Sign in to follow this  
StamPilot

Captain Sim Support is VERY POOR,,....

Guest rvlasek

Purchased the Captain Sim Block B 757 for FSX in January 07, worked OK but killed frame rates, upgraded my PC and went to Vista, getting great frame rates now especially since SP!, but Captain Sim 757 will not install, get Error 11, try offline install and the redirect with Firewall off, NO LUCK,, Captain will offer no help for this.. VERY POOR,,,

Guest coltswitch

I get the same error. Let me know if you know how to fix this.

Guest rvlasek

I wish I knew,, Captain Sim will not even respond to this... terrible support

Guest coltswitch

here are several common reasons for the Error #11:1. You are not connected to the Internet or the connection is interrupted at the moment. Please make sure your Internet connection is OK and stable.2. Your 'firewall' does not allow installer to connect to CS server. Please try the following:- Turn the firewall OFF,- Install the Product,- Turn the firewall ON.3. For all products except the '727 Captain' v1.1: Make sure you have pointed installer to our new activation server. In order to redirect any product installer to the new server please:- Save this .zip file to any location at your PC- Open the .zip file and Run (double click) the redirect_activation.bat file- Click YES- Click YES- Press any keyAfter you did it once any product will be ready for installation and activation on our new server.4. Make sure you are logged to Windows as a user with administrative privileges.5. Some issues at CS server end. Please check NOTAMs. If none is in effect, try to reinstall a product again in 10 minutes.6. If your OS is Windows Vista please read this.7. If the above does not help please perform Offline Activation, search this Technical Support section for instructions.8. If after Offline Activation installer still responds with Error #11, that means there is some conflict with your system custom settings and MS FS installation.Please try the following:- Redownload the product- Restart your system- Reinstall the productIf the above does not help we must admit your system configuration is a rare exception. You can try to install the product on another system or request a refund.

Hello allthat error symply comes up if you dosenthave the utilty from CS installed calledactiv_redirect from CS .I am not shure with Vista but the same error happens to me with XPThis has sometthing to do with a new server or sometthing similar like that CS jumped over to , so you have to Insal that small utilty first - it worked for me at last with XP.http://www.captainsim.com/support/read the read lines there are a link for it.....and good luckfor Vista users........regardsMario G

>Purchased the Captain Sim Block B 757 for FSX in January 07,>worked OK but killed frame rates, upgraded my PC and went to>Vista, getting great frame rates now especially since SP!, but>Captain Sim 757 will not install, get Error 11, try offline>install and the redirect with Firewall off, NO LUCK,, Captain>will offer no help for this.. VERY POOR,,,>>Better Business Bureau

Guest coltswitch

in his defense, even though i'm mad, he says its for windows XP and that he gives 100% refund.

What else is new? I mean: seriously. This is not the first post and will not be the last complaining about CS service. The only way to approach this problem would be to uninstall, call the credit card company and request a charge-back.Unfortunately, that is the only reasonable action that you can take to show your dissatisfaction, if you feel that you're problems are not being addressed.Pat

>here are several common reasons for the Error #11:>>1. You are not connected to the Internet or the connection is>interrupted at the moment. Please make sure your Internet>connection is OK and stable.>>2. Your 'firewall' does not allow installer to connect to CS>server. Please try the following:>- Turn the firewall OFF,>- Install the Product,>- Turn the firewall ON.>>3. For all products except the '727 Captain' v1.1: Make sure>you have pointed installer to our new activation server. In>order to redirect any product installer to the new server>please:>- Save this .zip file to any location at your PC>- Open the .zip file and Run (double click) the>redirect_activation.bat file>- Click YES>- Click YES>- Press any key>After you did it once any product will be ready for>installation and activation on our new server.>>4. Make sure you are logged to Windows as a user with>administrative privileges.>>5. Some issues at CS server end. Please check NOTAMs. If none>is in effect, try to reinstall a product again in 10 minutes.>>6. If your OS is Windows Vista please read this.>>7. If the above does not help please perform Offline>Activation, search this Technical Support section for>instructions.>>8. If after Offline Activation installer still responds with>Error #11, that means there is some conflict with your system>custom settings and MS FS installation.>>Please try the following:>- Redownload the product>- Restart your system>- Reinstall the product>>If the above does not help we must admit your system>configuration is a rare exception. You can try to install the>product on another system or request a refund.>Actually these suggestions helped me, namely the one about redirect bat file. I recently reinstalled XP and got the error with 757. Now everything is fine.At their forum the CS rep said that they are working on the issue with error 11 and vista and will release some patch. Frankly speaking I don't know what else you need. BTW there is the option to request the refund. But taking into account the fact you have been using 757 for 6 months and now want to get refund is not fair IMHO.And you can read the system requirements http://www.captainsim.com/products/b757/sysreq.html . As far as I see Vista is not mentioned there.

Guest 19blackrock

I just saw this post and have gotten a taste of the support at Captain Sim and it is a joke. Always amazed at how a software company can "screw the pooch" so badly on providing the most basic support and report to questions. I sent an inquiry....created a support ticket...which made going to the RMV look like fun...and it kicked back as canceled one hour later telling me to look harder elsewhere for the answers. Dave

I see they came out with "demo" versions of B757 and c130 which I think is new for them. I wasn't sure they were still around. The demos, though, seemed designed only to show what the models look like.scott s..

Guest 19blackrock

Total clowns! I sent two support requests and keep getting canceled out with a redirection to their "knowledge base". The last one was just uninstall/reinstall directions. Avoid at all costs....so-to-speak....Dave

I was thinking about the C-130 from CS but after reading these (and other) comments wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole, no matter how good the model is. If they're that bad, eventually it will catch up and new customers (like me) won't buy and they'll improve or be gone.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors