Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

GoFlight MCP Inop in FSX

I tried asking about this before in the GoFlight forums, but they never respond. All of my GoFlight Modules work now in FSX, except the GF-MCP autopilot. The standard one, not the 'Pro' Boeing-Style one. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? It shows up in the Configurator, and I can assign funtions in FSX, but it just shows dashed lines where the read-outs should be when I start the sim. Any clues and help is appreciated, thank you.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174293.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I have had similar problems with my Go-Flight products in FSX. I couldn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I appreciate the response John, thanks. I've managed to get everything to work but that darn MCP. I'll try starting GFDevFSX.exe manually prior to FSX, and see if that wakes up the MCP.Appreciate Your Help,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest thx1137

I want to start putting together some modules but I think I will use IO cards too because it is a bit hard to trust the software support and without operating software the hardware is somewhat less usefull!I _really_ want the MCP Pro but I _really_ dont want to find it wont work reliably in any of my aircraft, present or future.

The GoFLight devices are HID compliant, so if you have the programming skills (to program an I/O card), you can also program GoFlight using the standard HID protocols and SimConnect. In this way, I was able to customize the GoFlight hardware well beyond the provided software. However, having dealt with GoFlight support, I too will pursue an I/O card solution in the future.Best Regards,Rich

Hello Alex!I feel your pain. I am a heavy GoFlight fan and user. I have the full airliner console (which I have built over the last couple of years), and I just finished purchasing their magnificent pedals. I have had "decent" luck with the console working on FSX. The MCP appears to work just fine on regular aircraft and default aircraft; the minute you slap a Level-D or a Flight-1 ATR in there, guaranteed that it will not work. I think it has to do with how the third party addon manufacturers code the panels.May be time for an update from GoFlight??Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi John,I've recently had problems with my GoFlight software when starting FSX. It all started after I installed ASX but I should reiterate it is not related to that software.It all started when I installed simconnect.dll and two files - exe.xml and simconnect.xml. The former one includes entries to start programs such as GFDEVFSX.EXE and I had to set the run parameter to FALSE to prevent a initialisation failure message when FSX tries to run GFDEVFSX.EXE. Even running it manually caused it to fail.To cut a long story short the successful running of GFDEVFSX.EXE was dependent on a specifically named folder existing in C:WindowsWinSxS. Once I'd created it and installed the SDK SP1 simconnect.dll everything worked fine. However, my setup does not include the MCP so I can't help regarding that.If you or anyone wants to read about the problems and solution it's here http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=62929I agree that GF support is appalling. They don't support their forum at all and I only had one brief reply to my problem and when I found the problem and reported it back to them they never gave me the courtesy of a reply. I understand their hardware is excellent - pity their customer support is non-existent.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Dennis:That I'm aware of; that GoFlight has issues with 3rd party AP's. I realize that and have, in the past, with FS9, spent a great deal of time using Key Mapping and FSUIPC to create custom, not always successful, but mostly working config files to load in GoFlight when I fly those aircraft. My problem is getting the MCP to work in the simpler flight models that utilize the default AP - the Overland's, FSD's, Aerosim's, etc...I'm going to experiment with it tonight.Thanks for your help,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Ray-The fact that this problem exists, and the complexity of the maybe not even 100% solution underscores the general PIA that FSX is, and perhaps always will be. We are all tweakers at heart, and hence our unremitting allegiance to this complex beast that Microsoft has released on us. I'm a patient guy. I'll hang on to it - SP1 was a small move in the right direction - and continue to find ways to enjoy FSX, though I have to say for right now, I hardly ever use to "fly." Everything is a test flight to test a tweak. I hope this changes one day.regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Hey Alex!OK I understand. You're defintely experiecing some sort of anomaly then because my MCP works wonderfully on the aircraft you mentioned. Is the GFConfig.exe launching automatically when you launch FSX or do you have to manually launch it and de-activate it?Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi Alex,I know where you're coming from. I suppose we only stick at it in the belief that we will eventually succeed and be able to enjoy some flying!I look forward to the day when I can switch off the frame rate counter. Sadly I suspect it will never arrive.:-( Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Dennis-It launches automatically and I see the MCP in the FSX tab of the GoFlight Config utility. Can you do me a favor? Look in the FSX 'MODULES' folder and tell me if there are any GoFLight-type files in there. Anything that I might be missing. I know GoFlight installs a number of .dll files in the MODULES folder of FS9, but I was under the impression that .dll files were a no-no in FSX. Anyway, check for me and see, maybe I'm just missing something basic.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Hey Alex!I'll gladly check when I get back. I jjst arrived in Panama City, Panama and won't be back until Thursday. I also wonder - does FSUIPC have anything to do with GoFlight? If it does, what version of FSUIPC are you using?Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert