Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

More 7x00 graphical weirdness

I saw the sticky above that shows people having water texture corruption issues. Over the last couple of days, I have been getting texture corruption, but not with water - with my aircraft!Beforehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174360.jpgAnd after :-eek http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174361.jpgIt happens anywhere from 5 mins to 5 hours into a flight, usually when changing view. I've tried different graphics drivers and am back to the 91.47 WHQL drivers. I've even tried underclocking my video card (even though temp doesn't go above 60C), but no change.Anyone seen this before? Any ideas?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi Gary,If I recall it was a .dll issue. I will have a look at the threads to find the post that had a good suggestion to fix the problem.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest RBridgers

I've been having the same problem for a week or so and I don't have a 7x00. The only fix I've found (I haven't tried reinstalling yet) is disabling shader model 2. Max, you say this is a .dll issue?

>I've been having the same problem for a week or so and I>don't have a 7x00. The only fix I've found (I haven't tried>reinstalling yet) is disabling shader model 2. Max, you say>this is a .dll issue?I'm pretty sure it is. But now that you mention it, that may be the issue. Although I had the same thing happen to me but after I rebooted the aircraft were ok. I saw a post somewhre a few weeks ago, have been looking around in various forums that I have been to and even tried googling it. I have not found anything as of yet. I'll keep looking though. EDIT: I think I found the post http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=404192&page=11It talks about a Fresnel_Ramp.ddsMaybe you should post over at the Level D forum and ask if anyone has encountered the same issue after installing the AC. You could repair or try a system restore.If all else fails you can PM Bill Learning who is one of the respondants in that post.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks for the input Max.A few days ago, I was playing with the poolsize setting and, when set to 10,000,000 as someone on a forum was suggesting, the misplaced textures happened on all aircraft, even in the free flight preview window. Obviously, I quickly got rid of that setting!I've been testing my hardware, especially my video card to see whether I can make it fall over under stress, but all seems good. In fact, my video card will run for hours passing the ATI tool artifact test at 688/429 when stock for the card is 630/330.I can't really say it is limited to the LDS 767 though, because I don't fly the default aircraft long enough to trigger this anomoly. Nonetheless, I'll make a post over in the LDS forum and see if anyone else is experiencing this. It's been six months since I last reinstalled my OS, so maybe it is time to put the big broom through it all again :-lol.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Well, I just managed to get the default 737-800 to do the same texture shuffle, so I don't think it is an LDS 767 related issue.I am doing a repair on FSX right now, then will reinstall SP1.Gary

Did you by any chance edit the SmallPartRejectRadius=Because if you make it too high, you'll start to lose pixels and things get really weird....like my Caravan paint scheme disappeared by setting it too high....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only change I have made to my FSX.CFG, after deleting it and letting FSX rebuild it, is setting WideViewAspect=True for my widescreen LCDs. I even tried it for a while without setting this, and the problems is still there.Quick update while I am here, after doing an FSX repair, the problem still occurs, however if I wait about 20-30 seconds the textures right themselves. Previously, the textures would stay skewiff until I restarted FSX. A baby step of progress! Gary

Guest bertvankampen

>The only change I have made to my FSX.CFG, after deleting it>and letting FSX rebuild it, is setting WideViewAspect=True for>my widescreen LCDs. I even tried it for a while without>setting this, and the problems is still there.>>Quick update while I am here, after doing an FSX repair, the>problem still occurs, however if I wait about 20-30 seconds>the textures right themselves. Previously, the textures would>stay skewiff until I restarted FSX. A baby step of progress!>>>Garyhi Gary,I am having just the same problems with all the stock FSX aircraftI didn't see any folow-up on your latest message, but may i ask you did you fix this very nasty problem. I have reinstalled 2 times and it's still there.Somebody replied me and was talking about the shaders, but after a fresh setup...?Hope you can tell me more about your story ended?Thanks and regardsBert

Maybe it's time to talk to Dr. Phil, either through his blog or here on the forums. You will get his attention if your put his name in the subject header.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest bertvankampen

>Maybe it's time to talk to Dr. Phil, either through his blog>or here on the forums. You will get his attention if your put>his name in the subject header.Herewith i call "Dr" Phil from ACES to help us with this very nasty problem.What are we doing wrong, that even after a complete reinstallment the aircraft is behaving like this...What exactly is causing this?Please Dr. Phil let us know one of ACES's secrets:-)At the moment i have to fly with FS9; i am very happy i still have kept it on my HD's.Thank you in advance!Kind regards.Bert

Bert,It's not like calling Dr. Bombay where he magically appears :-)... Post a new message, you need to put the call-out to him in the subject header box, but don't call him Dr. Phil though, he may not answer, I was just trying to be funny.Now when I think of it, have you guys completely removed any trace of FSX when uninstalling, there are files that are left in your "My Documents" folder for instance. Also when you are re-installing the FSX SP1 have you disabled antivirus, firewall's etc?I hope you get a remedy to your situation soon.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest bertvankampen

Thanks Max for your advice; i have posted a new thread.Regards.Bert

Another update boys and girls. After getting yet another "cannot read from file" error in FSX (I was also getting them with FS9), I went the whole hog yesterday and made a new XP installation on my second hard drive. I am pleased to report that in a day or so of flying, including a 9.5 hour flight from SBGR to LEMD in the LDS 767 at spanned resolution (3360x1050) and sliders mostly ultra high, I haven't had a single texture corruption issue! And, dare I say, I was actually really enjoying the experience!And to get me even more excited, I wasn't getting any stutters while panning the outside view UNTIL I registered FSX to get me past my 30 min test window. I tried rolling back with System Restore to before I registered, but is was still registered (and stuttering). What's with that???The one major differerence I noticed with my clean install of XP is that there are no longer any occassional 1 min pauses either when just after seeing the welcome screen or opening up explorer and waiting for the folder window to refresh. Couple this with the "cannot read from file" issues I was getting before with both FS9 and FSX, and maybe something was screwed up in my XP file access system that was also contributing to the texture corruptions we speak of in this thread. Anyhoo, I am currently on my next leg of taking the LDS 767 for FSX around the world, going from LEMD to HECA (I started at YSSY). If I get any more texture corruptions (likely just after I post this :-lol) I'll report back.Gary