Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

1 hour ago, Mets737 said:

Strobe lights and landing lights are not attached in the right position. "Floating light orbs" can easily be fixed in the systems.cfg...how did they not notice this?

I just had a careful look... these lights appear to be correctly attached to me... Looked at it from all sides..

Can you provide a screenshot?  

• Like 1

Bert

57 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

I've been buying Carenado addons for over 10 years now and I seriously doubt that they do any kind of beta testing. 

...because you've been buying Carenado add-ons for 10 years now. Obviously it doesn't matter to them if the same people keep buying their products over and over again. 

7 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

...because you've been buying Carenado add-ons for 10 years now. Obviously it doesn't matter to them if the same people keep buying their products over and over again. 

What shall I say...some of their airplanes are quite nice. But the PC12 is not one of them. At least not in its current state.

• Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

27 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just had a careful look... these lights appear to be correctly attached to me... Looked at it from all sides..

Can you provide a screenshot?  

U5xu4hm.jpg

Edited by Mets737

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

2 hours ago, Mets737 said:

I believe that if you zoom in, you will find the lights attached in the correct positions... change the time to daytime to confirm. 😉

9qJ1sdl.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, TonyD said:

The more I fly the more I find - do they actually have any beta testers ?

My understanding is that when you submit a plane for sale on the MS MarketPlace, it gets a basic "checkout" by MS. The bug reports above makes me wonder about the quality of testing that MS does.  Or maybe the MS testing is only concerned with making sure a product is compatible with the MarketPlace database and sales operation. In any case, hopefully fixes from Carenado will be forthcoming soon.

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ark said:

My understanding is that when you submit a plane for sale on the MS MarketPlace, it gets a basic "checkout" by MS. The bug reports above makes me wonder about the quality of testing that MS does.  Or maybe the MS testing is only concerned with making sure a product is compatible with the MarketPlace database and sales operation. In any case, hopefully fixes from Carenado will be forthcoming soon.

I would assume it's just basic functioning and to make sure it contains no elements against their Tos.

I think we're all well aware they don't do beta testing hehe.  Still people like me and Bert (and Tim) must have some hope LOL.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Still people like me and Bert (and Tim) must have some hope LOL.

I am going with the glass half full version.. after disabling the Avidyne and EADI lines in the panel.cfg file, my performance is acceptable, and I fully expect Carenado to fix at least some of the problems listed above.. 😉

• Like 3

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

after disabling the Avidyne ... in the panel.cfg

or simply turn if OFF in the cockpit?

after this Carenado debacle I am glad the CJ4 was one of the default aircraft released by Asobo and improved upon by those men at work ingtitle. If only Asobo had included the PC-12 (and all future Carenado aircraft)  into the premium version. 😀

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Electrical system - constant drain and non-functioning Invertor

Same påroblem here. Any fix for battery drain would be priority 1..

Kind regards

Nico

Nicolaus Malmgren

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am going with the glass half full version.. after disabling the Avidyne and EADI lines in the panel.cfg file, my performance is acceptable, and I fully expect Carenado to fix at least some of the problems listed above.. 😉

Am I right in thinking that if I buy and select the G750NXi for the aircraft, the Avidyne unit isn't really needed?  I am still waiting to press the button on buying the NXi - I will watch a few youtube video first.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

28 minutes ago, nicoma said:

Electrical system - constant drain and non-functioning Invertor

Same påroblem here. Any fix for battery drain would be priority 1..

Kind regards

Nico

I have also noticed a lot of those battery drain reports at the MSFS official forum but haven't had any myself so am wondering what I'm doing differently then those folks.  Just finished a 2hr+ flight and the voltage never dropped from the takeoff reading of 24.4V.

Now I always start on the RW with my engine running not cold and dark so wondering if that has any thing to do with it?

• Like 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

19 minutes ago, northtexas said:

Now I always start on the RW with my engine running not cold and dark so wondering if that has any thing to do with it?

I think it may indeed... I also start on the runway and have no such problems.

The one time I started on a ramp and used CTRL+e to start the engine, some over the overhead switches were in incorrect positions and did not animate correctly when manually activated..

Bert

39 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Am I right in thinking that if I buy and select the G750NXi for the aircraft, the Avidyne unit isn't really needed?  I am still waiting to press the button on buying the NXi - I will watch a few youtube video first.

I have disabled the Avidyne and certainly do not miss it.  If you can accept that the GTNXi does not share the MSFS navdata, but instead uses Garmin/Jeppesen real world navdata, it offers you a much better interface for flight planning and management than the current PMS unit.  Now, Working Title may come along later this year and pull a rabbit out of a hat, but at present, the MSFS flight management system is lacking in many ways.. If you have ever used a Garmin GPS of any flavor you will recognize the shortcomings and inconsistencies..

Just an immediate "in your face" difference... After powering up, the PMS unit flashes the MSG button and tells you that you do not have a Departure and Destination defined, and when you go to the FPL page you are greeted with empty boxes to fill in.  The TDS unit does not complain about lack of departure etc, instead when you go to the FPL page, it has filled in the departure for you (since it knows where you are), and offers up the option to start entering waypoints... Just one of many things..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

or simply turn if OFF in the cockpit?

Possibly.. hard to say how much load it adds when in Power off state.. 😉

Bert