Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dark Shadow

What do you think I should do....?

Guest jacob001

I just recieved the following e-mail but it seems far too good to be true. Yet, it seems genuine with an address etc. I don't know whether to reply or not. One on hand it could comfirm my e-mail to spammers and I could recieve dozens of spam (and I get enough already)but, on the other hand, it could be genuine and I could be missing out on this. Do you reckon I should reply?FORM: BEDFORD INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY ORGANIZATIONNAL-LOTTO PROMO UKCauldwell Street Bedford, MK42 9AHBedford, United Kingdom.Office of Prize Disbursement (OPD)Dear Prize Winner,Reference number:BG/4455461999/06Batch number:44/1882/BDLWe are pleased to inform you of the result of the BEDFORD FORTUNE LOTTO britssweepstakes lottery International promotion UK programs held on the 29th July2006. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number 044-5546772-650 with serialnumber 23-25-26-31-44-46,Which consequently won in the 2ND category, you have therefore been approvedfor a lump sum pay out of

Guest Philip Olson

These are all fake. Do you think that if you did not enter a lottery that you will automatically be placed in it, with no charge to you? If you respond more than likely they will try to get your account information or some other info that allows them to either steal your identity or money. Please never, ever respond to anything like this and perhaps even forward this on to a law enforcement agency. I get several of these types of emails per week, in fact I try to get myself on these peoples lists because the main part of my business is network and computer security, it is my job to warn people and companies about threats such as these. Yes, they try to make these look as real as possible and they may actually include information that is real but this is NOT real, trust me. If you ever need or want more information about internet and PC security feel free to drop me an email and I'll be happy to email you some of the stuff that I share with my clients, I'd rather see members of this forum safe since you are much like extended family to me. polson@neo.rr.com is my email address.Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Philip Olson

Anyone who might be interested in the security information that I have can feel free to drop me a line, I'll gladly share what I have with anyone here. It covers every aspect of security from viruses, spyware, worms, hoax emails, just about anything you could ever want to know. It explains in detail what to watch out for all the way through how to clean it up as well as links to sites that will help to easily identify what you have and how to get rid of it. Additionally I have links and lists of fradulent banks and credit companies, links to help you if you fall victim to identity theft, links to get help in any of these areas. Basically I have compiled a database of everything that can happen, how to avoid it and how to fix it if you get into trouble. I also teach classes about all of this stuff so it is set up so anyone from a novice to an expert can use this. I just wanted you all to know that this is available for you to use if you need or want it. Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

It's obviously a fraud. Why should someone give you

Guest Dark Shadow

Received the same letter with the same file number. This is a Scam to get money or your account number.