Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 being released next week

The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week! While we are pinpointing the exact day of release, our team is currently adding in our final changes and updates for SU10. Beta users can expect one final test build coming shortly. We have also been closely working with NVIDIA regarding our DX12 optimizations and we plan to release SU10 in conjunction with an NVIDIA driver update that will help one of the first issues our Beta users discovered (graphical glitches and artifacts).

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-september-8th-2022-development-update/541529

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Nice!  I've been overall really happy the SU10 beta and hope that those who decided to wait it out will be equally pleased with SU10 final.

For me, a VR user, the biggest VR perk was that DLSS both delivered enhanced performance for image quality (well, ignoring the glass panel problem) and DLSS fixed the terrain/buildings simmering as you climbed to cruise altitude.  Hoping that I too will be equally pleased with its final release.

Edited by TheFamilyMan
  • Like 8

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I'm really excited, eagerly waiting for this one after the release date was set so unclear..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

There was a 2 page topic about this (that was listed as HOT) that seemingly disappeared 3-4 hours ago. 

Edited by Bdub22

Overall, SU10 beta has been very good for me, but I am just concerned about the CTD's that have been reported after the latest small update.  Hopefully the final beta update they mention (coming soon) may address some of these.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

24 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

There was a 2 page topic about this (that was listed as HOT) that seemingly disappeared 3-4 hours ago. 

I'm afraid that this was entirely my fault. Chaotic Beauty always posts Asobo's latest information on AVSIM. When he was absent today, I attempted to post the information myself. But my post wasn't formatted correctly and, much worse, didn't showcase all the new images from Asobo, which are among the best they've ever published. I requested that the mods delete my OP so that others, better qualified, could fill Chaotic Beauty's shoes with his weekly updates. By the time the mods deleted my OP, a discussion was already in progress. I apologize to everyone for this. This was the dumbest thing I've ever done on AVSIM, and that's saying a lot. You often don't appreciate someone's contributions -- I'm talking about Chaotic Beauty -- until that person is absent. He apparently hasn't been on here in several days, and this is the first update he's ever missed. Let's hope everything's okay. 

• Like 20
  • Upvote 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

This was the dumbest thing I've ever done on AVSIM

Not to worry. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I apologize to everyone for this.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You were just trying to keep us informed and I doubt anyone would fault you for that. I certainly don't. 

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, David Mills said:

This was the dumbest thing I've ever done on AVSIM, and that's saying a lot.

For sure not, I really appreciate things like that, David. Hope I added enough smilies to my posts in your thread which seemingly was deleted by now. While I admit being spoiled by ChaoticBeauty's formatting skills I am actually still capable to open links 😉

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

30 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I'm afraid that this was entirely my fault. 

No big deal my man, don't lose sleep over it.

• Like 1

So, the official SU10 finally releasing next week, very good!.

Is there any official link to any documentation regarding the SU10?. Looks like it'll be a huge update.

Of course, I'm not participating in the SU10 Beta program.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

the 1 million $ question: what is "shortly"?  "Beta users can expect one final test build coming shortly"

will we see the last SU10 beta update they mentioned still this weekend? and when will Nvidia release their next driver update that fixes the DX12 memory optimization bug? finally MSFS will get mentioned in a Nvidia driver readme. 😊

anyone seriously thinks they can compete with this, please come forward. you're cleared for the option.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-september-8th-2022-development-update/541529

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Is there any official link to any documentation regarding the SU10?. Looks like it'll be a huge update.

All the changes for SU 10 during the beta are posted here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/sim-update-10-beta/welcome-to-sim-update-10-beta/332

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Great news!! Especially this: 

We have also been closely working with NVIDIA regarding our DX12 optimizations and we plan to release SU10 in conjunction with an NVIDIA driver update that will help one of the first issues our Beta users discovered (graphical glitches and artifacts).

As many beta testers were raving about the DX12 performance with the first beta update, we're all in for something very good I think. And even then, DX11 has been very sweet in the latest updates. And - there's DLSS which (except for the speedtape ghosting and such) can both bring increased performance, but also enhanced image quality (as I elaborated on in another thread). So this is a huge update with lots of great stuff, and I'm positive that Asobo will give us a very solid SU10 next week 🙂

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

This was the dumbest thing I've ever done on AVSIM,

LOL, you obviously haven't been paying enough attention to some other posters on here, you are a long way off gaining the king of dumb title, must try harder.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H