Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

I Quit

I give up. FSX does not work! It is defective. Microsoft knew it was defective when they put it out. Their update did not fix it. Nothing will fix it. I have had the same problems everyone else has complained of on this forum. If I had a degree in Law rather than Biology I would sue them and try to recover our money in a class action.I feel sorry for the thousands of simmers who still try to tweak it. They are dreamers. Nothing will work. Its back to FS9 for meLargo222

Guest zinja

You'd lose that lawsuit faster than your tendency to vent publicly online.I'm sorry you can't get it working, though. I'll admit I've spent a few hours tweaking it myself, but it's running just fine now for me. Maybe you should post your setup and issues as warning to others who are considering FSX as a purchase.

SP1 certainly helped out the stock sim performance for me (with a few extra tweaks as well)My real concern now is the FPS hit I just took after installing the FSX update to the F1 ATR-72It confirms everything we have been saying about 'no headroom' for complex addons and has put me off paying the upgrade fee for the Level-D 767.I hope that titles designed originally for FSX will have better performance. If not, it's back to FS9 full time for me for a year more or so. (assuming that CPU's advance sufficiently in FSX performance)Glenn

Actually, I'm pretty happy with mine and haven't flown FS9 since SP1 came out. I get good frame rates in detailed scenery areas and 30+ rates while flying at altitude. I don't run all sliders at 100%, but I'm happy.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest wayupthere

"It is defective. Microsoft knew it was defective when they put it out. Their update did not fix it. Nothing will fix it. "Is it defective??? Hmm funny, than i MUST be doing something wrong, because it preforms FLAWLESSLY for me. Here and there just some minor things, VERY minor.You know, you public Venting/bashing FSX would hold up ALOT more if you actually would post your system specs. It might not even be FSX itself, it might be just your system being not capable of running it in the first place. And if it SHOULD be able to run it, and it wont, then you have undoubtedly system issues on your end.

Guest Hocking

I think FSX is coming around slowly but surely. It should be a good sim within the next 6 months or so after the next Processors are released from Intel I hope.However, I must admit, I will be EXTREMELY hesitant to buy the next MSFS in the future until it has been out for at least 18 months or more. The developers need to reconsider their silly business model of releasing a game today that is designed to be ran on machines of tomorrow. This makes no sense at all when you have a track record of releasing a new Flight Simulator every 3 to 4 years. Simply release a game today for today's machines, and worry about releasing a game tomorrow for tomorrow's machines to run.The FSX experience has turned me into a more hesitant MSFS software buyer for future products. I am sure many of us would agree with this statement.

Guest UlfB

Frank, or Largo222,Your other two posts here on the FSX forum indicates that the problem isn't FSX in itself:Topic: All Bldgs disappeared in FSX>Anyone else seen this happen?? Suddenly without warning>all the default bldgs at all the airports suddenly disappeared.>I have been getting 30FPS and now no bldgs and lots of studdering. >>This program and all its faults should be buried until a decent>program can be written. I am deleting it after spending far too>much time trying to figure it out.>Why dont they do the decent thing and refund our money!!! >>Largo222Topic: Please help with lost A321>Somehow I lost the A321 in my game. Does anyone know where and>how I can recover it and avoid a complete redownload of the program.>I looked in the disks but no luck. Maybe a kind soul could send>me a copy of that folder. Many thanks in advance. e-mail= franlee@earthlink.net>>>FrankAre you convinced that the cause of your problems with FSX is FSX itself?Ulf B

Ok, though I don't really agree with the OP I do agree that with current hardware (I'm talking quad core, dual SLI beasts), FSX DOES NOT have any headroom for powerful addons. You get the people with these new PC's still having trouble running Captainsim,LvlD, Wilco addons.That's what ####### me off, and I knew it would be a problem, and so did many others.Although it existed with FS9, it did not exist as much. 15FPS in rural areas with the LvlD 767 just doens't cut it...sorryThe other part I don't understand is how devs release these products knowing fully that your FPS will take a beating.I guess if I were releasing an update that a user had to pay for I'd specifically warn them that this product requires very current hardware to get anywhere.It's kinda why I use FS9 AND FSX - FS9 with all my fancy addons hehe, and FSX nearly vanilla with a few small addons (which are fantastic, like the RealAir SF260, which doesn't hit FPS but not as complex as LvlD etc, or Mike's freeware H21C helicopter)Anyone's guess is as good as mine with regards to what DX10 will do :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am happy with FSX and it looks great. Cannot agree with not having any headroom for complex addons though... LVLD-767 and other programmes run smooth and flawlessly for me. Ok having some issues with blurries but I am sure that will be addressed. You should post your system specs and see what a great deal of very helpful people in this group can do for you. I started the TileProxy install where it updated my FSX.cfg and I saw some imporovement. Did not complete the install because there was need for me to reconfigure a few things which I did not want to play with at the time.Things disappearing does not sound like an healthy machine. You need to defrag and clean your machine regularly. I use Ultimate Defrag and Registry Mechaninc on a weekly basis and CC Cleaner daily! You should run all your utilities 3 times to make sure that everything is taken care of. And you need updated drivers as well. Simply overwriting video drivers for example will not do, download new driver to desktop, delete the driver, boot into safe mode and clean the company driver info using Driver Cleaner Pro, reboot then install a the new driver. Yes there are many things to do before you can get your system to run well enough to fly FSX, or even FS9 for that matter, but you need to post and do some work first. Sincerely,

\Robert Hamlich/

>>I give up. FSX does not work! It is defective. Microsoft knew it was defective when they put it out. Their update did not fix it. Nothing will fix it. I have had the same problems everyone else has complained of on this forum. If I had a degree in Law rather than Biology I would sue them and try to recover our money in a class action.I feel sorry for the thousands of simmers who still try to tweak it. They are dreamers. Nothing will work. Its back to FS9 for me<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest UlfB

>Ok, though I don't really agree with the OP I do>agree that with current hardware (I'm talking quad core,>dual SLI beasts), FSX DOES NOT have any headroom for >powerful addons. Well, I have no problems with using UT USA, LevelD 767, Flight1 ATR 72, Cloud 9 Bergen, Aerosoft Monaco or Aspen or Helgoland. What powerful addons do you mean?Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 OC 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM8800GTX, dual view 1920x1200 and 1280x1024Creative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)WinXP Pro SP2, FSX SP1

The downside to that is we would have FS9 graphics limitations, and although users could max out the settings, in a year or 2 it would seem antiquated compared to other available software on the market.One other point to consider is that FSX can run on today's machines as long as one lowers the settings, and having sliders allows the sim to grow over the next few years as hardware advances become available. But, as most of us know, it's a pandoras box that we just can't resist. Sort of a darned if you do, darned if you don't type of situation for the devs in my opinion.Ian.

I can't put it any clearer than this: Either spend

>Frank, or Largo222,>>>I have been getting 30FPS and now no bldgs and lots of>studdering. >>That word 'studdering' really cracks me up :-) :-)So, cows have utters and FS studders right? ;-)Sorry but it just makes me laugh so much :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)