Sign in to follow this  
grajay

How to get ai aircraft to used user aircraft sound ?

Guest Corey Morris

hi folks, can some one tell me how to get my ai aircraft exp: WOAI A320 CFM to use my user a320_cfm56_sound ? thanks alot

>hi folks, can some one tell me how to get my ai aircraft exp:>WOAI A320 CFM to use my user a320_cfm56_sound ? thanks alotIt's quite easy to do. All you need is make the "sound.cfg"file point to the desired "sound" folder, using an "alias=" statement.Here is an examplefrom FSX for the MD-83.The MD-83 "soundai" folder contains the file "soundai.cfg".The "soundai.cfg" file looks like this:"fltsim" <----the " "'s are really square bracketsalias=B737_800soundaiThe AI MD-83 uses the B737_800soundai folder for it's sound.You can replace that with any valid path to any aircrafts "sound" or"soundai" folder.In your case, start by copying the "soundai" folder from the MD-83 into your WOAI A320 CFM folder, un;ess the WOAI aircraftalready has a "soundai" folder. In that case just use that oneand proceed as below.Next, using a text editor, edit the "soundai.cfg" file in the newly copied folder to point to wherever your a320 soundsare located.That's all there is to it. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Corey Morris

i gave it a try and no joy. the ai aircraft sound like the ones in fs9 will do some more testing tomorrow

Have you tried creating a soundai folder? In turn, rather than copying the sound files into the soundai folder and creating a soundai.cfg file, I imagine you can create an alias in the soundai.cfg file to whatever sounds you want to use. Look at the SimObjectsAirplanesB737_800 as an example.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

AI aircraft will not use user sound sets in FSX.But some parts of a user sound set can be used.Compare the sound.cfg files in the sound and soundai folders of the default B738 in FSX.Create a soundai folder in the WoA A320 folder. Work your way through the B738 soundai sound.cfg file and replace the default sounds with the equilavent sounds files names from your user aircraft.You will probably want to put the files in that folder rather than aliasing them.

Guest Corey Morris

will do some work for the weekend and will let you know thanks guys

Guest Corey Morris

Hi Reggie Fields where in the SDK can i find info on the aisound. thanks

I too wondered about changing the ai sound, and to this end I tried copying the sound files in the soundai folder of the 738 into the 747 and then edited the soundai.cfg file to increase the # of engines to 4. Having done all of this I then wondered whether I HAD to change the sound.cfg file in the sound folder as well? I can't think why it would be necessary for ai use only but didn't want to cause myself a load of extra work for nothing.

I haven't looked for anything regarding sound in the SDK.But after looking at many MS config files over the years, most of the setup looks pretty standard. The values for all the engines may take some experimentation, but the rest appears pretty straight forward.The hardest part will be knowing which file of your desired sound set has which sound.There is a SDK document - look under the SDK Overview --> SimObjects Creation Kit. It's really focused on User aircraft but gives a good overview of the sound system.

Guest Corey Morris

Hi guys did some work on the A320 IAE sound, hope to get it done by later today. thanks for help

Guest Corey Morris

ok guys i done some work on different engines sounds for the A320 IAE engine send me a email if you want to test them outpilotp_2000@hotmail.com