Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sales of PMDG 737-700 exceeded even most optimistic forecast

10 minutes ago, Reader said:

I suspect that you may have made that up.

Nope they had a very strong opinion on MSFS 2 years ago calling it arcady and would never be suited for their type of product, oh have times and mindsets have changed. Nothing to do with the SDK. Fenix, Leonardo,Milviz and PMDG showed them it can be done and gave them the middle two fingers driving their brinks trucks back into their Swiss bank. OK I made that last part up.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 4

Just now, Krakin said:

This is the info we've been waiting for @abrams_tank!

Yeah, it's just too bad Randazzo didn't give more information on the sales number for the PMDG 737-700, like he did with the DC6.  Randazzo said the DC6 sold more copies in the first 12 hours of sales in MSFS, than the DC6 sold in FSX + P3D + XP for all time.  I would be curious to know how much better the PMDG 737-700 sold versus the FSX and P3D sales of the same.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Nope they had a very strong opinion on MSFS 2 years ago calling it arcady and would never be suited for their type of product, oh have times and mindsets have changed. Nothing to do with the SDK

I agree with this.  FSLabs was so wrong on their assessment of MSFS.  While FSLabs was unsure of whether they should make a product for MSFS, Fenix was already in the middle of making their A320 for MSFS. And now, not only will Fenix take away the A320 market share from FSLabs, but Fenix may also take away the A319 and A321 market share from FSLabs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

I agree with this.  FSLabs was so wrong on their assessment of MSFS.  While FSLabs was unsure of whether they should make a product for MSFS, Fenix was already in the middle of making their A320 for MSFS. And now, not only will Fenix take away the A320 market share from FSLabs, but Fenix may also take away the A319 and A321 market share from FSLabs.

I wonder if FSL will just focus on the A330 as their first entry to MSFS (or at least release that before the A320)... if they're keeping an eye on the MSFS aircraft market they'd release the A330 first, and perhaps even do that along with the Concorde for MSFS first rather than P3D first as they've currently planned <ducks>

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

59 minutes ago, Reader said:

I suspect that you may have made that up.
All three produce aircraft models that do things that other developers' models do not.
My recollection was that rather than not taking MSFS seriously, they looked at the SDK
and saw that until it improved, introducing their model would simply not be possible.

You're right - I remember Scott at A2A saying that they were having problems developing Accusim, their trade-mark feature, for MSFS due to shortcomings in the SDK. It is resolved now, but they had to wait on Asobo for quite a while.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Good. Hope this drives them to produce a 767 😛

• Like 3

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

spacer.png

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

For FSLabs though, Fenix with their A320 did everything that FSLabs does, and more. So the SDK for MSFS was always more than capable. Fenix knew that from the very beginning when MSFS was released.

This is a bit generous. The Fenix is good but it's Prosim at heart, and in many ways the FSLabs is a superior simulation of the A320 (systems wise, and especially flight model wise). Let alone that not being limited by Prosim means that their work is transferrable to the A330 while Fenix do not have this luxury.

Edited by StAgre
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

FSL is currently working on their A320 CEO family for MSFS, so time will tell... Nothing like some good competition to spice things up. We will always win.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

36 minutes ago, StAgre said:

This is a bit generous. The Fenix is good but it's Prosim at heart, and in many ways the FSLabs is a superior simulation of the A320 (systems wise, and especially flight model wise). Let alone that not being limited by Prosim means that their work is transferrable to the A330 while Fenix do not have this luxury.

What ever the Fenix  is it is the best Airliner I have ever flown, and I have had most of them over the years. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, StAgre said:

The Fenix is good but it's Prosim at heart

Prosim is avionics

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StAgre said:

As someone who owns FSL on P3D, I really don’t think FSL is superior, in fact they are similar to each other. Sure FSL feels to me more “ironed out” but don’t forget FSL is there for over 7 years and Fenix is only there for couple of months 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I wonder if FSL will just focus on the A330 as their first entry to MSFS (or at least release that before the A320)... if they're keeping an eye on the MSFS aircraft market they'd release the A330 first, and perhaps even do that along with the Concorde for MSFS first rather than P3D first as they've currently planned <ducks>

I think at this point there best option would be to go for the A350.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, David Roch said:

Don't forget all of those who have made their fortunes thanks to PMDG. For example me, I earned $2 and 50 cts thanks to my 737's checklist on flighsim.to.
😎

overpaid

• Like 3

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, it's just too bad Randazzo didn't give more information on the sales number for the PMDG 737-700, like he did with the DC6.  Randazzo said the DC6 sold more copies in the first 12 hours of sales in MSFS, than the DC6 sold in FSX + P3D + XP for all time.  I would be curious to know how much better the PMDG 737-700 sold versus the FSX and P3D sales of the same.

Kinda makes you wonder now what their excuse will be for the high prices...

• Like 3