Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Just got a new update to SU10 beta 1.27.18.0

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks.  How do I check to see if I’m opted out?

Im new to this sim.

To join and leave the beta you need to use the Xbox insider app which you download from MS store. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

To join and leave the beta you need to use the Xbox insider app which you download from MS store. 

Good thing I use Steam!   Appreciate the help. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Good thing I use Steam!   Appreciate the help. 

I don’t use steam (ms-store) but from what I’ve read from a whole lot of folks who have participated in past betas that Steam is the easiest, just a matter of a button press to join, or a button press to leave. 

I don’t know the exact steps but if you google “steam/MSFS beta how”, I bet you’ll get a bunch of answers to your questions. 

-B

Edited by btacon

10 minutes ago, btacon said:

I don’t use steam (ms-store) but from what I’ve read from a whole lot of folks who have participated in past betas that Steam is the easiest, just a matter of a button press to join, or a button press to leave. 

I don’t know the exact steps but if you google “steam/MSFS beta how”, I bet you’ll get a bunch of answers to your questions. 

-B

I'm on Steam and in the beta; getting into the beta is no problem, but rolling back to current release (SU9) is a bear... not sure it can be done without a whole bunch of hoopla. I tried and could not get back to SU9 (just CTD any time you try to start the game). But it's ok, I don't mind testing SU10 just that part of my test was to undo and that test failed (reported!)

Check in, but cannot check out! 😆

• Like 1

14 hours ago, David Mills said:

So you have nothing at all in your community folder?

Hi,

The CTDs occur with or without add-ons in the community folder. 

Mostly at the start, before the map screen appears, etc.

Regards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

The CTDs occur with or without add-ons in the community folder. 

Mostly at the start, before the map screen appears, etc.

Regards.

I think it has something to do with Navigraph database, after removing the 2 NG folders from the community the CTD at start disappeared.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

51 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

I think it has something to do with Navigraph database, after removing the 2 NG folders from the community the CTD at start disappeared.

Hi,

And what about those, like me, who don't have Navigraph database? There must be another explanation...

Regards.

23 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Guys, try flushing your shaders. I'm 99% sure that's what fixed mine.  Press windows key, type "disk". Run "disk cleanup". Select your C drive. In the list that pops up, select the box next to DirectX Shader cache. Unchecked the options for anything you do not want to delete. Click Ok. Done.

I did 3 short flights (>1.5 hrs) after flushing the shader cache yesterday and had no problems whatsoever. 27.18 runs better than 12.17. I found it particularly noticeable in the Fenix. For the 1st time ever, it felt just as smooth and responsive as the 737. No stutters anywhere.

After installing the latest beta update my sim with DX11 was as smooth as it's ever been for first few flights with PMDG and Fenix.  I then decided to test DX12 since you know I signed up to beta test.  DX12 was still very stuttery for me, most notably panning in the cockpit, so I switched back to DX11 but the stutters still persist.  Do you think this could be a shaders issue?

I want to try and clear them but don't want to mess anything else up.

Ryan

10 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

I'm on Steam and in the beta; getting into the beta is no problem, but rolling back to current release (SU9) is a bear...

It's been the same for MS-store versions. I switched back and forth and bit b/w SU9 and beta, and it's unfortunately not as simple as leave the beta then just load up the sim in SU9. 

(I've kept backup copies of the Official folder so switching doesn't require a full installation)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

17 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

After installing the latest beta update my sim with DX11 was as smooth as it's ever been for first few flights with PMDG and Fenix.  I then decided to test DX12 since you know I signed up to beta test.  DX12 was still very stuttery for me, most notably panning in the cockpit, so I switched back to DX11 but the stutters still persist.  Do you think this could be a shaders issue?

I want to try and clear them but don't want to mess anything else up.

I think DX12 is stuttery as they have not finished optimizing it. We'll just have to wait and see for the SU10 launch next week with a new nvidia driver 🙂

Btw DX12 was amazingly smooth and fluid when panning in the first beta update. Let's hope that's how it will be next week!

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think DX12 is stuttery as they have not finished optimizing it.

True but it remained stuttery when I switched back to DX11 which is why I'm wondering what could have happened to shaders, etc. for those few minutes I tried DX12 after latest update.  It might be something completely unrelated...I don't know.

Ryan

5 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

True but it remained stuttery when I switched back to DX11 which is why I'm wondering what could have happened to shaders, etc. for those few minutes I tried DX12 after latest update.  It might be something completely unrelated...I don't know.

I don't know either. DX11 has been working very well for me, but the reports over at the official forums are a bit mixed. 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I don't know either. DX11 has been working very well for me, but the reports over at the official forums are a bit mixed. 

I just wish they would fix the CTD problems that some are having, and other issues, and forget about DX12. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

And what about those, like me, who don't have Navigraph database? There must be another explanation...

Regards.

Unplayable now after this update.  Have tried three times now and CTD each time; twice at start up and once at the departure airport.  The last time I got an error that my graphics card malfunctioned possibly due to overclocking...which it isn't.  So annoying.  Anyone have any suggestions?

On 9/8/2022 at 4:01 AM, ttbq1 said:

Same experience here, I didn't have any CTD on previuos beta SU10 builds. And they can happen at any time, at launch screen, on the ground, after taking off....I haven't finish any of 4 trips I have started.

Same here...really frustrating.  I hope the SU10 release isn't as buggy.  Was working just fine up until now.

• Like 1