Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

On 9/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, lupedelupe said:

I give up. Had a series of relatively short hops planned for today and tomorrow. But the stuttering is too much. Abandoning the PC-12 until, one day, if we are fortunate, Carenado addresses the glaring shortcomings of what, despite being hyped for many months, is yet another rushed product. 🥵

or simworks releases theirs https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4800896046683234&set=pcb.4800898526682986

4 hours ago, bigifooti said:

Yep, that's a definite buy for me. Having abandoned the PC-12 I'm back in the Kodiak and loving it. Look! 2-hour flight and no stutters, and my batteries are charging! And the trim is in range! And the HSI works! 😛

What is the correct take off trim setting. @Doering Saw in your lovely tutorial that the indicator wasn't set on green. (4:38 mark)

Edited by bigifooti

1 hour ago, bigifooti said:

What is the correct take off trim setting. @Doering Saw in your lovely tutorial that the indicator wasn't set on green. (4:38 mark)

Good catch! That clip was intended to show the elevator trim moving into the green zone on the indicator. Missed that during editing. Elevator trim setting should be in the green range. Set the elevator to the green diamond if the calculated CG is aft of the datum. From the normal procedures doc : If CG is 236 inches (6 meters) or further aft of datum SET GREEN DIAMOND.

Here are the timestamps for the video:

Introduction 0:00 Taxi, takeoff, climb and cruise autopilot parameters 0:52 PC-12 Legacy Flight Deck 1:14 Before Taxiing 1:25 Taxiing 3:20 Before Takeoff 4:10 Line Up Check 5:40 Ready for Takeoff 6:13 Takeoff 6:27 Climb 7:45 Cruise 10:21 PC-12 Legacy Flight Deck 11:38

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Been thinking of purchasing this as a replacement for the TMB930 which I have spent considerable time with the past year. After reading the VERY informed opinions of those here, watching reviews and giving it serious consideration, I’m going to make the commitment. Like a few other pilots here, I wish to do an around the world tour. The TMB is a bit fast for low and slow sightseeing. I’m hoping the PC12 will fit the bill. My suspicion is that my expectations are not as high as many here. The price point, combined with the yet to be determined GTN750 choice is acceptable to me for the few negatives presented so far. Please don’t take this wrong, but I believe many compare this aircraft to the best in their hanger, which is only natural. When I look at the forest from within the trees the past two years, I am in utter amazement at where we are quality wise compared with two years ago. I have found MSFS2020 to be an outstanding earth simulator and, so far at least, a work in progress flight simulator. That’s OK for my time and money. The level of effort being put into both the simulator and aircraft are so far past what I would have guessed two years ago, I’m just extremely grateful for the toys I have here. It will take some time to get up the PC12 curve, but perhaps by the time the SWS study level comes out I will be able to appreciate the differences and just enjoy the flight seeing. Thank you to all the power users who take the time to give us casual users a path to follow. Much appreciated!

Edited by Radial9
  • Like 1

The PC12 is a fine airplane and Carenado are working on an update.. hopefully that will fix the current bugs..

I prefer it over the TBM   😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

@Radial9 You will get a lot of enjoyment from this aircraft! When the first reviews came out, I was concerned that I would not be able to make the video series that I am making. A good chunk of the negatives have come from people not using the avionics correctly. The AP is not intuitive but it works as it should. I flew a complete flight plan yesterday with the PMS50 using the NAV function and it worked without a problem. The transitions and flight path were smooth all the way. I believe the price point to be very reasonable and it fills a huge market niche for the average to above average enthusiast. You can experience the PC12 in this sim and know it from top to bottom in anticipation for a more in-depth simulation forecasted by the future SWS model that is many, many, many months away. This will be perfect for your planned around the world tour.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The PC12 is a fine airplane

I'm seeing a lot of posts and commentary to the contrary...

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

I'm seeing a lot of posts and commentary to the contrary...

He means the real one hehe.

But once the update comes it should be a decent sim plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The PC12 is a fine airplane and Carenado are working on an update.. hopefully that will fix the current bugs..

I prefer it over the TBM   😉

are you (again) debugging it for Carenado? 😋

n/a (somehow it posted twice and gave an error on the forum)

Edited by bigifooti

Would appreciate opinions on which GTN750 to place in the firewall. I have a premium Navigraph sub. I have a second monitor which I use for it and other goodies. Most of my flying for the forseeable future will be outside the US (that world tour). I remember reading that may be an issue with the GTNXi charts. I don't mind paying for the premium PMS50. i do know how to use one, flew with it regularly in my A2A Bonanza. Thoughts, opinions, bias or regrets? I'm leaning toward the premium PMS50, but want to get some feedback from experience.Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

Would appreciate opinions on which GTN750 to place in the firewall. I have a premium Navigraph sub. I have a second monitor which I use for it and other goodies. Most of my flying for the forseeable future will be outside the US (that world tour). I remember reading that may be an issue with the GTNXi charts. I don't mind paying for the premium PMS50. i do know how to use one, flew with it regularly in my A2A Bonanza. Thoughts, opinions, bias or regrets? I'm leaning toward the premium PMS50, but want to get some feedback from experience.Thanks!

I have the PMS50 premium version. I have had zero issues with it. I can tell you that the PMS50 version is in perfect harmony with ForeFlight when running ForeFlight on my iPad with the sim.

57 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

I'm TDS all in - I love how it works like the real unit.  I like how it looks like the real one as well.  Nothing (really) against the PMS version.... it's awesome he created one from scratch, and a lot of people like it.  For me though, it's always been the RXP GTNs/GNS and now in MSFS the TDS GTNXi.  Yes the Charts are North America only but if you already have navigraph sub just stick your charts on a second monitor or tablet.  I don't really view charts on the GTN itself the screen is too small.  In real life it works really well of course.  But even then I typically have the charts on my EFB.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |