Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

SU10 (beta) abandoned content.xml?

I've read that SU10 would not use the content.xml anymore. In contrast to this, I have also read that content.xml can now be used for priority settings only. Is this summarized somewhere, does it need a user input? I became aware of this, when I read an add-on description where the developer wrote that the add-on would be placed with "very low priority". I'm wondering how they would do this automatically? I have the current SUI10 beta active but the time stamp of my content.xml is early August - probably a date before I've joined the beta.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

They removed the content.xml, that’s all I know. Apparently they manage content in a different way, but I can’t remember where I read it.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 minutes ago, Greazer said:

So will this break any old airports?

I can’t see why it would. Old airports, like?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

20 minutes ago, Greazer said:

So will this break any old airports?

I flew all the beta without the content xml. Only navigraph needs it for installation method (they will change it when su10 goes alive). 

I have had no issues without the content xml. Also I have tested using the content xml with only the fsbase and navigraph entrances, no issues at all

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, vodka69 said:

and conflicts between asobo/microsoft airports and 3rd party airports are they managed?

Yes. They are managed. No conflicts seen at my end were they where prior beta when not disabling the default airports from MS (Like Leco had conflicts, they have gone now even without content xml)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

You will have problems with Fenix as it will overspeed.

You have to manually make an entry 

<Package name="fnx-aircraft-320" active="true"/>

to avoid this.

I have no knowledge if they will fix it when SU10 will be official

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, vodka69 said:

and conflicts between asobo/microsoft airports and 3rd party airports are they managed?

I think it's a good idea to delete the Asobo version when you have a 3rd party. And btw, I haven't had any scenery conflicts during my nearly 2 month beta run. 

I don't expect any problems with airports. But regional or global scenery may be more sensible to priority settings. I don't know how MSFS handles this. For example the developer of MAMUDESIGN MARINAS - Boats and Piers in the World writes: "The package is gonna be loaded in the sim hierarchy at low level, so any other package more advanced/manually created will be able to exclude mine in their area" . Just being curious, if the content.xml is obsolete where and how does MSFS decide which priority should be used for a specific add-on?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).