Sign in to follow this  
Mango

RealAir SF 260 Alternate Panels

Guest weeniemcween

Sharing is caring,Well since the fsx lighting engine is a bit behind those of smaller scale games, this makes things look less real. If you look at Scout/Citabria/Decathlon cockpits, even old ones, you will find that they are actually very clean, more so than a lot of other cockpits, due in part to the usual simplicity of the aicraft's role. I do think it would be fun, however, to make a green tinted panel like that of this scout, minus the 496 of course:http://www.controller.com/listings/detail....374477BE8D709D9Some minor light rendering (and plastic noise) on the texture might also be added. Perhaps this will be more to your liking?

Guest Mike94

Thanks for the insight! I must admit, i have never seen a Scout for real, so i don't know how it's panels look like in real life.Yes, this greenish panel looks very nice! Would be great to see how it looks in FSX.Anyway, this is a great plane in FSX, no matter how the panel bitmap looks... I just thought that a bit of wear on the panel makes it even more immersive.Thanks a lot and cheers from germany,Michael

Guest mmaxx

hello,can you please tell how to convert the painted bmp

Guest triangle

When you save the files, save them at 32bit targas and only convert back to dds once you have finished.Andrew

Guest mmaxx

>When you save the files, save them at 32bit targas and only>convert back to dds once you have finished.>>Andrewhi Andrew,That

Got it ! Thanks again :-cool .And thanks for the tip with the repaints - i should visit the Library more often. Really... And yes, of course i fly the new Scout :D

Guest guz99

Hello, I am also making my personal panel for the Sf260 but I am wondering in wich format I shuld save. I use a dds-plugin for photoshop and save in dxt3 with the other options untouched (default). My saved panels get the size of 1.33Mb and not 1Mb like the originals (and your altered panels). What shuld i do to save the panel just like they should be saved.Also, when i save the gauges_01.dds the gauges gets blurry when zoomed out.Thanks!