1 minute ago, BBQSteve said:

Unable to load XP 11 or 12 scenery database with remote computer. LNM is looking for a "scenery" folder vice a "scenery_library" folder.

Which is not the recommended procedure anyway.🙃
Load the scenery library on the flying computer and then copy "little_navmap_xp11.sqlite" or "little_navmap_xp12.sqlite" over to the remote. Much easier and faster than loading across the network.

Alex

Still has "Load Scenery Library (no simulator) grayed out when it is attached to and showing aircraft at airport location.

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thanks a lot! Got it. Give me a day or two to look at it.

No problem. I have another with 2 crashes. 1 right after starting and another when I got to the gate. Saved the logs, flight in case you need it too.

15 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

Ok, but it has been working beautifully for many years with XP11. Thanks.

You can fake a XP12 installation by putting a file "x-plane_install_12.txt" with the installation location as the only line into "C:\Users\YOURLOGIN\AppData\Local".

15 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

Still has "Load Scenery Library (no simulator) grayed out when it is attached to and showing aircraft at airport location.

Close LNM and copy the database file over. XP12 will show up once it's there:

grafik.png

See here for details:

https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/NETWORK.html

Alex

15 hours ago, theersink said:

No problem. I have another with 2 crashes. 1 right after starting and another when I got to the gate. Saved the logs, flight in case you need it too.

It would be great if you could send these to me as well. I'm currently running LNM on my test VMs for hours and see no issues.

I fixed one crash at exit but this is unrelated.

Alex

Hello Alex,

sorry, I'm still struggling with excluding that jetways replacement folder of GSX from scenery library loading (scanning).

Screenshot-2022-09-22-145136.jpg

For example there is LKPR on the screenshot. I can see in the information tab that the info about the airport was taken from my community folder but when I want to exclude that folder in the settings and I am browsing for the folder in the Windows explorer as soon as I click on the "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" it forwards me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways. I guess that goes with all FSDT products that they are installed in that addon folder while there are just links in the community folder. I hate that but I guess there is no other way. The thing is that LNM shows those airports with jetways replacement as addon airports while most of them are just not. Removing that folder (or link or whatever) from my Community folder before scanning the library helps but it's annoying when there is that exclude feature in LNM.

Thanks!

Marek

pmdg_trijet.jpg

47 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Marek, @mhron_pilot

I'll check for the next beta 2.8.1. The exclude should also work with symbolic links.

I suppose these are symbolic links and not Windows ".lnk" files, right?

Alex

I have no idea, it confuses me a bit. When I try to get into that folder that I want to exclude, via This Computer icon on my desktop I can normally go inside the GSX jetways folder in my Community folder and it shows the path that is the same as the path you can see in the screenshot I posted above (on the airport information tab). Then it looks like the files are physically there (but I believe they are physically stored in the Addon Manager folder on C drive made by FSDT. Also, in Windows Explorer all FSDT folders in Community folder have that small arrow at their icons (visible in the screenshot). And when I try to exclude that in LNM, the dialog window doesn't allow me to choose the GSX folder inside my Community folder. It always leads me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\...

Marek

pmdg_trijet.jpg

2 hours ago, mhron_pilot said:

And when I try to exclude that in LNM, the dialog window doesn't allow me to choose the GSX folder inside my Community folder. It always leads me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\...

The folder dialog follows the symbolic link (the folder with arrow) to its destination. Either I have to configure the dialog in a different way or I have to modify the exclude logic. Have to see.

Alex

• Like 1

Hello Alex, 

with 2.8 there's a gren line in front of aircraft showing direction. 

How can I get rid of it. Unfortunately I cannot find the switch to do so. 

Whats the name of this line in menu? 

Best

Roland 

🛩️ EDDK+EDKB 🛩️

11 hours ago, DuRo55 said:

Hello Alex, 

with 2.8 there's a gren line in front of aircraft showing direction. 

How can I get rid of it. Unfortunately I cannot find the switch to do so. 

Whats the name of this line in menu? 

Best

Roland 

Can be ignored, found it. Must be blind a bit 🙂

🛩️ EDDK+EDKB 🛩️

Hi Alex,

I have been using beta 2.8 with no issues. Thanks!

A question if I may: on flight plan creation there is now a line from the destination airport to the alternate airport. I couldn´t find and option where I could  to opt out for this leg to the alternate airport (I mean that I would like that this leg is not shown). Is there such an option?

Thanks and regards

Edmundo Azevedo

49 minutes ago, ega said:

A question if I may: on flight plan creation there is now a line from the destination airport to the alternate airport. I couldn´t find and option where I could  to opt out for this leg to the alternate airport (I mean that I would like that this leg is not shown). Is there such an option?

The line to the alternate was always there (since 2.4 or 2.6, don't remember exactly). Sorry, there is no option to disable it. You have to remove the alternate to get rid of the line.

Alex

Hi Alex, in previous release there was an option to remove the track of the previuos flight, With this beta release there is a button that toggle the track on or off. The problem is that cancel the track of the previous flight but disabilitate the one of the new flight. If you recall the last one, the map shows the old and the new track. The only way is to exit the program and restart it.