ASL)

Reported as a bug.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

35 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Meaning if a person had some knowledge they could create a cfg from scratch.  (Or from a previous addon).

could you perhaps specify what exactly I have to do with that old aircraft.cfg to supersede the aircraft.cfg that comes with the PC-12? what file names and file structure are required? is it enought to add the aircraft.cfg without anything else, and in a specific folder under the community?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

20 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Looks like a great plane. I am however not keen on the old skool panel and will wait for the NGX!

Hmmm.. I actually like the old panel better than all that glass.. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

The modern flight model still uses a lot of variables from the FSX days.  It was very hyped up but if you know you know haha.

Most of what you might want to adjust has actually moved to the flight model cfg file.

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Most of what you might want to adjust has actually moved to the flight model cfg file.

Right.... but I could probably pull some data from old .air files and cfgs.  We'll see.  There are far more competent people who can do this out there than I!

Although as I think on this it will all be in vain if Carenado doesn't fix the memory leak or whatever is causing the major fps loss after time.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Right.... but I could probably pull some data from old .air files and cfgs.  We'll see.  There are far more competent people who can do this out there than I!

Picking up on that thought... I tried substituting the flight model cfg file of the Kodiak, and sure enough, the PC12 flew like the Kodiak, default load and all.. so your theory is correct 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Picking up on that thought... I tried substituting the flight model cfg file of the Kodiak, and sure enough, the PC12 flew like the Kodiak, default load and all.. so your theory is correct 🙂

And I know a lot of people are laughing at us now (back modding carenado planes hehe) but for now it needs to be done.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Looks like a great plane. I am however not keen on the old skool panel and will wait for the NGX!

100% agree with you.

I will probably end up getting the SWS version(s), as much as I like the glass cockpit, that only stands if it is well done. Seems a shame that the PC12 and PC24 will be done by different studios - isn't it the same Avionics suite ??

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

27 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Seems a shame that the PC12 and PC24 will be done by different studios - isn't it the same Avionics suite ??

Yes, the PC-12NG, PC-12NGX and PC-24 all have the Honeywell Primus avionics suite! Some serious coding required!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

14 minutes ago, Doering said:

the PC-12NG, PC-12NGX and PC-24 all have the Honeywell Primus avionics suite! Some serious coding required!

perhaps that is the memory leak culprit. can that and the copilots instruments be turned off completely?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, Saffa_Jake812 said:

Am I the only one noticing a discrepancy with the airspeed indicator? Whilst in cruise LNM/Simconnect shows 216 Indicated Airspeed, but in the cockpit it shows ~200.

Also noticed via the PMS750 autopilot when I had it set to 160 IAS climb it was maintaining ~145 knots in the cockpit.

Agree, the ASI is roughly 93% of the actual value..  I measure 162 / 150

Bert

10 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

The modern flight model still uses a lot of variables from the FSX days.  It was very hyped up but if you know you know haha.

Shhh.  There's a "serious" discussion elsewhere on this forum about the new modern FM, complete with block quote after block quote from every development update and anyone associated with Asobo attempting to convince just how revolutionary it all is and will be.  

Regards, Kendall

10 minutes ago, irocx said:

Shhh.  There's a "serious" discussion elsewhere on this forum about the new modern FM, complete with block quote after block quote from every development update and anyone associated with Asobo attempting to convince just how revolutionary it all is and will be.  

It gives us something to look forward to 😄

Edited by NZ255