Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

6 hours ago, bigifooti said:

are you (again) debugging it for Carenado? 😋

Just sending the bugs I find to Carenado support, like everyone else.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

Have the PC-12 configured and flying. Doing some touch and goes, tweaking viewsaand buttons with my Alpha yoke and feeling my away around the office. As one reviewer mentioned, it does feel like there is a BUNCH more mass under you than the TMB. A good thing for my tastes.

Have the GTNXi installed. Nice that all my GoFlight and Pollypot software modules seem to function, especailly the MCP and radios. Nice!

Two questions:

Never mind..... RTFM. Took a bit to find the word not allowed thing hidden in my icon mess.

Thanks!

Edited by Radial9

Can the flap lift be modified somewhere so we can get realistic STOL effect when flaps are deployed?  This was easy to do back in the legacy FS9/FSX days.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yeah, I really like their plane but there are a few issues which Carenado stated they are working on.

FPS using the Avidyne, battery drain and a few others. They didn't believe me about the battery drain and were asking for video proof. Ha!

As for the PMS vs TDS, yeah I prefer the pms50. Having navigraph in the panel for everywhere in the world is pretty nice. TDS looks cool too though

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 9/14/2022 at 1:11 PM, Radial9 said:

Have the PC-12 configured and flying. Doing some touch and goes, tweaking viewsaand buttons with my Alpha yoke and feeling my away around the office. As one reviewer mentioned, it does feel like there is a BUNCH more mass under you than the TMB. A good thing for my tastes.

Have the GTNXi installed. Nice that all my GoFlight and Pollypot software modules seem to function, especailly the MCP and radios. Nice!

Two questions:

Never mind..... RTFM. Took a bit to find the word not allowed thing hidden in my icon mess.

Thanks!

Enjoy your world tour! Here is a 6 minute video on flight level change.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Thanks very much for your short in structural videos on the PC-12.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

FYI Vertical Speed

Altitude/vertical speed controller.

Left and right mouse buttons clicked on the knob at the same time changes the controller to vertical speed setting.

Not sure if this has been posted, sorry if it was.

1 hour ago, mcx1000 said:

FYI Vertical Speed

Altitude/vertical speed controller.

Left and right mouse buttons clicked on the knob at the same time changes the controller to vertical speed setting.

Not sure if this has been posted, sorry if it was.

Or just click click the middle of the small knob.  You may be on the new click operation though.  I use Legacy mouse operation.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 9/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, helberger said:

Thanks very much for your short in structural videos on the PC-12.

I agree with the above. i have found them most informative and helpful. 

Thank You.

John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

On 9/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, ryanbatc said:

Or just click click the middle of the small knob.  You may be on the new click operation though.  I use Legacy mouse operation.

The real world KAS 297C unit, has an inner knob that can be pulled out and pushed in.

This is part of the KFC 325 avionics suite that is installed in this PC12.

Carenado appears to have coded the inner knob so that a left click will pull the knob out (VS) and a timer will push the knob back in (ALT) after about 4 sec..

This can be confusing if you are in VS mode and want to return to ALT mode... Maybe someone has a way, but I have found that waiting for the timer to do its thing is the only way..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

@helberger and @jmig Thanks very much. Working on a descent, approach and landing video. Using an RNAV approach for the video and the aircraft follows it correctly and smoothly. Unfortunately, there are reviews out there that misrepresent the accuracy of certain aspects in the model - if only they did their homework to fly and operate the aircraft correctly! The plane is not 100% perfect but it performs well in the essential aspects of flight modeling.

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

47 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The real world KAS 297C unit, has an inner knob that can be pulled out and pushed in.

This is part of the KFC 325 avionics suite that is installed in this PC12.

Carenado appears to have coded the inner knob so that a left click will pull the knob out (VS) and a timer will push the knob back in (ALT) after about 4 sec..

This can be confusing if you are in VS mode and want to return to ALT mode... Maybe someone has a way, but I have found that waiting for the timer to do its thing is the only way..

Yes, if you don’t set your VS within that 4 sec window it reverts back to ALT. Would be nice if it didn’t auto revert to the ALT mode. 

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Yes, if you don’t set your VS within that 4 sec window it reverts back to ALT. Would be nice if it didn’t auto revert to the ALT mode. 

This is where the encrypted files from the Marketplace get in the way...  The user community could fix little things like that if the code were accessable, like we did in P3D.. 😉   Hmmm..

• Like 1

Bert

I don't get it. 

Why are people buying this substandard offering (in the trusted tradition of Carenado's subpar releases)?

...given that another company, with a proven track record of excellent releases, subsequent detailed patches, etc.

is also working hard on the PC12?

I must be missing something here........

There are plenty of excellent planes to fly in MSFS, and, guess what?, some of them have the giant price tag of FREE written all over them (once you've bought the base simulator, of course)

Let's see here:

WT CJ4
Citation Longitude (Dakfly mod)
TBM 930 modded
Kodiak 100 (excellent payware)
Honda Jet (excellent payware)

Just a selection, there are more.

In the other corner we have........

Carenado!

Yeah, tough choice. 

Edited by Ricardo41

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is where the encrypted files from the Marketplace get in the way...  The user community could fix little things like that if the code were accessable, like we did in P3D.. 😉   Hmmm..

Yup, without the horrible Marketplace encryption the Carenado's PC-12 engine parameter cfgs could be edited and tuned better for more accurate STOL capability/higher torque as of right now the plane feels underpowered. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't get it. 

Why are people buying this substandard offering (in the trusted tradition of Carenado's subpar releases)?

...given that another company, with a proven track record of excellent releases, subsequent detailed patches, etc.

is also working hard on the PC12?

I must be missing something here........

There are plenty of excellent planes to fly in MSFS, and, guess what?, some of them have the giant price tag of FREE written all over them (once you've bought the base simulator, of course)

Let's see here:

WT CJ4
Citation Longitude (Dakfly mod)
TBM 930 modded
Kodiak 100 (excellent payware)
Honda Jet (excellent payware)

Just a selection, there are more.

In the other corner we have........

Carenado!

Yeah, tough choice. 

Again I bought the Carenado fully knowing what to expect from such, really nice visuals/textures and subpar but atleast flyable physics with some most likely flawed avionics bugs.

That is exactly what I received as a product, and I'm fine with that as my lower Carenado expectations were met with something to fly right now and not having to wait on the SWS PC-12.

Will I be purchasing the SWS version? Well yes of course and I have higher expectations from the upcoming SWS PC-12 with avionics and physics/aerodynamics implementation.

So at the end I'll have two different developer's PC-12s in my hangar, simply because I can!

Some of us just like to experience ALL!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2