Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Kodiak G 1000 autopilot question

Looked all over and can't find it, anyone know what the SPD button on the autopilot panel in the Kodiak does. It is located right under the Flight Level Change button? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Looked all over and can't find it, anyone know what the SPD button on the autopilot panel in the Kodiak does. It is located right under the Flight Level Change button? 

Like you, it has been a while since I have flown the Kodiak but I don't think that it has an active function for that aircraft.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I remember correctly it should change units for KTS to MACH

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

If I remember correctly it should change units for KTS to MACH

Yes, I just found that out. Not much use for that in the Kodiak, unless I am flying straight down...😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On a slightly different topic, is it possible to turn off the FD on the G1000? I found it wasn't possible.. I need to turn it off during manual landings so that it doesn't block my view of the attitude indicator when I flare.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

7 minutes ago, vin747 said:

On a slightly different topic, is it possible to turn off the FD on the G1000? I found it wasn't possible.. I need to turn it off during manual landings so that it doesn't block my view of the attitude indicator when I flare.. 

Can't look out the window when you flare? 

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can't look out the window when you flare? 

Perhaps it’s just me, but it’s not that easy to judge the attitude in the sim vs real flying. As a student pilot I early learned the mantra “eyes to the end of the runway” before touchdown. Up in the sim though, I always fear a nose landing unless I keep an eye on the HSI.

And I’m sure the Kodiak has an FD button.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Perhaps it’s just me, but it’s not that easy to just the attitude in the sim vs real flying. As a student pilot I early learned the mantra “eyes to the end of the runway” before touchdown. Up in the sim though, I always fear a nose landing unless I keep an eye on the HSI.

And I’m sure the Kodiak has an FD button.

When the runway starts to flatten out, you are at flare height. The Kodiak has a FD button but the auto pilot has to be off too. 

I don't think anyone understood what I was saying.. lemme try again.. 

I always do manual landings and switch between outside view and scanning instruments.. and I can judge the flare by looking out.. but the attitude indicator tells me how many degrees my flare was at touchdown.. I check this during replays to improve my future landings along with touchdown rate, speed etc.. having FD ON will insert that purple crosshairs on top of the black crosshairs.. I only want to see the actual aircraft's attitude (black crosshairs or inverted V, more like ^) , not the FD's purple inverted V  which is basically what the AP wants the aircraft to do.. 

so anyway, turning the AP off and FD off does not remove the purple ^ in the G1000.. but i'm able to turn it off in other planes like CRJ for instance which helps me judge my flare angle.. because now i'm only looking at the actual attitude and not having the purple ^ obscure my black ^.. 

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

I don't think anyone understood what I was saying.. lemme try again.. 

I always do manual landings and switch between outside view and scanning instruments.. and I can judge the flare by looking out.. but the attitude indicator tells me how many degrees my flare was at touchdown.. I check this during replays to improve my future landings along with touchdown rate, speed etc.. having FD ON will insert that purple crosshairs on top of the black crosshairs.. I only want to see the actual aircraft's attitude (black crosshairs or inverted V, more like ^) , not the FD's purple inverted V  which is basically what the AP wants the aircraft to do.. 

so anyway, turning the AP off and FD off does not remove the purple ^ in the G1000.. but i'm able to turn it off in other planes like CRJ for instance which helps me judge my flare angle.. because now i'm only looking at the actual attitude and not having the purple ^ obscure my black ^.. 

I believe it is a bug..

Bert

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that. Let me try again in a few flights after SU10 and report back. I believe we get an updated G1000 after SU10. 

Vinod Kumar

10 hours ago, vin747 said:

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that. Let me try again in a few flights after SU10 and report back. I believe we get an updated G1000 after SU10. 

The G1000 update has been available for months, the G1000 Nxi....