Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado PC12 bug report

1 hour ago, cyril972 said:

which windows version are you on ?

one-zero

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

I'm not so sure - I have this issue in SU11 beta - Running Windows 11 (Version 22H2).

Ditto, that's why I tried a reinstall.  Which have now found out reinstall is broken and MS is looking into it.

Trevor Golding

On 9/4/2022 at 6:23 AM, Bert Pieke said:

5.  Up/Down buttons on AP not functional

true. I found this solution:

I assigned 2 button presses in the AxisAndOhs utility from Lorby with my x-touch mini from Behringer because I fly in VR  only and trying to hit small dials in mountainous terrain in  turbulent air with a mouse is no joy, as much as I enjoy mountain flying. I assigned these 2 variables to a left/right button on the x-touch mini vertical speed for UP/DOWN selection in the Carenado PC-12 autopilot panel:

AP_VS_VAR_INC 

and

AP_VS_VAR_DEC

I preselected 8.000 feet, hit VS-ENG button and ALT ARM, turned the VS button on the x-touch mini until I reach 1.500 ft VS and the autopilot climbed and captured 8.000 ft. very nicely. Instead of the x-touch mini I am sure you could assign any other joystick button for V/S instead:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have assigned more buttons on the x-touch mini for the WorkingTitle G540/430 v1.0.1 like ZOOM in/out, frequency selection etc.

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Really want to use this plane but:

Using with my Honeycomb Bravo

1. Lights on A/P for heading & Nav do not come on the sim or my Bravo. Don't appear to work.

2. If switching the NAV source from GPS to VOR  the HSI shows VOR 1. If you press the 1 -> 2 button it says VOR 2 but pressing again does not switch back to VOR 1.

3. The Up/Down rocker does not work to change the IAS for climbing.

4. My Bravo A/P light comes on but no other buttons function.

I can't address performance issues as others have done here since I don't know the plane that well. I just want to navigate using the autopilot and while I finally learned to use the altitude functions, I still can't use the lateral. Very frustrated. I guess I'll stick with the TBM 930 mod which works fine. Carenado can do better. Even the last update did not do anything and they did not even list what was "fixed" at the Marketplace.

Hey TopCat!  You need to watch that Officer Dibble doesn't catch you talking like that!  :laugh:

I consider the PC-12 to be partially fixed, but obviously, not everything has been attended to.
The list of fixes for the recent marketplace update were posted in this thread a few pages back I believe.
They did attend to a lot of the issues highlighted to them, but obviously not all.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thanks bobcat999. I thought it was "Officer Dribble" but my cats don't care about my authority anyway. 😄

I'm still checking this thread and looking for suggestions. Just tried uninstalling the WT 430/530 which seems to have eliminated the 1 -> 2 issue and the A/P lights in the sim and my Bravo are also working. Now I try a flight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

Thanks bobcat999. I thought it was "Officer Dribble" but my cats don't care about my authority anyway. 😄

I'm still checking this thread and looking for suggestions. Just tried uninstalling the WT 430/530 which seems to have eliminated the 1 -> 2 issue and the A/P lights in the sim and my Bravo are also working. Now I try a flight.

My apologies! It wasn't this thread but another one with some v1.1 information.  I must admit, the provision of Carenado change logs is poor.

Yes, I had the WT 430/530 issue as well.  It's still being developed into something better obviously, so no blame on WT.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Found the same. I think they may have fixed the battery issue but without evidence, who knows.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

Found the same. I think they may have fixed the battery issue but without evidence, who knows.

Yes, I believe this was reported by someone else as fixed.

1 hour ago, topcat_1952 said:

Flying now. All seems to be working except the Up/Down rocker to control the IAS.

true. you can assign a joystick button or another button device, that's how I solved the problem. and that works. it is just the missing mouse clicks.

very nice.

6 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

do you recall the command(s) to use for this assignment?

very nice.

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I believe this was reported by someone else as fixed.

This is from the Carenado Facebook page:

Version 1.1
CARENADO PC12 MSFS RELEASED
-Fixed bug that causes battery draining.
-Fixed weight and balance default loading configuration.
-Fixed GPS approach capability with GP using GTNxi.
-Fixed fuel pumps initial condition.
-Improved IAS indication, corrected for temperature.
-Improved electrical system logic.
-Improved FPS performance.
-Implemented new EHSI display features.
-Implemented fully functional GPU.
-Other minor bug fixes.
  • Upvote 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.