Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Is the EME.xml loadup file broken

In MSFS user config/ local cache area, there is a file called EXE.xml that is used to auto load external programs automatically, such as FSUIPC and FS2CrewCommandCentre and VDGS etc...

I have discovered in the last few days that it does not seem to be working, as these addons are not loading each time I start MSFS. 

After spending some time working on FSUIPC, I have found that even with a new EXE.xml file, FSUIPC was not loading on startup When I reverted back to the FSUIPC batch file option, it worked first time.

Instructions I followed are here:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/95918-msfs-fsuipc7-auto-start-with-msfs2020/

I then tested some other software and low and behold, they dont work either. For example I used FS2CREW RAAS, but when I tested, this did not load via the file option either. If I jumped out of MSFS when it was running, I could start RAAS manually, but it should have already been running in the background.

I dont know how to fix this as any program that uses the EXE.xml is out of my control. I dont want to create a batch file to load these when they should load via MSFS's own file system. All progams have been given Admin rights just to check its not a permission issue, but its not.

At least FSUIPC supplies a backup batch file option to get around the issue, but does anyone have any suggestions or can confirm the same problem?

It does not work, it is a long known problem from MSFS that must be first updated from Asobo.

And it seems the fix is not coming with SU10..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png