Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

To follow-up to my last post of digital avionics and GPS not showing --- 

Cause: JD's PMS GTN 750 Mod.

Resolution: Delete the MOD from the Community Folder.

Also reported in the PMS 750 GPS - screen buttons not working ---

Cause: Conflict with WT GN530

Resolution: go to PMS website and download a file.

I still have issue with the takeoff roll of the PC12.  I departed from KBJC 30R and used ALL of the runway and was getting the stall warning until I cleaned up.  This would not be the case in real life.

7 minutes ago, Swinden said:

I still have issue with the takeoff roll of the PC12

Seems much better to me... One important change is the default loading now reduced to two pilots, that helps!

• Like 1

Bert

nice Pilatus PC-12NG Flight Vlog

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@Swinden Regarding takeoff distances, this video should help to provide a reference to compare against your experience. Flights performed at an elevation ~6000’. I have not tested the new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYBf7KRud0&t=2s

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

8 hours ago, Swinden said:

To follow-up to my last post of digital avionics and GPS not showing --- 

Cause: JD's PMS GTN 750 Mod.

Resolution: Delete the MOD from the Community Folder.

Also reported in the PMS 750 GPS - screen buttons not working ---

Cause: Conflict with WT GN530

Resolution: go to PMS website and download a file.

I still have issue with the takeoff roll of the PC12.  I departed from KBJC 30R and used ALL of the runway and was getting the stall warning until I cleaned up.  This would not be the case in real life.

Takeoff on this felt like a rocket in comparison. I left out of KORS to KPDX and almost a full payload.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Here's my observations of the Carenado PC-12 in regards to third party GPS units and overall performance. For me the plane is much smoother frame-rate wise, whether that has anything to do with SU11, DLSS or Carenado, who knows, it's just a lot smoother for me now. I run in 4K, 60Hz with DLSS set to Quality with everything maxed out (my new computer cost me an arm and a leg).

After it was released on the MS marketplace I decided to install the Working Title 530/430 and they work fantastic in the default MSFS aircraft, they also seem to work quite well in the Carenado PC-12 up until you want to use the TDS-GTN 750 XI, then the new Working Title 530/430 starts to cause issues (I'm fairly certain because it doesn't cause issues with the default MSFS GPS units). After selecting the TDS GTN 750XI on the Carenado tablet the unit boots up and I can click only on the first screen that pops up, after that the unit becomes either unresponsive or un-clickable.

Another  problem exists with the WT 530/430 units when I use the TDS GTN 750XI in pop up mode (using the unit outside of the sim in none gauge mode) When in GPS mode the needle on the EFIS will jump randomly back and fourth almost like it's confused as to what GPS unit is driving it. It doesn't do this in ADF, VLOC or VOR, only in GPS mode.

Well that's my two cents.

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Here's my observations of the Carenado PC-12 in regards to third party GPS units and overall performance. ...
After it was released on the MS marketplace I decided to install the Working Title 530/430 and they work fantastic in the default MSFS aircraft, they also seem to work quite well in the Carenado PC-12 up until you want to use the TDS-GTN 750 XI, then the new Working Title 530/430 starts to cause issues (I'm fairly certain because it doesn't cause issues with the default MSFS GPS units). After selecting the TDS GTN 750XI on the Carenado tablet the unit boots up and I can click only on the first screen that pops up, after that the unit becomes either unresponsive or un-clickable.

Same observations.. WT/TDS/Carenado are aware..

For now, I use the PMS50 GNS in the PC12.

And.. the PC12 is quite a nice airplane with that combo, and the major initial bugs now fixed. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

33 minutes ago, dfeldman said:

Does anyone know how to get the engine instrument tapes to work?

turn on the lights, 4 dials down in the middle console

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

turn on the lights, 4 dials down in the middle console

Thanks. I tried that but no luck. 

Dave.

Go into options/experimental turn off nanolog, something like that, can't  check for you as my flightsim is busted by the - you are missing essential packages. because I were having trouble with my PC12 decided to install fresh installation. 

Trevor Golding

19 minutes ago, trevg said:

Go into options/experimental turn off nanolog, something like that, can't  check for you as my flightsim is busted by the - you are missing essential packages. because I were having trouble with my PC12 decided to install fresh installation. 

Ok thank you that worked!

Dave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trevg said:

Go into options/experimental turn off nanolog

not necessary to turn NANOVG off in SU11 Beta, works even in cold-as-ice Alaska:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

very nice.

40 minutes ago, turbomax said:

not necessary to turn NANOVG off in SU11 Beta, works even in cold-as-ice Alaska:

spacer.png

spacer.png

So in the latest Beta update the nanovg issue is fixed? which windows version are you on ? The latest Windows 11 22H2