Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Bad 24 hours trying to get MSFS working again

MSFS was working fine two days ago, but when I tried to start it in the afternoon, I kept getting the error message 0x80004005. I managed to find a number of suggested 'fixes' in various forums - none of which worked. Eventually, and following a suggestion, I uninstalled MSFS (premium deluxe). Now that's where I am, but I cannot reinstall MSFS either through Xbox app or Microsoft store. When I try and reinstall through Xbox app I get error message 0x00000001, and when I try and reinstall through Microsoft store, the process starts - it says it is downloading - and then it stops downloading and the download cloud icon is replaced with try again - which repeats the same process. So long since I bought the original game, not sure from where I should be re-installing from, and as to what I need to do to overcome these errors and successfully reinstall MSFS

Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks

George Westwell

Hey George,

Have you taken a look over at their official forums? Because there is so much now dependent on their servers, I would always recommend not reinstalling the sim unless its 100 percent a local issue on your end. I did notice some slight server connectivity issues yesterday. Sometimes its just worth leaving it for a day or so and then trying again. 

Similar with the sim crashing, I do think that can be on their end a lot of the time, a few weeks ago it seemed the case with a lot of people experiencing CTD's. Myself included. It can be frustrating, but I do think even just having photo scenery streamed in is worth the trade off!

I do remember thinking a few years ago (ORBX True Earth times) that there must be a better way of doing scenery, we just wouldn't have the storage space for all the scenery we wanted! 

Anthony Milner

4 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

Any and all suggestions welcome

I didn't encounter your specific problem, but I had my fair share of issues with "gaming services" up to the point where my system suggested MSFS wasn't installed (although it was!) and I couldn't access the installation directory. Check in MS Store ("Library") for any issues with Gaming Services.  Try updating first. Unfortunately It doesn't always show problems even if there are. Applying the following procedure cured the issues every time so far for me.

Open your Registry Editor then go to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section,
then to SYSTEM
then to Current Control Set
then to Services.
In that bit you will find two things - Gaming Services and Gaming Services.Net - delete both of those two things completely and then restart your pooter.  Back to MS Store and install Gaming Services. Sorted.

Alternative:

In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
In the menu, select "Run as administrator."
In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

--------------
(the following part is unexplored by me, the above sufficed so far. I installed Gaming Services via MS Store after that)
--------------

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Click Get to install Gaming Services (select Yes if you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt)
Restart your device, and try to install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator again.

Good luck!

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Download Xbox Console Companion and launch msfs from there and see if it fixes your issue.   

Edited by Gelrd

Try going into windows settings and then apps. Find MSFS and click the 4 vertical dots on the far right side. Use the "repair" option under advanced options. 

There's also a "reset" option. Not sure when or why you'd want to use it, though.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

39 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I didn't encounter your specific problem, but I had my fair share of issues with "gaming services" up to the point where my system suggested MSFS wasn't installed (although it was!) and I couldn't access the installation directory. Check in MS Store ("Library") for any issues with Gaming Services.  Try updating first. Unfortunately It doesn't always show problems even if there are. Applying the following procedure cured the issues every time so far for me.

Open your Registry Editor then go to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section,
then to SYSTEM
then to Current Control Set
then to Services.
In that bit you will find two things - Gaming Services and Gaming Services.Net - delete both of those two things completely and then restart your pooter.  Back to MS Store and install Gaming Services. Sorted.

Alternative:

In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
In the menu, select "Run as administrator."
In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

--------------
(the following part is unexplored by me, the above sufficed so far. I installed Gaming Services via MS Store after that)
--------------

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Click Get to install Gaming Services (select Yes if you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt)
Restart your device, and try to install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator again.

Good luck!

Thought this was going to be my solution - as I have tried everything else - unfortunately not worked for me - still need to try your final suggestion which is unexplored by you - many thanks

George Westwell

24 minutes ago, Gelrd said:

Download Xbox Console Companion and launch msfs from there and see if it fixes your issue.   

gave that a try - same problem

George Westwell

Had a similar issue earlier this week which started with using ReShade. I'm not quite sure exactly how I fixed it but on the official forums I was able to track down that same error code. I believe what fixed it was logging out of the Xbox app, then uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app. That might be a pretty painless thing to try to see if it helps.

36 minutes ago, gpbob said:

Had a similar issue earlier this week which started with using ReShade. I'm not quite sure exactly how I fixed it but on the official forums I was able to track down that same error code. I believe what fixed it was logging out of the Xbox app, then uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app. That might be a pretty painless thing to try to see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion - tried that also - and did not work for me

George Westwell

Have you tried using a vpn and connecting to France?

Edited by Gelrd

6 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

gave that a try - same problem

Just a thought: Have you checked your Windows; Time and Date (and Language) settings? Are they correct for your location. You might have to resync these settings.

Worth doing after a Windows update for example…

good luck- this sounds awful -  most likely this will be a Windows not MSFS issue.

Same, tried all the fixes, no luck, even reset windows (yikes) still no luck getting this to download...I am thinking of buying the Steam version as I think it does not install through that """"" xbox app or window store where all the problems are. 

Any thing I should know about the Steam version before committing ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

MSFS stability has really deteriorated over the last couple of months. I barely play it due to CTDs. Let’s hope SU10 will be the answer to our prayers. If not, maybe I’ll pick up XP12 after all. 

8 hours ago, warbirds said:

Same, tried all the fixes, no luck, even reset windows (yikes) still no luck getting this to download...I am thinking of buying the Steam version as I think it does not install through that """"" xbox app or window store where all the problems are. 

Any thing I should know about the Steam version before committing ?

You will then have a new version of MSFS and I think a new account. I'm not sure, but it might well mean you will have lost anything you bought in the marketplace.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.