Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Anyone else seeing this weird nav routing issue?

This only started happening in the last couple of weeks for me. I'll plan a flight on Simbrief and import it into the sim the usual way. Then I'll change the departure from the runway to a gate/parking space. 

That's when the sim changes parts of the entire route. Sometimes it'll plug in a detour of 100 miles or more. Other times it'll do this weird back and forth between the origin and destination, taking different routes each time, turning what would be a 2 hour trip into a 6 hour trip. 

For example, this morning I did KFLL to TNCM. Routing is: SNAPR2 SUMAC Y421 HAGIT Y290 SLUGO DCT PJM DCT

Imported into the sim with that routing.  After changing departure to a parking stand, it assigned KEMPR as my first waypoint, which is all the way up in Norfolk VA, then worked its way down to the Bahamas before going direct TNCM. 

Any idea what's going on?

Do you change your departure from map or the drop down menu? 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

You have to do it through drop down menu. 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Why not just import the route into the FMS/CDU when you are already at the gate or parking spot of your choice?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Aha.  Well that's annoying.  Oh well, most of the planes I fly don't care where the sim thinks I'm going. I'll just not import until they fix it.  

Thanks for the info everyone.

I wish they would add the ability to specify the arrival gate as well. Can't believe they left that out.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440