Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Are the days organizing scenery cfgs done?

First off fellas... Thanks for all the info i read on this forum, I must say it keeps me sane. To the situation... i have added blueprint sceneries (which i enjoy alot) and UTX and a ton of megascenerys the problem being, the scenery cfg file located in FSX folder, does not update with new sceneries in their respected order... they are not there, yet in-game, they are (meaning.. if i play fsx and go to scenery index they are there) Seems strange. I would like to reorder the UTX entries under the megas as to not disrupt mega sceneries... but to no avail. When i manually reorder the UTX under Mega in-game it works for that session but when i return to fsx the UTX is again over Mega.. thus again i manually move these files. Not a problem you say, but i have over a hundred enties for mega alone. There are what ten or so entries for UTX. Where is the scenery cfg file i want to reorder? Always learning something new hopefullyThanks in advance with any thoughtsSteve

Guest mjtibbs

Hi,locate the scenery.cfg in yourc:/documents and settings/ALL USERS/application data/microsoft/FSX directory.this one caught me out for a while as the scenery.cfg in main fsx folder wouldnt change in content, but all the sceneries were present in FSX. (which is I believe, what you are describing)so yea, check the scenery.cfg in your "all users" folder.P.S you will need to enable "display hidden system files" if you dont have this currently set.

While you are there, make a shortcut of your actual scenery cfg file. Put the shortcut in your main FSX directory. You can look at it anytime without having to go to the aggravation of opening all those sub folders and un hiding them in the All Users directory. The shorcut will keep track of updates for you. The shortcut is not a hidden file.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090