Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Favorite AI Traffic Add-on for FSX

Guest globemast

Hello, Could you post you favorite AI Traffic add-on for MS FSX?Thanks.

Hi,WOA , PAI and more are available

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest globemast

Any other suggestions?What about Ultimate Traffic? Anyone used it on FSX?

There are several threads and posts about Ultimate Traffic, My Traffic and TrafficX on this forum.All have their strengths and weaknesses.If you want realistic schedules - UT is the only commerical product.If you want a lot of planes, pretty good representational schedules, military and GA traffic - My Traffic has that covered.If you want a combination of the two - TrafficX is the product to try.Ultimate Traffic repaints and models are the only ones to come close to the freeware quality - but only generation 1 and 2 freeware.They cannot touch current level generation 3 & 4 freeware from World of AI and PAI's newest packages.Freeware is very expensive in the cost of your time to build a consistent quality world.Personally I use UT as a base, and replace airlines/ aircraft from UT with freeware where available. But I do have a few aircraft from both My Traffic and TrafficX flying in my AI world.

Favorite: MyTraffic X.Simple, easy-to-setup, stable, good support, best models, most liveries and flight plans compared to the commercial competition.Pat

Hi, Pat!Im behind you, except for "best models" with MyTrafficX.. Until the developer releases an update for the models they will remain the worst IMO. Im not complaining now, just pointing out a fact. Up close the aircrafts look rather ugly and there's little detail. But this contributes to higher fps, even with heavy traffic. Earn some - give some..I used to run Ultimate Traffic, but in FSX my fps suffers too much, so Ill wait for a better system.regards

>Hello, >>Could you post you favorite AI Traffic add-on for MS FSX?>>Thanks.Here's what I posted in the FS9 Forum earlier. Keep in mind that they will work in FSX as well.Hi,I have owned payware AI addon traffic managers and IMHO I think that the models from World of AI are the best. Have a look here http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.php They have many, many airlines (almost all for USA) and a wack of military packages and most of the cargo haulers as well. All you need to do is extract the installer to your downloaded AI Package folder and run the installer... it will do the rest for you. You should add AISmooth or AISeparation, both programs manage AI traffic extremely well.Most of the aircraft if not all will have moving flaps, reversers and compressing bogies, you will not find that in any payware.You can also add GA aircraft which can be found at http://www.ultimatega.com/ again, really nice models and easy to install.I am not going back to any of the payware traffic addon managers because the qualtiy is just not there.Best of luck to you,

\Robert Hamlich/

Mytraffic just released the 5.1 update with model revamps for FSX. Not sure if they look better, haven't had a chance to watch the traffic yet, but many of the models have been redone.AI is a personal preference and depends on what you want. My preference is just to have real world liveries running around that are easy on frames. That's what Mytraffic does best, not to mention compatibility with FSX such as baggage trucks and jetways.Another plus is it creates a compatible traffic.bgl which doesn't override GA-Traffic.I also own Traffic 2005 and liked that as well, the models are good but it's not compatible with the FSX traffic.bgl format.World of AI is free and very good but is a bit complex on the install, still, for free it can't be beat.Ian.