Sign in to follow this  
mgh

www.avsim.ru

Dear MGH (if that is your real name),>Again incorrect uses of the word "stealing". If this thread>has clarified anything, it is that AVSIM has few rights to theTHere's not much point in nit picking about the definition of the word "stealing". My point remains valid. I'm not worried about wether you believe Avsim has the right to use their own name or not. Avsim.ru "stole", "borrowed", "used", "took", "appropriated" or "copied" the name instead of using an original name. I'm saying that it is unethical to do so, and whether it is illegal or not is secondary. Even if Avsim has no legal recourse, it was still wrong.- Martin (real name)

mgh is obviously my Username and no more my real name than Shaka is yours. I'm pleased to know your real name is Martin, but I don't understand what it has to do with this discussion.Your grasp of ethics seems a bit shaky. Agreed that it is unethical, but not illegal, for the AVSIM name to be used by others, is it not also unethical to accuse someone of the criminal offence of stealing when they haven't committed it, especially when this thread has demonstrated that nothing illegal has been done? That's also libellous.

>Your grasp of ethics seems a bit shaky. Agreed that it is>unethical, but not illegal, for the AVSIM name to be used by>others, I think that my whole point was that it was unethical, and whether it was illegal was irrelevant. I'm glad you agree it is unethical, because there are those in the forum who see nothing wrong with it at all. >is it not also unethical to accuse someone of the>criminal offence of stealing when they haven't committed it,>especially when this thread has demonstrated that nothing>illegal has been done? That's also libellous.I don't agree that this thread has demonstrated that nothing illegal has been done. The fact is that there seems to be plenty of armchair lawyers in the forums these days, all of whom are apparently experts in copyright/trademark/patent law. If someone thinks they have been harmed by my "libellous" statements, they should feel free to track me down and sue me. This will be quite easy to do since my real name and address can be obtained by conducting a whois search on my domain (which is also my name, btw).I don't need to hide behind a username because of comments I've made in a public forum.- Martin (not hiding behind a username)

Hiding? What am I hiding? Which forum rule requires anything other than the Username?